**** Raiden

#21St0ve1Posted 12/6/2012 5:28:36 AM
flame030191 posted...
They're some of the most popular characters to have appeared on PlayStation, thus their fanatics pick them. Not to mention they're easier to pick up and learn than the rest of the roster, though harder to win with.

dont listen to him, people use raiden kratos dnate sly and sackboy are usedbecause they are overpowered
#22flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 5:29:11 AM
Think about it. How many times does his level 1 get ANY kills? Last I saw, the guy had to try at least half a dozen times first. His lvl 2 can kill an unsuspecting enemy, but multiple kills is rare as it takes timing and precision, both of which is obvious for that move. His lvl 3 too commonly nets no more than one kill because it slows him down so much that basic platforming avoids it. Yes, he gets a lot of AP, and sure he may spam quite a few supers, but again, how many times will he come out of a match with more than 2 or 3 kills? From my experience, and I've been playing since Day 1, its quite rare.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#23flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 5:32:27 AM
St0ve1 posted...
flame030191 posted...
They're some of the most popular characters to have appeared on PlayStation, thus their fanatics pick them. Not to mention they're easier to pick up and learn than the rest of the roster, though harder to win with.

dont listen to him, people use raiden kratos dnate sly and sackboy are usedbecause they are overpowered

Sure, of course they are. It has nothing to do with the face Kratos is from one of the most popular PS3 exclusive franchises, Dante is from a very well established franchise with a large fanbase, Raiden has a highly anticipated game releasing, as well as being from one of the most successful franchises out there, Sackboy coming from a franchise with multiple GOTY awards for each entry, and Sly being a character many have wanted back since PS2 days, right?
---
#24webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 5:47:30 AM
flame030191 posted...
St0ve1 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Sure, of course they are. It has nothing to do with the face Kratos is from one of the most popular PS3 exclusive franchises, Dante is from a very well established franchise with a large fanbase, Raiden has a highly anticipated game releasing, as well as being from one of the most successful franchises out there, Sackboy coming from a franchise with multiple GOTY awards for each entry, and Sly being a character many have wanted back since PS2 days, right?

Not quite sure what you guys are getting at here? Pretty sure most MGS fans hate Raiden (although I'm an exception), and doesn't EVERYONE hate new Dante? New Dante isn't even considered good, let alone overpowered. Sly is good but not OP. He's very difficult to use properly (compared to "the three").

Are you saying that "people don't use them because they're OP, they just like the character/franchise"? I don't disagree (not sure what that guy is on about really). Doesn't change the fact that I consider some of them OP.

What I will say is that it is nice to discuss things with someone who types properly and is polite, which makes a change here, even if I do find your opinions rather puzzling. :P
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#25flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 5:52:56 AM
webbc99 posted...
flame030191 posted...
St0ve1 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Not quite sure what you guys are getting at here? Pretty sure most MGS fans hate Raiden (although I'm an exception), and doesn't EVERYONE hate new Dante? New Dante isn't even considered good, let alone overpowered. Sly is good but not OP. He's very difficult to use properly (compared to "the three").

Are you saying that "people don't use them because they're OP, they just like the character/franchise"? I don't disagree (not sure what that guy is on about really). Doesn't change the fact that I consider some of them OP.

What I will say is that it is nice to discuss things with someone who types properly and is polite, which makes a change here, even if I do find your opinions rather puzzling. :P

MGR has a lot of hype, thus the guys who are buzzing for that will flock to Raiden.

Devil May Cry fans are opening up to Dante it seems, at least after that demo. Not to mention Dante seems to play like his original gameplay, which would enlighten fans.

Basically, I'm saying these characters aren't popular for being good characters, but rather because they happen to be who they are. If Toro was the most OP character known, he would still be rare because he's not Kratos, Raiden, Dante, etc.
---
#26RagirothPosted 12/6/2012 5:58:59 AM
But he's so awesome!

Nah despite being my main and giving me a massive hard-on, I do use other characters.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#27webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 6:15:56 AM
Care to explain Meta Knight then? Overpowered in Smash, widely used for that fact, but pretty much a barely known character.

Your Toro argument backfires totally if you look at Marth, too. Amazing character, especially in SSBM (my main), and a lot of people use(d) him, and yet I've never played Fire Emblem, and I've never heard of Marth and neither had a lot of people, as the game he's in was Japan only.

Toro is Japan only, yet because he's really difficult to learn, and pretty average at best, not many people play him. I do, but more out of frustration for not really liking many of the characters/franchises I do know (not from a playstyle aspect), like Drake.
---
#28Parukia256Posted 12/6/2012 6:20:32 AM
Im sorry I legitimately like using Raiden because of his character.

I'm also sorry he's really good. I'm also sorry you have no sense of spacing to deal with Raiden.

Jerikish sarcasim aside, if it's more than 1 Raiden, then yeah, I can feel the imminent rage.
---
Love like winter.
#29webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 6:28:30 AM
Parukia256 posted...
Im sorry I legitimately like using Raiden because of his character.

I'm also sorry he's really good. I'm also sorry you have no sense of spacing to deal with Raiden.

Jerikish sarcasim aside, if it's more than 1 Raiden, then yeah, I can feel the imminent rage.

Hey man, I use Raiden for the same reasons as you. Huge MGS2 fan, and I usually like "sword" characters. Doesn't change the fact that he's ridiculously better than the majority of the rest of the cast. I have nothing against others who play Raiden, or any character, but I'm objective enough to understand that the countless victories I can achieve using Raiden, I could not achieve using Toro, especially AGAINST a Raiden.
---
#30DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 6:30:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]