Why is there less STUFF than Melee/Brawl?

#71paperwariorPosted 12/5/2012 5:20:42 PM
Pretty much purely that it isn't a sequel. Guilty Gear had 25 characters on PS2, why did Blazblue 1 only have like twelve? Because they can't go and use a bunch of Guilty Gear characters for Blazblue. (Although a crossover would be nice.)
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#72MMG_Posted 12/5/2012 5:35:42 PM
DirtyToenails posted...
Because in Melee, there were two Cpt Falcons, three Marios, two Foxes, two Links...

In PSABR, we have 20 characters that play nothing alike.

Kinda this.

In Brawl we have 5 characters from Mario, 3 from StarFox, 4 from Zelda.... well you get my point.

In PASBR we have only one character per title with Cole as the only exception...
---
Y'know what? Katarina is my waifu <3
#73ThaCMasterPosted 12/5/2012 5:40:51 PM
paperwarior posted...
Pretty much purely that it isn't a sequel. Guilty Gear had 25 characters on PS2, why did Blazblue 1 only have like twelve? Because they can't go and use a bunch of Guilty Gear characters for Blazblue. (Although a crossover would be nice.)

The first MK and SF didn't have that many characters either. They all started small.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#74paperwariorPosted 12/5/2012 5:57:22 PM
Now, I don't own the game, but it seems like it's lacking in single-player content based on reviews. That's a shame considering the robust single-player experiences seen in SSB and some traditional fighters. But 20 characters, with more to come via DLC, is pretty good for a first entry, realistically speaking.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#75Garfield64Posted 12/5/2012 5:59:55 PM
DirtyToenails posted...
Because in Melee, there were two Cpt Falcons, three Marios, two Foxes, two Links...

In PSABR, we have 18 characters that play nothing a like.

Fixed. Toro ALONE is more different then the Two Coles combined. So you can't fool me by saying they are completely different.

The Cole should of had something that switched him from Evil to Good or Good to Evil based on how you play and he would of been SOOOOOOOO much more Epic.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#76flame030191Posted 12/5/2012 6:04:07 PM
Garfield64 posted...
DirtyToenails posted...

Fixed. Toro ALONE is more different then the Two Coles combined. So you can't fool me by saying they are completely different.

The Cole should of had something that switched him from Evil to Good or Good to Evil based on how you play and he would of been SOOOOOOOO much more Epic.

That instead would be 19. Why eliminate both when they play somewhat similar as one?

Even then, its somewhat similar. Attack combos and move sets are different between the two.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#77Chzrm3Posted 12/5/2012 6:12:26 PM
EC and GC are pretty different. They're more comparable to Ness and Lucas - some similar moves, some wildly different moves, and ultimately two very different playstyles because of the nature of fighting games.

Even Fox and Falco in Melee play completely differently, and that's the same exact character with slight varieties on his attack properties.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#78G-ScythePosted 12/5/2012 6:17:52 PM
Garfield64 posted...
DirtyToenails posted...

A) They were originally one character that had a gimmick where you would become wither good or evil cole based on how you are playing. they couldn't get the system to work so they just split them instead of deleting one character that they put money and resources into

B) Having both in one would make him broken since he would have 5 supers. And don't say that they should just rid of 2 because this is after the supers were already done. it would be a waste of development time to get rid of content already in the game
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#79TheMightyOakPosted 12/5/2012 6:20:50 PM
To add to my budget thing earlier. You can tell the guys who made it wanted it to be good. Look at the backgrounds on those levels and just how awesome the levels are. The characters are also very different and very awesome. The issue is you can tell they were resource stricken from things like the menus, and potentially the character and stage list. I feel like it's a pretty decent selection of characters and stages, particularly in the era of patch/DLC, but if you look at brawl I think it's obvious Sony was afraid to go all in on this. A Brawl level of investment would have meant a robust single player and a beefier multiplayer option, more optimized menus, and a lot of addons. You could have added tons of unlockable music and costumes. 2 default costumes per character with 2-3 pallet swaps per character seems rushed to me.

I'm hoping it sold over Sony's expectations so they go "oh wow we shoulda really went al in on this and we coulda made bank, lets do it right next time." They said sales were where they expected and the sales aren't amazing which, while they obviously could just be lying, could also mean the game was just lower budget so homerun sales weren't necessary to make a decent profit.
#80BlackFeathersPosted 12/5/2012 6:24:29 PM
Staticnova posted...
Guys, this was answered on the first damn page; this is a new, untested IP that would have been given less of a budget. That is why content might be lacking compared to Brawl and Melee; there's no arguing that.

Everyone talking about review scores (lol) and things need to stop it.

So all new IPs can suck just because they are new IPs? So every new crappy IP that comes out, you should come to the rescue and explain its a new IP, so it's allowed to suck...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/