Do really think Dart should be in over Cloud just because he's 1st party?

#81dragonkyn20Posted 12/4/2012 7:49:02 PM
Ladies, you're all beautiful.

If we're going to talk about what RPG character is the most deserving of a spot, Cloud is the only logical choice here. Without Final Fantasy VII, JRPGs wouldn't be as popular as they are now. You can argue it all you like, but facts are facts.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#82TheBestGman2007Posted 12/4/2012 7:50:18 PM
dragonkyn20 posted...

If we're going to talk about what RPG character is the most deserving of a spot, Cloud is the only logical choice here. Without Final Fantasy VII, JRPGs wouldn't be as popular as they are now. You can argue it all you like, but facts are facts.

Noboby's arguing that. We're arguing that Dart is the superior character.
---
"If season is two, is better than season one, it'll go down as the greatest show of all time." - Myself.
Official nomad of Gamefaqs...
#83BloodDamagePosted 12/4/2012 7:51:44 PM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
dragonkyn20 posted...

Yes people ARE arguing that. Did you not read through the topic?
#84dragonkyn20Posted 12/4/2012 7:51:56 PM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
dragonkyn20 posted...

Dart is indeed the superior character, but expecting him to be in the game over Cloud is just being ridiculous.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#85JablesXPosted 12/4/2012 7:52:49 PM
No. Deserving is not a debatable aspect. Enjoyable? Likable? Cool? Yeah you can debate those, but not deserving. Cloud is more deserving and that is a fact.

It's really not though. Deserving is subjective, and in my opinion, Zack and Dart are more deserving than Cloud, simple as that.

LoD and Crisis Core aren't nearly as famous as FF7.

How complicated is this?

Did I claim that either of them were? No? Okay then.
---
PSN/Steam: CrowDieSlow
Official Starmie of the B/W Clan
#86T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/4/2012 7:56:09 PM
JablesX posted...
No. Deserving is not a debatable aspect. Enjoyable? Likable? Cool? Yeah you can debate those, but not deserving. Cloud is more deserving and that is a fact.

It's really not though. Deserving is subjective, and in my opinion, Zack and Dart are more deserving than Cloud, simple as that.

No, deserving is not subjective. Deserving is based on popularity, sales, etc.., your opinion on the character has no bearing on his deservingness (is that a word?). I dislike Crash but that still doesn't change the fact that he is deserving. Same goes for Cloud. You can dislike him, or like other characters better, but he still is most deserving.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#87JablesXPosted 12/4/2012 8:01:17 PM
And how does something gain popularity? By people having a favorable opinion of it. Popular opinion doesn't dictate how deserving something is on an individual to individual basis. I don't dislike Cloud or Crash, but I feel like there are characters who deserve to be in this game far more than both of them.
---
PSN/Steam: CrowDieSlow
Official Starmie of the B/W Clan
#88ArmedDragoonPosted 12/4/2012 8:05:34 PM
PsychoPiano999 posted...
Mightymega posted...
Alky88 posted...
Can we settle for Rose instead? I love Dart but she's the better character.

Exactly what I suggested in another topic, its also not like people don't want rose they are just afraid to ask for her because they think she isn't possible cause darts the star.

People only suggest her for the sake of more females. If she was a dude, nobody would bother.

Being female should never become a serious argument for the inclusion of characters, especially over the freaking protagonist.

You'd have to have played the game and read her lines to understand why she's the best LoD character.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#89NightsOwlPosted 12/4/2012 8:06:00 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Cloud>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Dart
BUT if we can't get Cloud, Dart is an acceptable replacement.

Dart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cloud.

BUT if we can't get Dart, Cloud is an acceptable replacement.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#90SSBR10Posted 12/5/2012 10:17:08 AM
JablesX posted...
And how does something gain popularity? By people having a favorable opinion of it. Popular opinion doesn't dictate how deserving something is on an individual to individual basis. I don't dislike Cloud or Crash, but I feel like there are characters who deserve to be in this game far more than both of them.

How can you feel that Dart and Zack are more deserving when neither of their games are as famous as FFVII (which is something even you never denied)?
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.