Is this supposed to be a fighter or a party brawler?

#11Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:01:51 PM
flame030191 posted...
Xeedragon posted...
flame030191 posted...
Xeedragon posted...
JayXZ posted...
Both; it's somewhere in the middle.

That explains why it's so unbalanced, even Dante, Virgil, and Wesker in UMVC 3 were less cheaper than Kratos and Raiden.

Learn to block or counter. It's not hard, as these two characters are very predictable in how they are played.

It's not as if that makes them any less cheap. You could say that for any game, even Superman 64 and Ninja Gaiden.

But its not cheap. It's predictable and easy to counter. I know, as I'm a Kratos player and have had my ass handed to me on a silver platter many times simply because he is easy as mess to counter.

Try spamming grab. Sadly, the rest of us are not gods as you clearly are, and we prefer characters to be balanced. Elitist bint.
#12papermarkisPosted 12/3/2012 5:07:05 PM
He's not being an elitist bint. He's trying to tell you how to counter an easily countered strategy since people like you love to complain about everything in the world being overpowered without first exploring your options or admitting that you're just bad at the game.
#13DanE4764Posted 12/3/2012 5:09:37 PM
Xeedragon are you still crying? If you hate the game so much don't play the game! God knows me and just about every player on the board would love that. Same goes to rumba and lume. We don't need fanboys annoying everyone on the board all the time.
#14LanoitakudePosted 12/3/2012 5:09:48 PM
Xeedragon posted...
Whenever people make valid points against Playstation Allstars fanboys yell "It's a party brawler!" and then yell "It's a fighter!" in the next thread. So what the heck is it? It isn't as balanced as a fighter, it doesn't have as good a story mode as a party brawler, and it has a worse roster than both.

it doesn't have as good a story mode as a party brawler

story mode

party brawler

/baffle.
---
Xboxlive/PSN: Lanoitakude
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
#15Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:11:11 PM
papermarkis posted...
He's not being an elitist bint. He's trying to tell you how to counter an easily countered strategy since people like you love to complain about everything in the world being overpowered without first exploring your options or admitting that you're just bad at the game.

So you're saying that it doesn't matter if something is overpwered as long as there is "some" chance you can avoid it? The gene pool is getting more polluted every day. Must be those Superfund sites.
#16Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:13:03 PM
Lanoitakude posted...
Xeedragon posted...
Whenever people make valid points against Playstation Allstars fanboys yell "It's a party brawler!" and then yell "It's a fighter!" in the next thread. So what the heck is it? It isn't as balanced as a fighter, it doesn't have as good a story mode as a party brawler, and it has a worse roster than both.

it doesn't have as good a story mode as a party brawler

story mode

party brawler

/baffle.

Re: Subspace Emissary
#17LanoitakudePosted 12/3/2012 5:16:48 PM
Xeedragon posted...

Then you should likely amend your original post. "With a story mode as good as Super Smash Bros brawl", instead making a blanket statement that all Party Brawlers had a great single-player experience. Secondly, the single-player experience is tertiary to the primary goal of a Party Brawler, and I would hardly call it the primary selling point.

The most recent Mortal Kombat game had a better single-player experience than SSBB, but I fail to see how that is relevant in judging a fighting game or a party brawler; both are competitive by nature, and should be judged on the merits of the game in that department alone.

Also, most fighting games are not well balanced, and require iteration to refine. Some fighting games, such as the Street Fighter series, have the benefit of generations of titles to hone their style of gameplay and to refine balance. PSABR, being the first in its series, does not have this luxury.

PSABR is a competitive party brawler with heavy fighting game influences. It's as simple as that.
---
#18Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:18:46 PM
Lanoitakude posted...
Xeedragon posted...

Then you should likely amend your original post. "With a story mode as good as Super Smash Bros brawl", instead making a blanket statement that all Party Brawlers had a great single-player experience. Secondly, the single-player experience is tertiary to the primary goal of a Party Brawler, and I would hardly call it the primary selling point.

The most recent Mortal Kombat game had a better single-player experience than SSBB, but I fail to see how that is relevant in judging a fighting game or a party brawler; both are competitive by nature, and should be judged on the merits of the game in that department alone.

Also, most fighting games are not well balanced, and require iteration to refine. Some fighting games, such as the Street Fighter series, have the benefit of generations of titles to hone their style of gameplay and to refine balance. PSABR, being the first in its series, does not have this luxury.

PSABR is a competitive party brawler with heavy fighting game influences. It's as simple as that.

It's not competitive. That's the thing. Nerfing Sackboy was a small step along the marathon to balancing the game.
#19da1on2Posted 12/3/2012 5:20:09 PM
It's supposed to be a video game.
---
Systemwars.com has much more intelligent people than GameFaqs. Post there.
#20LanoitakudePosted 12/3/2012 5:23:55 PM
Xeedragon posted...
It's not competitive. That's the thing. Nerfing Sackboy was a small step along the marathon to balancing the game.

The game is actually quite balanced. There are a few characters that stink up the balance a bit, but overall there is a pretty solid amount of viable characters. There are really only 2-3 characters that are "bottom barrel", with about the same amount at the very top. The "meat" of the roster actually sits rather well on the balance spectrum.

Deciding on whether a game can be classified as "competitive" or not is much more complicated than simply commenting on your personal experience of "overpowered" characters. Superbot claims to be committed to creating a stable, balanced environment for competitive play. We're on week 2 now of the game's release, and they're going to be releasing a patch. We'll see if they stick to their word and keep tweaking and refining.

In the meantime, I know myself, and many like me, are having a blast playing this game locally and online.
---