Omar: Kratos AP gain is being looked at...talks sackboy nerfs

#31Retroxgamer0Posted 12/6/2012 4:23:01 AM
apparently not, you have the special edition copy where kratos sucks i dont have that one.
#32flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 4:28:51 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
apparently not, you have the special edition copy where kratos sucks i dont have that one.

Or maybe you haven't had enough practice against him.

Yes, once upon a time I was under the same impression he was unstoppable. But after enough time and practice studying him, I see his flaws. He's a slow mover, so flanking him isn't too hard. His supers come in 3 varieties: lvl 1 just get a decent distance away or get higher or lower. Lvl 2 get a little away from him (even a decent distance up works). Lvl 3 use the stage to maneuver around him. Then his attacks are pretty much obvious. If he's a small distance away, he will likely square attack, just dodge away or jump. If he's a little further, he's probably going to forward square attack, but blocking or dodging counters that. If he's under you, he will likely use up square or jump square spam. Dodge and you're fine. Most Kratos players use these tactics.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#33webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 4:33:47 AM
flame030191 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Yes, once upon a time I was under the same impression he was unstoppable. But after enough time and practice studying him, I see his flaws. He's a slow mover, so flanking him isn't too hard. His supers come in 3 varieties: lvl 1 just get a decent distance away or get higher or lower. Lvl 2 get a little away from him (even a decent distance up works). Lvl 3 use the stage to maneuver around him. Then his attacks are pretty much obvious. If he's a small distance away, he will likely square attack, just dodge away or jump. If he's a little further, he's probably going to forward square attack, but blocking or dodging counters that. If he's under you, he will likely use up square or jump square spam. Dodge and you're fine. Most Kratos players use these tactics.

Flame that's all very good advice. But most sane people agree that his supers are if anything undertuned (in isolation) and are not a problem. It is actually very difficult to flank *A GOOD* Kratos in my experience, because he has good range on his melee attacks, and can change direction mid combo, which makes him difficult to punish and approach with most characters.

Please note that anyone decent can beat a bad Kratos. This is not the issue, and I fear that you often confuse player skill with character potential.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#34flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 4:39:14 AM
webbc99 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Flame that's all very good advice. But most sane people agree that his supers are if anything undertuned (in isolation) and are not a problem. It is actually very difficult to flank *A GOOD* Kratos in my experience, because he has good range on his melee attacks, and can change direction mid combo, which makes him difficult to punish and approach with most characters.

Please note that anyone decent can beat a bad Kratos. This is not the issue, and I fear that you often confuse player skill with character potential.

Most characters have a way to stun an enemy as they pass over or under them, usually something like down Square. That can put you behind Kratos and leave you open to attack, especially since most players assume they get up facing the opposite direction for some strange reason or try attacking before it registers the direction. Not to mention, again, you can easily dodge Kratos's attacks, L1 is your best friend against Kratos and Raiden both. Even a skilled Kratos/Raiden will have trouble against someone who can constantly block or dodge their attacks, then they will make mistakes through frustration.

Yes, there are some who use Kratos who can probably challenge the advice I posted, but I've yet to face one, and I've faced quite a few Kratos players. They're all too predictable, thus they usually lose.
---
#35TheExiled280Posted 12/6/2012 5:05:39 AM
I think they should nerf the speed on his square attacks slightly.
---
God Eater 2 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/KKm_TC53Cvs
#36CrabhammarPosted 12/6/2012 5:33:44 AM
abnergoinbig posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Thank god.. Kratos is basically a guaranteed level 3 because everyone is a moron that doesnt grab.

I felt bad for this one sackboy. He almost had his level 3 and i kept grabbing him with raiden and he never got to do it lol.

Don't ever feel bad about that. You did a good thing.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#37Insider15Posted 12/6/2012 5:37:07 AM
Staticnova posted...
Take the auto-aim off of his Forward Square.

This
#38flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 5:40:53 AM
Insider15 posted...
Staticnova posted...
Take the auto-aim off of his Forward Square.

This

I don't think taking it off would work, as then it would just go straight, making it kinda useless. I wouldn't object to slowing it down to be easier to dodge or when narrowing the area it can lock onto, but taking it off would destroy its usefulness.
---
#39Retroxgamer0Posted 12/6/2012 5:43:54 AM
just going straight doesnt make it useless, thats what ninja toro already has.
#40flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 5:46:24 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
just going straight doesnt make it useless, thats what ninja toro already has.

It has the same range as regular square does, less AP gain than it, fewer combos, and puts you into danger. Coward Square is only useful to get an even playing field against an opponent who is constantly jumping, and not being able to lock on (though he does auto lock in the God of War Games) would make it truly useless.
---