Is it really worth 65$?

#1sicko82Posted 12/3/2012 5:57:44 PM
It does look entertaining but it just seems like a 29.99 PSN game to me. Can anyone give me some info?
#2phil_hendriePosted 12/3/2012 5:58:36 PM
Im happy with my purchase and the knowledge that whenever I do get a PS Vita, ill have it for it is really nice.
---
PSN: Bartuby_Jones
XBL: BartubyJones
#3TheExiled280Posted 12/3/2012 6:00:14 PM
Depends: Will you play online? Do you have a PS Vita?

If yes to both or the first one, then yes it's worth it.
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV) & Growlanser WoT(PSP)
#4flame030191Posted 12/3/2012 6:01:25 PM
Depends. If you like the roster and competitive multiplayer-focused fighting games, yes it is. If you want a Smash Bros clone using the Sony roster, you're SOL. If you're looking strictly for single player, wait for a good sale.

However, do not get discouraged from playing online simply because other games did it wrong. The online works very well and even new players can get some good kills in, sometimes even winning
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#5TheExiled280Posted 12/3/2012 6:02:15 PM
flame030191 posted...
Depends. If you like the roster and competitive multiplayer-focused fighting games, yes it is. If you want a Smash Bros clone using the Sony roster, you're SOL. If you're looking strictly for single player, wait for a good sale.

However, do not get discouraged from playing online simply because other games did it wrong. The online works very well and even new players can get some good kills in, sometimes even winning

^he pretty much sumed it up the best
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV) & Growlanser WoT(PSP)
#6XeedragonPosted 12/3/2012 6:06:13 PM(edited)
flame030191 posted...

Hahahahaha, you've got to be kidding me. Competitive multiplayer? Only if you get past all the glitches and use the spammable invincibility frame homing attacks that 80% of people are using. This game is good for multiplayer if you like playing tedious matches using only Kratos, Raiden or Sly.
#7SpacePirateKhanPosted 12/3/2012 6:19:50 PM(edited)
The fighting is pretty beautiful. It's a mix of party brawler and competitive fighter. The single player experience is pretty barebones, though, so make sure you have friends to play with (online or off). I really enjoy playing this game, and all the characters play different from each other - even Cole and Evil Cole feel very different, despite being the same guy.

I don't regret dropping $65 on it.
---
Official Sackboy Champion of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Board!
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
#8blaze19_0XPosted 12/3/2012 6:25:59 PM(edited)
The single player isn't even barebones.

Arcade
Combat trials (general and 21-25 for each character)
Customization
Tutorials (basic, advanced, character specific with combos)
Practice Mode
Versus (set CPUs and match conditions)

That's already more than most traditional fighters.

People that say it's barebones either forget half these modes exist, think they aren't much (because they haven't tried them) or are expecting a Metal Gear Solid story mode from a fighting game.

I've easily spent 30 hours on the single player alone already and I'm no where near done with any of it.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#9XeedragonPosted 12/3/2012 6:31:44 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
The single player isn't even barebones.

Arcade
Combat trials (general and 21-25 for each character)
Customization
Tutorials (basic, advanced, character specific with combos)
Practice Mode
Versus (set CPUs and match conditions)

That's already more than most traditional fighters.

People that say it's barebones either forget half these modes exist, think they aren't much (because they haven't tried them) or are expecting a Metal Gear Solid story mode from a fighting game.

I've easily spent 30 hours on the single player alone already and I'm no where near done with any of it.

Customization is a joke, it's mostly icons and "belts" that don't mean anything. Single player is really short, counting tutorials as modes is just plain lying, and Practice/Versus is virtually the same thing.
#10CChoochPosted 12/3/2012 6:32:42 PM
Not really.
---
PSN: RadRed