Is it really worth 65$?

#11TheExiled280Posted 12/3/2012 6:33:35 PM
The single player isn't even barebones.

Arcade
Combat trials (general and 21-25 for each character)
Customization
Tutorials (basic, advanced, character specific with combos)
Practice Mode
Versus (set CPUs and match conditions)

That's already more than most traditional fighters.

People that say it's barebones either forget half these modes exist, think they aren't much (because they haven't tried them) or are expecting a Metal Gear Solid story mode from a fighting game.

I've easily spent 30 hours on the single player alone already and I'm no where near done with any of it.

I agree
---
New Little King Story English Trailer:
http://youtu.be/6Ce9c0wH3UE
#12TheNardDogPosted 12/3/2012 6:34:01 PM
flame030191 posted...
Depends. If you like the roster and competitive multiplayer-focused fighting games, yes it is. If you want a Smash Bros clone using the Sony roster, you're SOL. If you're looking strictly for single player, wait for a good sale.

However, do not get discouraged from playing online simply because other games did it wrong. The online works very well and even new players can get some good kills in, sometimes even winning

Off topic, but there were more good Sonic games. Don't get butthurt 'cause they changed the style. It's my favorite too, but hey. Not all are good, but quite a few are.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#13HIroChuPosted 12/3/2012 6:34:06 PM
To me its worth like 35 or 40$
---
"Guess who uses bras as butt cheek holders?"
#14ZidaneskiPosted 12/3/2012 6:36:27 PM
Worth more than 65$ to me...so I bought two copies.
#15SpacePirateKhanPosted 12/3/2012 6:39:48 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
The single player isn't even barebones.

[stuff]

Hmm.. I guess I should have said Arcade Mode is barebones/repetitive, not the Single Player as a whole. Trials/Training/etc. are good enough, but Fighting Polygon Team can't even throw out more than 3 unique characters per Arcade Mode, and Polygon Man is 100% nonthreatening, from his voice to his chinsmash. Sure, he turns into stage hazards, but those aren't very scary either, and it's only if you haven't already killed his weak minions before he finally decides to transform.

Some silly mini-games would have broken up the repititiveness of the single player challenges a lot. Some of the Rival cutscenes are pretty awkwardly written, too... >_>;
---
Official Sackboy Champion of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Board!
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
#16Majora999Posted 12/3/2012 6:47:21 PM(edited)
TheNardDog posted...
flame030191 posted...
Depends. If you like the roster and competitive multiplayer-focused fighting games, yes it is. If you want a Smash Bros clone using the Sony roster, you're SOL. If you're looking strictly for single player, wait for a good sale.

However, do not get discouraged from playing online simply because other games did it wrong. The online works very well and even new players can get some good kills in, sometimes even winning

Off topic, but there were more good Sonic games. Don't get butthurt 'cause they changed the style. It's my favorite too, but hey. Not all are good, but quite a few are.

Agreed, Generations and Colors were fantastic.

EDIT: Oh an All-Stars Racing was really good, too. It's funny, actually, I feel it's kind of like the PSASBR to Mario Kart's SSB: a touch underrated, but better basic gameplay, if with less flair. Haven't played Transformed, though.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#17wwinterj25Posted 12/3/2012 6:51:18 PM(edited)
Xeedragon posted...
Customization is a joke, it's mostly icons and "belts" that don't mean anything.

It makes your profile personal online. Also there is taunts, intros, outros and victory music to unlock. Sure they all mean nothing but they look cool. There is also 2 costumes and 4 different colours of each including the default. The pre order costumes may be up for download at some point so that leaves 3 costumes with 4 different variations. Would I like more? Yes but for now that's fine.

The game was worth the full price of a game that I paid for it. I'm not a fighting game fan or fan of online but with this game I find it very addictive. I'm not good online at all but it's fun trying and that's all a game needs to be. Fun. :D
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#18XeedragonPosted 12/3/2012 6:52:39 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Xeedragon posted...
Customization is a joke, it's mostly icons and "belts" that don't mean anything.

It makes your profile personal online. Also there is taunts, intros, outros and victory music to unlock. Sure they all mean nothing but they look cool. There is also 2 costumes and 4 different colours of each including the default. The pre order costumes may be up for download at some point so that leaves 3 costumes with 4 different variations. Would I like more? Yes but for now that's fine.

I'm sure that seeing a strip of color is making your account feel personal. Pwned, Owned, and Triple-Coned.
#19Majora999Posted 12/3/2012 6:53:58 PM
Xeedragon posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
Xeedragon posted...

I'm sure that seeing a strip of color is making your account feel personal. Pwned, Owned, and Triple-Coned.

No, but the Icon, Background, favorite Costume and personalized animations sure do!
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#20flame030191Posted 12/3/2012 6:56:25 PM
TheNardDog posted...
flame030191 posted...

IMO, most people just lowered their standards for what constitutes a good Sonic game. Basically, its like saying Colors and Generations wasn't as bad as Sonic '06 or Unleashed. That's not to say they're GOOD, they're just not as crappy.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.