This game is so unbalanced its crazy. Taking the fun away.

#21WOSpacesPosted 12/3/2012 11:48:42 PM
I know what they can do. Have only one character then it will be balanced. Seriously though, do you want everyone to play the same so there's nothing distinguishable between characters?
---
3DS FC: 1977-0251-2593
PSN: Readvacancy
#22TerotrousPosted 12/4/2012 12:03:11 AM
The problem is that in this game, the number of players and the match type affect how good supers are, yet in all modes they function the same and cost the same amount. Thus most characters are drastically better in some modes than others.

The way to balance this would be for every super to have a different AP cost in each mode. For example, Cole's level 2 is utterly worthless in 1v1. In FFA, it can get 3 kills, but in 1v1, it can only get 1, just like his level 1, and it's harder to get a kill with it. It also costs over 3 times as much. In 1v1, it should cost much less than it does in FFA because the value you get for that AP is so much less.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#23Chzrm3Posted 12/4/2012 12:05:32 AM
Terotrous posted...
The problem is that in this game, the number of players and the match type affect how good supers are, yet in all modes they function the same and cost the same amount. Thus most characters are drastically better in some modes than others.

The way to balance this would be for every super to have a different AP cost in each mode. For example, Cole's level 2 is utterly worthless in 1v1. In FFA, it can get 3 kills, but in 1v1, it can only get 1, just like his level 1, and it's harder to get a kill with it. It also costs over 3 times as much. In 1v1, it should cost much less than it does in FFA because the value you get for that AP is so much less.

Oooo, that's a really interesting point.

Heck, Cole's level 3 isn't even very good in 1 v 1 - I've seen someone only get one kill on me with it before, since it takes so long to spin around and kill people and you can typically delay your demise for a while just by running to a corner.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#24metroid compositePosted 12/4/2012 12:40:16 AM
Captain_Blaq posted...
Its like there was no QA at all. Some characters are undeniably MUCH better than others.

Having QA doesn't necessarily imply game balance. Every game released on the PS3 is required to go through several QA steps. Most games lack any semblance of balance.
---
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
#25ArmedDragoonPosted 12/4/2012 12:52:59 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
play as nathan drake and just own everyone

I was surprised to learn that Nathan Drake has an honest to god infinite that is incredibly easy to do and will keep you stuck until the IPS kicks in every time, as a gentleman playing Nathan Drake demonstrated to me many times.

PSASBR: Completely and totally balanced forever
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#26LexithaniusPosted 12/4/2012 1:00:04 AM
3D3 posted...
It's just unfortunate that all I see are Raidens, Kratos, Sackboy, Sly and Drake.

This. This. A million times, this.

Not speaking on any alleged imbalances. They're just the only ones I see. Forever. Always.
---
Put dat mayonnaise on yo child.
PSN-WatchfulShadow/Lexithanius
#27SaduhemPosted 12/4/2012 1:05:59 AM
The lack of balance is... HUGE.

Now that everyone knows how to dodge dan's arrow and that they can choose to dodge in 3 directions his lv1 is useless. Not to mention that platforms will initiate the recovery frame and mess up the whole set up. In FFA any hit from anyone will make you lose your combo. Lv 2 homing is horrible and lv3 is useless.

Sweet tooth's lv1 is comboable but getting multikills requires dedication and a LOT of luck. If you don't use it in time you get your useless lv2. The only choice is to go to lv 3 after that while people predict everything about it.

Jak's lv 1 is incredibly situational and the mass inverter combo is pathetic since it's so slow it won't hit. Lv2 and lv3 are decent but to get the ap... his only viable move for his position (mid range) is forward triangle. Most of his circle moves are useless.

Big Daddy's lv1 is.... not even a super. It's a "cool, look at the little sister!". His lv2 is good but avoidable, and also an inferior version of raiden's. His lv is great though. Superarmor is nice but the huge hitbox makes you look like a volley ball that never gets to touch the ground.

Now.... Look at sly! All you have to do is spam forward triangle and forward circle. neutral circle for giggles. Stay stealth and use the best lv 1 in the game. You don't even need to fill that ap bar beyond 1.

Raiden can combo into his AMAZING lv1, often getting multikills and recharging that ap bar with brain dead combos that take priority above just about anything. They also last forever so you just have to stay there and be denied of the time you need to get your own stuff.

Kratos has way too much knockback, but i don't think his supers are all that op like everyone says. his forward square is too fast and not punishable enough, and the knockback is huge. Besides that, i don't think he's a problem compared to raiden.

Sackboy got nerfed, can't talk about him.

Can't talk about every character but you get the idea of the disparity. Just go check the top players: Raiden, Kratos,Sackboy, Drake and Sly... LOTS of Slys
#28Lucarioaura22Posted 12/4/2012 1:14:41 AM
Captain_Blaq posted...
Parukia256 posted...
Ever considered that you're just bad and can't learn how to cope with it?

My black belt says otherwise along with my top 30 rank. Nice try though.

It seems like you are the one that can't cope with the truth that the game is unquestionably unbalanced. This is common knowledge to everyone.

Yeah, you can leave now little girl.

Black belt that can't get past spammers? Hmmmmm. Yes there are some characters who take less skill to win with and it's only natural that it makes your anus hurt. I main jak and even using jak, I find it very easy to beat spammers even the high lvl/belt spammers.

Here's a tip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xAI8OmH-4w
Works for me when I face spammers.
---
We do what we must.................
#29delon33Posted 12/4/2012 1:48:11 AM
I'll just leave this here.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/36552980.jpg/

I still agree that the game has balancing issues but it isn't too severe.
---
Wife is a funny creature, she leaves her husband without sex for months and kills the one woman who has sex with her husband.
#30ericbogardPosted 12/4/2012 2:22:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]