Omar: Kratos AP gain is being looked at...talks sackboy nerfs

#51NewVirtuePosted 12/6/2012 10:16:00 AM
why are they only messing with ap, its that one move that ppl hate. do they really have no intention of making ACTUAL changes? hes only one character with a side square that hits vertically and its not even needed. theres no excuse for his side square. none. it should only hit horizontally.

the excuse that it would nerf him because he needs it to fight enemies at that angle is an obvious bust, off the top of my head hes got like 3 other moves that hit the same angle. lets not for get it still works in the air, so if kratos really wants to use that skill on someone 2 character lengths above, he should have to jump up to them first like all the other characters have to.

the excuse that it would make the move useless is incorrect also, even if his square combo is better in many situations, his forward square still has that ridiculous priority that pretty much cancels other attacks instead of trading blows. and it can still be used to quickly stop an opponent from comboing your partner.

the excuse that hes not OP enough to warent a modification has nothing to do with it. for one, as i said its not really a nerf since he has other moves with the same angle. and two, even if you know how to get around it, even if you can own the s***out most kratos players, even if they lowered his ap on that move to 0. having 2 or 3 kratos in the game doing nothing but forward squares is NOT fun. idc if i won the match, fighting a game where all that happens is forward square is just not fun and it threatens the enjoyment of the player base.

tbh i would be fine if they buffed his ap, just as long as they fixed this. if anything it limits krato's potential, because any decent player plays someone else (i myself feel his playstyle matches mine perfectly and would main him if it wasnt for this move, but sadly hes lvl 1 on my game.) and the non-decent players rely on the broken move and never improve. fix the move and we will see better kratos players emerge.
#52TerotrousPosted 12/6/2012 10:30:35 AM
NewVirtue posted...
why are they only messing with ap, its that one move that ppl hate. do they really have no intention of making ACTUAL changes? hes only one character with a side square that hits vertically and its not even needed. theres no excuse for his side square. none. it should only hit horizontally.

As if that wasn't crazy enough, if you're on a platform below him, Kratos can actually >[] you THROUGH THE PLATFORM.

Seriously, I'm semi-okay with it tracking upwards (but slower), but downwards is just absurd.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#53wwinterj25Posted 12/6/2012 10:43:15 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
flame030191 posted...

I don't think taking it off would work, as then it would just go straight, making it kinda useless. I wouldn't object to slowing it down to be easier to dodge or when narrowing the area it can lock onto, but taking it off would destroy its usefulness.

Toro, Nariko, and Parappa have a non-aiming grab.

Why should Kratos get auto-aim and they don't?

I take it you've never played God of War. It's a attack right from the game. Why can't folk understand this? Kratos has already had a nerf from when in the beta. His level 3 super is easy to dodge. The reason he gains AP quick is due to him been a "combo" character. The same can be said for Nariko and Donte. I've seen many good Nariko players gain AP like crazy but more importantly they know how to use her level 3 super very well. Kratos really isn't a issue anymore. Even if they do nerf him again he will still whoop your ass if you don't know how to deal with him. The same can be said for any character in the game.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#54GhostscorePosted 12/6/2012 10:44:07 AM
I think they should increase Kratos his level 3 AP if you ask me, and tweak some of his moves.
---
PSN: Heartwire
#55I_Wanna_CookiePosted 12/6/2012 4:38:24 PM
lightdragoon88 posted...
And it not Medusa head, but Apollo head from GoW3 that Kratos uses.

Helios head.
---
I'm handsome.
#56ChimcharwhoohooPosted 12/6/2012 4:46:01 PM
Insider15 posted...
Staticnova posted...
Take the auto-aim off of his Forward Square.

This

I actually wouldnt go that far. I'd say allow aiming and tracking, but you have to do it manually.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza
#57DireProphecyPosted 12/6/2012 4:59:38 PM
flame030191 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
just going straight doesnt make it useless, thats what ninja toro already has.

It has the same range as regular square does, less AP gain than it, fewer combos, and puts you into danger. Coward Square is only useful to get an even playing field against an opponent who is constantly jumping, and not being able to lock on (though he does auto lock in the God of War Games) would make it truly useless.

This. Stop whining about the forward square; it is punishable on block, and all it does is reset the situation and give Kratos 30 AP.