How easy is this game compared to other fighting games?

#1MagnetoWnedPosted 12/4/2012 11:23:48 AM
I play UMvC3 mostly, but I'm used to AE also.I'm thinking of renting this so I can play it with my brother..what are some basic combos?
#2mimmatPosted 12/4/2012 11:30:16 AM
Check out the FAQ for some basic ones to get started. Since you are familiar with Marvel and Street Fighter, I feel that I should warn you that those games are really nothing like this one. Sure they all fall under the label of "fighter," but the feel is completely different.

That being said, I play SSFIV:AE, UMvC3, Persona, and GG, and I'm really enjoying this game. Some characters have some pretty technical combos, and a majority of the game focuses around getting the most AP for any random hit, and then how well you can set up your supers to kill, either with combos, tech chasing, etc.

If you have people to play it with - casual or non-casual, I'd say this game is probably worth it. (Plus it seems a pretty good game to bust out and leave on at a party.)
#3wwinterj25Posted 12/4/2012 11:44:38 AM
Easy to play, hard to master comes to mind. While you can play as Kratos and just mash square other characters require a lot more work to be used right. This works because it's all about AP. Kratos can build it quite fast but a good Nariko player can build it twice as much. You just need to know how to play her.

It's a very different game to "fighting" games but it does share some things. I'd rent it and give it a try. You won't be able to play online but it will give you a idea of the game and if you like it.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/4/2012 11:47:12 AM
It's incredibly simple, like UMvC3 ABC launcher OTG kind of stuff
#5CyborgTwentyPosted 12/4/2012 11:50:03 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
It's incredibly simple, like UMvC3 ABC launcher OTG kind of stuff

you say that like it's a bad thing but this is the reason i like umvc3 so much.
#6CajunspiritPosted 12/4/2012 12:06:41 PM
Very easy to get into
---
I like pancakes... a whole lot