was big daddy included just as "Extra Padding" For The roster?

#11xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 12/5/2012 6:15:00 PM
It's not atypical to think this. I get that vibe a lot as well, although more so with Evil Cole.
#12Chzrm3Posted 12/5/2012 6:20:11 PM
legendofskyland posted...
Didn't someone on the Bioshock team come to Superbot and say they'd like to see Big Daddy in the game?

I think they went to Sony, actually.

During a panel at SDCC, one of the people asked about certain characters and Chan Park/Omar gave a really detailed answer about how little control they really had. One of the things that came out was that there were certain characters Sony actually told them to put in.

I've always felt that BD was one of these characters, who was put into the game as a way to maintain the good relationship going between Irrational games and Sony right now.

Ultimately I don't mind, he's pretty fun and I love Bioshock, but it's pretty illuminating all the same.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#13Majora999Posted 12/5/2012 6:25:44 PM(edited)
If anyone in this game is underplayed 'extra padding', it's Parappa. I have seen exactly ONE Parappa online.

EDIT: @Chzrm3: I always figured it was Big Daddy, too. Him and Toro.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#14Chzrm3Posted 12/5/2012 6:34:19 PM
Yeah, Toro definitely fits that bill as well, good point.

I'm pretty happy about that, Toro is my brother's favorite character now and I really think he adds a lot to the roster as far as charm, a great playstyle, and a uniquely "Japanese" character.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#15Majora999Posted 12/5/2012 6:38:39 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Yeah, Toro definitely fits that bill as well, good point.

I'm pretty happy about that, Toro is my brother's favorite character now and I really think he adds a lot to the roster as far as charm, a great playstyle, and a uniquely "Japanese" character.

Agreed.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#16phil_hendriePosted 12/5/2012 7:33:21 PM
Cajunspirit posted...
He is more challenging to use, hence less people will have interest initially.

Thats why I main him personally, aside from loving Big Daddys in general(yes bioshock BD's)
---
PSN: Bartuby_Jones
XBL: BartubyJones
#17ChiefColePosted 12/5/2012 7:40:15 PM
He's good in ffa. He sucks 1v1
---
PSN: JMONEY4ever