Hows this compare to brawl? Does the AUS version get a free vita game with it?

#1GwynsSonSolairePosted 12/3/2012 10:26:39 PM
Voice chat in game?

Character variety?
Stage number?
#2XenoFFvsPosted 12/3/2012 10:31:49 PM
Well compared to brawl expect it to be a watered down version of it as far as modes/characters/stages are concerned.

BUT the online is arguably better(I have experienced some lag) and to me the actual gameplay mechanics are almost as fun. The game does feel fresh though but I can safely say Im nowhere near addicted to this game as much as I was brawl but at the same time I feel like Ill still be playing this game for years to come.

Not sure about your region as Im from the states.

Hope Ive helped.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#3GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:52:04 PM
XenoFFvs posted...
Well compared to brawl expect it to be a watered down version of it as far as modes/characters/stages are concerned.

BUT the online is arguably better(I have experienced some lag) and to me the actual gameplay mechanics are almost as fun. The game does feel fresh though but I can safely say Im nowhere near addicted to this game as much as I was brawl but at the same time I feel like Ill still be playing this game for years to come.

Not sure about your region as Im from the states.

Hope Ive helped.

Thanks you have :)
#4Kaydos25Posted 12/3/2012 10:56:18 PM(edited)
Yes the Australian version gets the free vita - if you buy the actual blu-ray there comes an option called "disc benefits" or something and you then use that and it applies the code automatically to your account. Then you can download it or whatever you Vita guys do :P

As for roster, so far there is 20 characters (two Coles), all with pretty unique moves compared to Smash which has more characters but some very similar ones (if I recall). Edit: with two+ new ones coming soon (free for a short while)

I'm from Tas and the lag for me personally is a bit annoying, not sure if thats cause Im limited to ADLS2 or network issues.

Cant comment on voice.

As for stages there is I think 15 (or is it 12) proper stages, but some training ones etc.

Compared to Brawl - it doesnt have a big fleshed out single player story, and doesnt have as many modes
#5TheNardDogPosted 12/3/2012 11:18:46 PM
People who actually play it say it's not like a clone. Nothing more than the 4-player brawler concept is really stuck there. You'd have to try it out and agree. I find it hard to compare to Super Smash Bros. I like it for a lot of different reasons and some of the same. So it's not just a watered down version. Some people here like it better. That doesn't make them fanboys though, you can't stop yourself from liking something. Just try it out. My friend played my copy before he got his.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#6Wario_manPosted 12/3/2012 11:51:36 PM
1. The Australian game does get the Vita game with it
2. Voice chat is available in game
3. Character variety is good and each one feels unique
4.Stage number is very high (I haven't counted them though)
5. It is a different game to Brawl but still good.
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.