Give me your honest opinion about this game

#1TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/3/2012 6:53:20 PM
Basically I get to choose between getting this or Far Cry 3 for free. The thing is I had Brawl since it first came out and I'm bored with it now. This seems similar to Brawl, except for a different way to score point. I also just got Borderlands 2 so it's an fps that involves exploration and will take a ton of time to complete, which also applies to Far Cry 3.

So I would like some opinions about this game, preferably in comparison to Brawl. Thanks.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#2Heroicmedic92Posted 12/3/2012 6:55:15 PM
I don't think it's worth 60$ but it's a great game. The price tag is off through (Honest opinion)
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 12/3/2012 7:00:32 PM
do you want a party brawler or do you want to shoot things?
#4TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:01:28 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

If it was that simple I wouldn't have made this topic lol
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#5iPutinWORKPosted 12/3/2012 7:12:35 PM(edited)
honest opinion?

It's a GREAT game, but probably not worth a $60.00+ tax purchase. It's more worth $30.00, used. But still a great game.

Is it Like Super Smash?
It's JUST AS GOOD AS SMASH BROTHERS. Not better or worse, but different in many many ways -- though there are equally as many similarities. They are similar to each other in that NEITHER of them is a ""one-on-one" fighting game (though the competitive fighting game community would love to experiment with both in such a fashion). They are both, at heart, "party fighting games." There is nothing wrong with this; just calling a spade a spade.

It would be a mistake to buy this and think you were getting Persona 4 Arena, or Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This is a 4-person, primarily Free for All-type fighting party game. Some 2vs2 action. 1 on 1 doesn't really see much action, online.

Roster Concerns
The roster is EH. No other word to describe it. Not fantastic, not terrible, just ******* "EH." There are a few awesome picks (Sackboy, Drake, etc.), but there are some WTF choices as in every mash-up title (Think UMvC3 or SFxTekken). You will be a little disappointed that your favorite characters aren't in it (e.g., Crash, Spyro, Gex, Croc, [insert your favorite]), but you'll invariably get over when you play the game.

Online isn't perfect, but WORKS
The online WORKS, but still has some glitches (Superbot is working hard on this). If and when you play it online, you will encounter spammers (Sackboy), cheezers ("Drake run and gun loop), and quitters. But that's the nature of the online party/fighting game beast.

Balance
From a balance standpoint, I think things are OK. Some characters are stronger than others (Sackboy was far and away, THE best -- Superbot had to nerf the little bugger because he was too much of "G"), but it's nothing to the level of imbalance you'd find in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. The good news is that the development team is actively working on the balance issues -- the proof of such claim is in the recent nerf.

Graphics Presentation
The graphics are good, not incredible, but the gameplay is FUN. The soundtrack is great, in my opinion. The presentation leaves quite a bit to be desired -- aw hell, who am I kidding? The presentation kind of sucks. The menus are easily outdone by amateurs (fact), but the in-game HUD is good. The end-credits pretty much suck.

LOLStory Mode
Oh, and if you play this game for the single-player story, LOL at you.

Overall
But overall, very very good game. I'd give it a 7.5 - 8/10.

THAT's Honest.

***Damn, I pretty much just wrote a review. FYI, anytime somebody makes a topic like this, from now on, I'm just gonna copy/paste this post.***
---
PSN Salesrobmy7 | I play: MvC2 and PSASBR || Add me!
Favorites SMB3 | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon
#6wwinterj25Posted 12/3/2012 7:04:14 PM
The way I look at it you will get the game for free so I say this. If you ever bought Far Cry 3 you wouldn't be disappoint as it seems to be worth paying for. This on the other hand although worth paying for to me you might not like. That said I've not been following Far Cry 3 and not even played the first or second. I hear the second was bad so the third might be the same.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 12/3/2012 7:04:33 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

If it was that simple I wouldn't have made this topic lol

you dont know what you want to do? that sounds like a problem. i cant recommend you a game if you arent sure about what kind of genre you are interested in, in the first place.
#8WSPro17Posted 12/3/2012 7:05:29 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Basically I get to choose between getting this or Far Cry 3 for free. The thing is I had Brawl since it first came out and I'm bored with it now. This seems similar to Brawl, except for a different way to score point. I also just got Borderlands 2 so it's an fps that involves exploration and will take a ton of time to complete, which also applies to Far Cry 3.

So I would like some opinions about this game, preferably in comparison to Brawl. Thanks.

This is a fun game but the online issues are still being worked out. While there is a single player experience, it will not come close to what you'll get with FC3. The online is fun but can be very aggrevating at times. If you have friends that will play AllStars, i'd suggest getting it over FC. This game is honestly very fun.

However, as fun as it is, I would not suggest this over another game unless you are seriously into fighting games. Or, becoming serious about them. I consider it a better brawler than SSB. However, it's not yet a fighting game that will compete.

You want an awesome single player experience? Get FC.
You think you'll get bored with Brawlers? Get FC.
You have Borderlands 2 and don't want another FPS? Still, get FC.

I am not bashing AllStars, I love it. However, it seems FC will be more enjoyable for you.
#9AndKevinBaconPosted 12/3/2012 7:06:30 PM
It's iight.
#10WSPro17Posted 12/3/2012 7:11:02 PM
WSPro17 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

This is a fun game but the online issues are still being worked out. While there is a single player experience, it will not come close to what you'll get with FC3. The online is fun but can be very aggrevating at times. If you have friends that will play AllStars, i'd suggest getting it over FC. This game is honestly very fun.

However, as fun as it is, I would not suggest this over another game unless you are seriously into fighting games. Or, becoming serious about them. I consider it a better brawler than SSB. However, it's not yet a fighting game that will compete.

You want an awesome single player experience? Get FC.
You think you'll get bored with Brawlers? Get FC.
You have Borderlands 2 and don't want another FPS? Still, get FC.

I am not bashing AllStars, I love it. However, it seems FC will be more enjoyable for you.

To elaborate on my point: It's more technical than Brawl. Combos are vital and building meter to unleash supers are the only way to kill. The levels are also more balanced and you have less to worry about, like suicides, than you do in SSB. I can see me playing this game for well over 2000+ hours but I am in love with fighting games... well, as of late. It's a better multiplayer game than Brawl on a better looking piece of hardware but there are striking similarities.

I misread that you didn't want another FPS. FarCry is getting rave reviews and AllStars has been mixed. Again, nothing against AllStars, trying to seperate from personal bias. What made Brawl so fun for me was the friends I had to play with. It's easy to make friends to play with on the boards or in your matches. Yet, the single player experiece is going to be the same with different cutscenes.