Omar: Kratos AP gain is being looked at...talks sackboy nerfs

#41lightdragoon88Posted 12/6/2012 5:49:51 AM
flame030191 posted...

I don't think taking it off would work, as then it would just go straight, making it kinda useless. I wouldn't object to slowing it down to be easier to dodge or when narrowing the area it can lock onto, but taking it off would destroy its usefulness.

Toro, Nariko, and Parappa have a non-aiming grab.

Why should Kratos get auto-aim and they don't?
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#42flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 5:57:43 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
flame030191 posted...

I don't think taking it off would work, as then it would just go straight, making it kinda useless. I wouldn't object to slowing it down to be easier to dodge or when narrowing the area it can lock onto, but taking it off would destroy its usefulness.

Because they don't have a good ranged attack other than that like Kratos. Like I've stated, for Kratos, regular square has the same range, sets up more combos, gives more AP, keeps you out of harm's way, and is overall easier to use than straight forward square. Not to mention, again, his original game had it auto lock on. Just narrow his area to lock on, and everyone wins.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#43webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 6:21:45 AM
flame030191 posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Because they don't have a good ranged attack other than that like Kratos. Like I've stated, for Kratos, regular square has the same range, sets up more combos, gives more AP, keeps you out of harm's way, and is overall easier to use than straight forward square. Not to mention, again, his original game had it auto lock on. Just narrow his area to lock on, and everyone wins.

Uh, Toro has good spammable ranged attacks, which are great for mind games because you can cancel his side-circle into any triangle attack from that form (neutral triangle is amazing if they're advancing towards him, then lock them in an up triangle trap).

Also his weird egg things in Oni form are useful. One of his (very few) combos into his level one is from an aerial egg attack.

And Kratos has the bow which is pretty decent considering he's a melee character. And the medusa head thing is actually a nice combo starter and good crowd control. Unblockable too.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#44Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/6/2012 6:30:16 AM
The things that Oni-form Toro uses - although they look like eggs, they're actually Mochi balls. Some sort of Japanese food I guess. It's why one of Toro's intro/outros/themes is called "There will be Mochi".
#45webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 6:31:37 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
The things that Oni-form Toro uses - although they look like eggs, they're actually Mochi balls. Some sort of Japanese food I guess. It's why one of Toro's intro/outros/themes is called "There will be Mochi".

Awesome. Thanks ;D
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#46lightdragoon88Posted 12/6/2012 6:59:22 AM
And it not Medusa head, but Apollo head from GoW3 that Kratos uses.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#47KtimleckPosted 12/6/2012 7:04:35 AM
It's the head of Helios, actually. God of the Sun.

Well, more like personification, but you get the point.
---
PSN ID: Dorito_2
#48vinz2Posted 12/6/2012 7:21:11 AM
why dont ppl complain about dante?
---
Trainspotting
#49TheExiled280Posted 12/6/2012 7:21:57 AM
why dont ppl complain about dante?

because he is far from OP
---
Soul Sacrifice TGS 2012 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/hIoGoG-7L-c