So question...

#1TheNardDogPosted 12/3/2012 5:36:25 PM
Just battled some guy from here who was using Dante. There's a few spammers, Dante, Raiden, Kratos and I would say Nariko but she's a bit harder to use. Dante can do a combo where it can be done repeatedly until you land on your knees. From there they can continue or do the level 1, which is literally unavoidable. Any way to get out of this combo? It's pretty cheap. Like Ratchet's lvl 1. I can still win a lot of the time, but it's pretty annoying.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#2tinfoil21Posted 12/3/2012 5:39:09 PM
Roll out of the wake-up phase. He can't hit while you're down, so you have an advantage. Also, you could try mashing the X key so you jump over his attacks when getting up.
---
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and have his shoes.
#3KindertotenwaldPosted 12/3/2012 5:39:27 PM
God is there nothing you don;t complain about?
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#4TheNardDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:42:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5KtimleckPosted 12/3/2012 5:43:40 PM
Nope. Once you get caught you're done.
---
PSN ID: Dorito_2
#6CChoochPosted 12/3/2012 5:44:55 PM
Dante has an empty cancel combo off of his Attack 1 string into either level 1 or level 2 that is unavoidable. Since that sounds like what happened to you, I'm going to say it was unavoidable.
---
PSN: RadRed
#7xBlaze_13Posted 12/3/2012 5:45:16 PM
I think that was me, sorry about that, but dante is garbage without his cancels and loops. And theres no way to get out of the cancel to level 1 unless someone interrupts it.
---
PSN/SEN: xBlaze_13
#8TheNardDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:46:46 PM
xBlaze_13 posted...
I think that was me, sorry about that, but dante is garbage without his cancels and loops. And theres no way to get out of the cancel to level 1 unless someone interrupts it.

It's fine. It's part of the game, I'll work around it. We should have a rematch more time with more people.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#9KindertotenwaldPosted 12/3/2012 5:47:55 PM
TheNardDog posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...
God is there nothing you don;t complain about?

Me specifically? Yes. But thanks for just insulting me rather than answering my question. Dick. I didn't ask for it to be changed. Asking if there's a way to avoid it.

Also, when you are on your knees you aren't down, that's the opportunity to hit you. I try holding/tapping block but it doesn't do much. It works a bit of the time. Maybe time it in between the swings? I don't think you could jump.

Who else?

It wasn't an insult it was a question.

Flaming? I'll be reporting.

I never said you said you asked for it to be changed, make sure you understand my post before you reply next time.

I don;t doubt you were asking for a way around it.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#10xBlaze_13Posted 12/3/2012 5:51:39 PM
TheNardDog posted...
xBlaze_13 posted...

It's fine. It's part of the game, I'll work around it. We should have a rematch more time with more people.

IMO, whenever you confront a Dante, you should just simply block and grab him. His moves and counter are extremtely unsafe.
---
PSN/SEN: xBlaze_13