Why is there less STUFF than Melee/Brawl?

#41MightymegaPosted 12/5/2012 3:00:41 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
ThaCMaster posted...
Smash sells well because it is catered to Nintendo fans than hardcore fighting fans. Casual audience is larger than a hardcore fighting game audience. More sales doesn't equal more quality either.

So how come MvC3 sold less than 2 million, while Brawl gets 11 million? Are you telling me there just aren't that many Marvel fans in the world? XD

MVC3 vanilla actually sold 2million in the first month and 2.1million life time actually.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#42ShindoKokoroPosted 12/5/2012 3:01:21 PM
Because every Melee/Brawl match came down to Final Destination/No Items with everyone only using top-tier characters. Superbot learned that lesson well: Gamers don't like variety.
---
And thus, did SquareEnix churn out Crisis Core, further propagating the downfall of the industry. -- Gamer's Bible, Book of the 2nd Crash, Chapter 2, Verse 3
#43peephole303Posted 12/5/2012 3:02:05 PM
^^^ right thats why the Wii scored so high isnt it. thats a pathetic system
#44LuminescentRulePosted 12/5/2012 3:02:42 PM
Because, apparently, fanboys like to have barebones games.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#45MightymegaPosted 12/5/2012 3:06:15 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
Because, apparently, fanboys like to have barebones games.

Fanboys also like to have useless fluff they'll only play like once in games as well. See we can all do this.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#46OldNewsKurtPosted 12/5/2012 3:08:25 PM
sequels will be massive.
#47zeranamuPosted 12/5/2012 3:13:12 PM
lol_what posted...
In PSABR, we have 20 characters that play nothing alike.

two coles

Umm.. have you played them? They are different.
---
PSN: Erimas
XBL: Zeranamu
#48rumbalumbaPosted 12/5/2012 3:14:37 PM
ThaCMaster posted...
rumbalumba posted...
^lol grasping at straws. if there's any company who doesn't need to play reviewers, it's Nintendo.

You're the only person who is grasping at straws. Most companies want good reviews for their games so they sell. You're trying to use a reviewer score as a sign of game quality at a competitive level when your example doesn't work. I hope nobody is stupid enough to buy a game just based off a review of a certain company. Those reviewers are often wrong on many things.

Melee is considered a deeper game than Brawl despite Brawl selling better, so what does that mean?

pwahahahahahah. again, grasping at straws. Nintendo games score high because they're of good quality. deal with it. my example doesn't work? it's the meta score. that's 100+ reviewers that Nintendo "paid off", then? LOL.

Brawl selling better means there are twice as many Wiis as there were Gamecubes. Melee is deeper, doesn't mean Brawl is a crap game. it just means Melee is THAT good, being better than an awesome game which is Brawl.

you're going off in tangents here. the TC is specifically asking why there's less stuff in All-Stars than there is in Brawl. which means CONTENT.
#49Ven100Posted 12/5/2012 3:15:47 PM
@ TC, don't try to say the Coles are clones because they are not. If anything, you need to look no further than Link and Toon Link to see actual CLONES...
#50ThaCMasterPosted 12/5/2012 3:25:14 PM(edited)
rumbalumba posted...
ThaCMaster posted...
rumbalumba posted...
^lol grasping at straws. if there's any company who doesn't need to play reviewers, it's Nintendo.

You're the only person who is grasping at straws. Most companies want good reviews for their games so they sell. You're trying to use a reviewer score as a sign of game quality at a competitive level when your example doesn't work. I hope nobody is stupid enough to buy a game just based off a review of a certain company. Those reviewers are often wrong on many things.

Melee is considered a deeper game than Brawl despite Brawl selling better, so what does that mean?

pwahahahahahah. again, grasping at straws. Nintendo games score high because they're of good quality. deal with it. my example doesn't work? it's the meta score. that's 100+ reviewers that Nintendo "paid off", then? LOL.

Brawl selling better means there are twice as many Wiis as there were Gamecubes. Melee is deeper, doesn't mean Brawl is a crap game. it just means Melee is THAT good, being better than an awesome game which is Brawl.

you're going off in tangents here. the TC is specifically asking why there's less stuff in All-Stars than there is in Brawl. which means CONTENT.

Oh great another fanboy. Some Nintendo games are good, some are not. So what? This is nothing to do with Nintendo. You're making it about Nintendo because you're a fanboy, which is why you think that everything released by Nintendo is good, which definitely isn't true, hell their consoles aren't the best either. Game companies want to sell games. Reviewers need access to material to stay in business, aside from their own personal bias. Reviews from games are inherently biased anyways, and many are flawed and have nothing to do with gaming at a higher level to begin with. Who said Nintendo "paid all of them off". Companies like reviews to be good and they make sure their games sell. Is this news to you?

There were many more people buying Brawl because at that point the games had reached a more casual audience and had more buyers. You're talking about a large gap of time.

My comment was NEVER about Brawl being a bad game, it was based on the fact that sales and reviews do not equal a good game, especially competitively. You got offended and jumped on my post with your strawmans. There are MANY games that are good and don't sell or review well and many games that sell plenty and aren't GREAT (like the greatest COD clone). Doesn't mean anything. Your argument that high review scores and sales meaning a better game is just a flawed, flawed premise. I'd say games have declined in quality overall throughout time. Btw your review site gave Brawl a higher score than Melee.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com