This new guy isn't Dante. [SPOILERS]

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. This new guy isn't Dante. [SPOILERS]
3 years ago#21
It still doesn't mean he can't have the name "Dante," but I do want to point out how awesome you are for this comparison, TC. The REAL Dante, not DmC's, Classic Devil May Cry's, or Dante's Inferno the Video Game's Dantes can compare. Although maybe the Dante from Clerks can...
---
Official King of All Cosmos of the Playstation All-Stars board
3 years ago#22
TC confirmed for awesome
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <=== QFT
Rinoa Heartilly = My most hated RPG character
3 years ago#23
I have always, and will always believe that the Inferno translated into a proper (classic) survival horror format would make for an absolutely fantastic game. It may not have the action to draw the modern players, but the atmosphere if handled by the right developers would be incredible I'm sure.
3 years ago#24
yoda_smokes posted...
Dante Alighieri wasn't a part of any group and he did not travel around the after life.
He was a poet who had a dream about his mentor Vergil and what happened to him after his death.
He then converted this dream into a poem describing how he imagines the after life to be.
He was exiled due to his vision of hell being different to what the catholic church believed hell to be so he kept writing purgatory and heaven in exile.
He isn't some sort of super human, just a man with an imagination and skill at writing

Forgot to mention his obsession with Beatrice (I think that was her name, has been awhile since I've read up on this stuff) and how he wanted to have an affair with her, thus making the level of hell much lower in terms of punishment (I think it was the 2nd circle?).
3 years ago#25
PielordX posted...
I can't believe I knew what you were talking about...

Haha thats pretty much what I was thinking.
3 years ago#26
PielordX posted...
I can't believe I knew what you were talking about...

Why? Dante's Inferno is pretty well known. Anyone with a bit of culture in them would recognize it.
3 years ago#27
furygods posted...
I'm surprised that there are quite a few gamefaqs posters not familiar with poetry... And the great Dante...

What a shame.

This. Seriously, nobody's versed in this?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
3 years ago#28
Crabhammar posted...
furygods posted...
I'm surprised that there are quite a few gamefaqs posters not familiar with poetry... And the great Dante...

What a shame.

I think most people aren't required to read The Divine Comedy in school, and most people probably aren't interested in 700 year old epic poems. Which is a shame because The Divine Comedy is great, but most people are not that well versed in literature
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
If it is past 10, expect a steep drop in my grammar skills
3 years ago#29
Joey2cool posted...
cool bro story

---
DMC Dante is pretty freaking awsome!
3 years ago#30
Robot_Satan posted...
Crabhammar posted...
furygods posted...

What a shame.

I think most people aren't required to read The Divine Comedy in school, and most people probably aren't interested in 700 year old epic poems. Which is a shame because The Divine Comedy is great, but most people are not that well versed in literature

Beowulf, anyone?
---
PSN: Erimas
XBL: Zeranamu
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. This new guy isn't Dante. [SPOILERS]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived