AU PSN - Top sellers of the week. 85 games - PSASBR nowhere to be found.

#31StaticnovaPosted 12/5/2012 5:36:16 PM
WeeScotty posted...
Yes, gamers should be able to not worry about what other people think and instead decide purely whether they like the game or not and why. As it turns out, most gamers decided they don't like the game.

Even if that were true (love the sheer lack elaboration there, by the way), my original point that too many gamers care about how well a game is doing remains uncontested.

Just play a game and decide whether you like it or not, as I've done for a long time now. If you're coming to boards and incessantly posting sales data and crying about review scores, I think less of you. Put it that way.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#32LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:37:03 PM
I had hoped that this news would not upset any posters on this board - I should have known that a fair few people would be upset. No idea why.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#33NarrasandPosted 12/5/2012 5:41:46 PM
Guys just deal with it.... People have different opinions than yours and that doesn't mean they are a troll... But regarding the thread of course PSASBR is gonna do crappy its a new IP
#34dude_meister512Posted 12/5/2012 5:47:07 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
I had hoped that this news would not upset any posters on this board - I should have known that a fair few people would be upset. No idea why.

Yet there's miserable gits like you who are put down by good news.
#35xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 12/5/2012 5:53:06 PM(edited)
You know... Regardless of whether or not Lumi is telling the truth... I get the vibe that ya'll are in straight-up denial at face value right now.

I'm not advocating his behavior, but I'm not advocating yours' either. If you're going to slam him on his facts, do your research and post it first before you start slinging mud.

Sales play a HUGE factor in the development and lifespan of a game. Game companies make games because of the money. Yes, they'll make games because of passion, but non-profitable passionate work is an oxymoron.If PSASBR doesn't have good sales numbers by the end of this quarter, you can expect SuperBot to be more tentative when releasing DLC.

So instead of flaming this guy, do something productive like promoting the game and telling your friends. Support SuperBot by advertising FOR them instead of hounding out any person who is laying out the facts for you (albeit, they have to be legitimate and credible, of course).

I only come on these boards because it is a quick and accessible way to get news about this game. I'll occasionally enter a thread that looks interesting, but most of the time I see just sheer ignorance, and feel the need to jump in because I feel falsely obligated to. Probably a fault of my own...
#36RoboDaleGribblePosted 12/5/2012 5:52:23 PM
Did Lumi delete his ratings of SMG/360 after someone pointed out his obvious Sony fanboyism?
#37LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:53:33 PM
Guys just deal with it.... People have different opinions than yours and that doesn't mean they are a troll... But regarding the thread of course PSASBR is gonna do crappy its a new IP

Off-topic but are you saying that being a new IP automatically makes something sell poorly? Just a quick example - Dark Souls.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#38xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 12/5/2012 5:57:26 PM(edited)

Off-topic but are you saying that being a new IP automatically makes something sell poorly? Just a quick example - Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is not a new IP. It is part of the IP that was built by Demon's Souls.

Even though they are not directly connected plot-wise, the premise, gameplay structure, and association between these two games constitute a franchise. Just look at Final Fantasy if you want a shining example.

No spite intended, just an observation.
#39Dark_ZenoPosted 12/5/2012 7:10:25 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Okami at 3, awesome! : D
#40Dark_ZenoPosted 12/5/2012 7:21:21 PM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...

Dark Souls is not a new IP. It is part of the IP that was built by Demon's Souls.

Even though they are not directly connected plot-wise, the premise, gameplay structure, and association between these two games constitute a franchise. Just look at Final Fantasy if you want a shining example.

No spite intended, just an observation.

Dishonored is a good game that sold very well and is a new IP.
Not a big fan of Lumi, but being a new IP does not mean bad sales.