C/D: Cole's better 1v1, Evil Cole's better FFA

#1JohnbobbPosted 12/4/2012 10:12:10 PM
C

I used to always use Evil Cole. He's great at handling crowds and generally being very destructive. However, I always really struggled with Good Cole, and could never effectively use him in FFA.

However, then I tried Cole in 1v1, and dominated. Most of his attacks are very precise, which works poorly in FFA but great for the tactical 1v1 player.
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#2Majora999Posted 12/4/2012 10:12:29 PM
D. Switch 'em around.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 12/4/2012 10:16:16 PM(edited)
you can use either in any situation but i tend to agree that evil cole is better suited free for all and good cole is better suited 1v1. evil cole has good knockback and his lvl2 aoe super is more effective than good cole's which needs lined up targets. good cole's freeze is consistently broken in FFAs. i also find that a distracted player is easier to punch with evil cole's neutral circle, while much harder if theyre doing 1v1 youll never hit it because its anticipated.

faster attacks and combos are very important in 1v1 and thats what good cole is better at, as his attacks are all faster and he has better combo potential. knockback is counter productive in hitting lvl1s which are most important in 1v1 and evil cole has too much knockback to his moves to land it as easily.
#4KindertotenwaldPosted 12/4/2012 10:17:19 PM
Well Considering EC won the ASA 1v1 tourny and I know he played a GC to get there :S
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 12/4/2012 10:18:21 PM
both of them can dominate in both matchups but i think they each have an edge, if its 1v1 good cole vs evil cole id put my money on the good cole. if its free for all, and both are in the match, most of the time evil cole will have more kills racked up.
#6SiblingzPosted 12/4/2012 10:30:00 PM
Evil Cole is better at both.
---
If you wanna see how smart you are Click here
#7LaKizzle23Posted 12/4/2012 10:34:12 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
both of them can dominate in both matchups but i think they each have an edge, if its 1v1 good cole vs evil cole id put my money on the good cole. if its free for all, and both are in the match, most of the time evil cole will have more kills racked up.

1 v 1 evil cole will win since he has an easier setup into his lvl 1.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#8mimmatPosted 12/4/2012 10:35:54 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

His set up only works if his opponent is on the ground. Good cole has an incredibly easy set up into his level one from his air lightning tether, and GCole pretty much always wants to be fishing for tether hits. Please try again with a stronger argument.
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 12/4/2012 10:40:54 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

easier than square-square-square?
#10KindertotenwaldPosted 12/4/2012 10:44:03 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

easier than square-square-square?

Yes.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance