C/D: Cole's better 1v1, Evil Cole's better FFA

#11ziur_orihPosted 12/4/2012 11:57:16 PM
Johnbobb posted...
C

I used to always use Evil Cole. He's great at handling crowds and generally being very destructive. However, I always really struggled with Good Cole, and could never effectively use him in FFA.

However, then I tried Cole in 1v1, and dominated. Most of his attacks are very precise, which works poorly in FFA but great for the tactical 1v1 player.

C. You stated good points.
---
You are not worthy of its POWER
#12LaKizzle23Posted 12/5/2012 12:06:36 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
both of them can dominate in both matchups but i think they each have an edge, if its 1v1 good cole vs evil cole id put my money on the good cole. if its free for all, and both are in the match, most of the time evil cole will have more kills racked up.

1 v 1 evil cole will win since he has an easier setup into his lvl 1.

easier than square-square-square?

Way easier. Its just circle.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#13ZeroBeats GhostPosted 12/5/2012 12:16:03 AM
LaKizzle23 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
both of them can dominate in both matchups but i think they each have an edge, if its 1v1 good cole vs evil cole id put my money on the good cole. if its free for all, and both are in the match, most of the time evil cole will have more kills racked up.

Way easier. Its just circle.

Good Cole's square combo isn't even a reliable method of comboing into his level one, since it will end randomly (either with the crumple or with a blow that sends people flying away).
---
ZeroBeat
Do androids dream of electric boogaloo?
#14mimmatPosted 12/5/2012 12:23:15 AM
I personally think they cover different bases in 1v1. Anytime GCole lands a tether on someone anywhere from near ground to single jump height, it's an assured super. Anytime ECole lands an upthrow or a charged circle, it's an assured super.

GCole has his shield for spammers, ECole's punch comes out fast enough to punish nearly every groundstring if you block. ECole feels stronger against people who stay grounded, GCole seems stronger against those who love to be airborne.

my2cents.
#15lol_whatPosted 12/5/2012 12:27:52 AM
Anytime ECole lands an upthrow or a charged circle, it's an assured super.

how does he get if off the upthrow?
#16mimmatPosted 12/5/2012 12:29:35 AM
lol_what posted...

how does he get if off the upthrow?

Upthrow, walk forward just slightly, super. Done. It may not work on smaller hitbox chars like Toro, Sackboy, or Parappa, but I'm pretty sure everyone else it can hit. Just go into practice and try it out to figure out the timing. Doesn't work if you're next to a ledge of course, since you can't walk forward.
#17lol_whatPosted 12/5/2012 12:32:57 AM
couldn't regular cole do that too, then?
#18mimmatPosted 12/5/2012 12:34:40 AM
lol_what posted...
couldn't regular cole do that too, then?

Nope, Gcole, for whatever reason, either has less untechable time or throws them a bit higher. Regardless of which reason, it doesn't work sadly.
#19EurashalPosted 12/5/2012 6:08:00 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

His S string has a random end, so it's unreliable. However GC's fC is a hit confirm to level 1. Not as good as EC's charged C but it's still effective.
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72