AU PSN - Top sellers of the week. 85 games - PSASBR nowhere to be found.

#61flame030191Posted 12/5/2012 11:40:57 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
600k was for all 3 platforms, not just one. Separate system numbers were never told.

And again, All Stars mains a single platform. It runs on PS3 and provides Vita's free, so essentially, its like going from GCN to wii mote for Smash, it coats nothing extra and doesn't change anything.

Also, Superbot never made a game together before. Sure, separately they've developed games before, but never as a group, and most consumers would see Superbot, not recognize it, and move on to find someone they do recognize. Consumers recognize brands, not names.

360 did 700k in its first week...

SuperBot didn't but Sony Santa Monica have. And I don't really see why the studio would have much impact on sales.

I'd love to see your sales information for MoH, because I remember IGN reporting a week in about 600k copies sold overall, talking about EA's reaction (yes, to 2010's, not Warfighter).

And Superbot is the dev, and listed as dev. Gamers care about who makes the game, as if they're new or didn't make anything substantial, they won't have trust in it and move on.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#62LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:44:35 PM
Yeah, completely ignore the fact that Assassin's Creed 1 outsold Hitman in the US. LittleBigPlanet Karting. Portal 2. GTA IV. Yet, Hitman is supposedly this huge game, everywhere else. Do the people playing Assassin's Creed and GTA just play Hitman on their 360s or something? What is this magic? How much voodoo was placed on the PSN number crunchers? Astounding!

I don't get the point of this post.

I'd love to see your sales information for MoH, because I remember IGN reporting a week in about 600k copies sold overall, talking about EA's reaction (yes, to 2010's, not Warfighter).

And Superbot is the dev, and listed as dev. Gamers care about who makes the game, as if they're new or didn't make anything substantial, they won't have trust in it and move on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/02/medal-of-honor-sells-two-million-in-first-two-weeks/

Most people don't look at who the devs.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#63IHeartJessAlbaPosted 12/6/2012 12:05:09 AM
Yeah, completely ignore the fact that Assassin's Creed 1 outsold Hitman in the US. LittleBigPlanet Karting. Portal 2. GTA IV. Yet, Hitman is supposedly this huge game, everywhere else. Do the people playing Assassin's Creed and GTA just play Hitman on their 360s or something? What is this magic? How much voodoo was placed on the PSN number crunchers? Astounding!

Because that was your #1 game, and it's not even in our top 10. It also released prior to PSASBR, and was a talking point for a few of the links you've provided, talking about how well it sold. Yet on PSN, it doesn't even place in the US. According to your logic, that means the game is a total flop. And since PSASBR sold better than it, and 8 other games in the top 10, clearly, this game didn't flop in the US. Hitman, by all accounts, did. Yet, it's ok for you to compare games like Twisted Metal and Medal of Honor to PSASBR, but if I compare Hitman, oooooooh, you get all sorts of confused.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#64flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 12:12:07 AM

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/02/medal-of-honor-sells-two-million-in-first-two-weeks/

Most people don't look at who the devs.

I don't know much about Joystiq other than bad reviews, but IGN had talked about the first week's 600k sales across all 3 platforms.

And again, yes, they do. Medal of Honor sold well because its an established franchise by trusted devs in a popular genre.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#65JollyBudaPosted 12/6/2012 1:16:26 AM
Luminescent didn't you say yourself that you got the game at retail for half the price it normally was? Are you saying that Australian consumers would have rushed to the PSN to buy the game when they can save money by buying retail? Nice try though
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
UMvC3: Hulk / Vergil / Spencer, SSFIV:AE: Dudley
#66Sez6Posted 12/6/2012 6:42:34 AM
I was expecting digital sales to be as proportionately as low as retail but not by this much.

2nd most downloaded title on the PSN in november is low for you?