**** Raiden

#31DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 6:39:22 AM
webbc99 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Forward Square > Level 1
Circle (counter) > Level 1
(as well as many others)

His level 2 is basically the same as everyone else's level 3, including his own. It just lasts slightly less time, and he doesn't run as fast. You can still get 6 kills with it, with lucky spawning, but you're guaranteed 4.

Raiden and Sackboy's level 3s pretty much guarantee more than 6 kills as well. A good Sackboy will get up to 8 kills on his level 3, and can get 9 on very small maps like Dojo.

Am I they only one that actually read this? Or am I just the only one that thinks this is bull. Raidens lvl 2 can not get him 6 kills. Unless every single opponent are brain dead idiots who go after him after they get killed. Raidens lvl 2 on average gets him 2 kills you bafoon. And don't tell me his lvl 3 is the best in the game. Because that's completely not true. Same thing with his lvl 2. Only you average at 3 kills. And his lvl 1 is not the best either. Is it good? Yes, but not the best.
#32DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 6:45:19 AM
Webc you're just a cry baby. You over exaggerate what raiden can do completely. You also said you can't dodge his lvl 1. Which isn't true, it can be, and it's one of the easiest lvl 1's in the game to cancel because it has a long start up and each side is vulnerable for a second or two for an enemy to attack it
#33webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 6:57:32 AM(edited)
DanE4764 posted...
Webc you're just a cry baby. You over exaggerate what raiden can do completely. You also said you can't dodge his lvl 1. Which isn't true, it can be, and it's one of the easiest lvl 1's in the game to cancel because it has a long start up and each side is vulnerable for a second or two for an enemy to attack it

What? lol

Forward Square combos into his level 1 - this CANNOT be dodged. If you get hit with the forward square, you cannot avoid the level 1, it is completely impossible.

I play Raiden, and regularly achieve stupid numbers of kills with his level 2 and 3. I'm not whining, I play him myself.

You've clearly shown your huge inexperience with Raiden, in a very short space of time (impressive), I recommend learning more about him before commenting in future, thanks.

Raiden has time for 4 kills on a level 2. If it's a small level (e.g. Dojo) he can potentially get 6. Don't forget he can stun everyone with Circle during his level 2.

His level 3 is longer, and he moves faster. Under the same circumstances, he has time for 9 kills, although I have personally only managed 8, I have seen 9. It does rely on lucky spawns of the other players (near him). He is absolutely GUARANTEED at least 6 kills on all but the largest of stages, and even then he'll get more than most people can get.

Edit: Just so you know, the Forward Square > Level 1 and Circle > Level 1 combos are absolutely one of the basics of Raiden's playstyle, if you hadn't worked that out, and rather than thinking "blimey I better try that out, it sounds good" you wildly claim that it's impossible and make yourself look like a fool in the process, you're another reminder to everyone here that the average poster has no idea what they're talking about and is not to be trusted unless they back up their points with well reasoned arguments and where possible evidence.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#34TheGreenRobinPosted 12/6/2012 6:57:33 AM
Is Raiden like the Ryu of SF in this game? Just all the noobs pick him and spam unsafe crap? That sucks, I like Raiden as a character.
---
GT: The Green Robin
Trying to get better at fighting games but dam they need dedication!
#35webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 7:00:45 AM
TheGreenRobin posted...
Is Raiden like the Ryu of SF in this game? Just all the noobs pick him and spam unsafe crap? That sucks, I like Raiden as a character.

Not quite. The noobs do pick him, but the moves aren't unsafe ;]

Nah, he's just really easy to play. A few posts up I explain a 155 AP combo that you can do with your eyes closed, and then a combo into his level 1, and that will win you most matches.

Just play whoever you like, if you're good it will set you apart from the idiots like the dude who posted above.
---
#36DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 7:08:27 AM
Okay webbc I want prove that you've gotten 9 kills with his 3 and I want proof that you've gotten 6 with his 2. If you don't provide this prove, then you're just crying because you've been beaten by him. Oh and btw iv had the game since day one. And have never seen either of these supers get close to what you say.
#37DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 7:13:30 AM
Oh and btw webbc if you main raiden, doesn't that make you a noob as well? Learn to play a character that isn't over powered. You noob, jeez
#38webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 7:16:26 AM
DanE4764 posted...
Okay webbc I want prove that you've gotten 9 kills with his 3 and I want proof that you've gotten 6 with his 2. If you don't provide this prove, then you're just crying because you've been beaten by him. Oh and btw iv had the game since day one. And have never seen either of these supers get close to what you say.

I'm not crying about Raiden? I'll bother to "prove" something you could try yourself in 10 minutes when you stop freaking out. Just calm down, please.
---
#39webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 7:17:03 AM
DanE4764 posted...
Oh and btw webbc if you main raiden, doesn't that make you a noob as well? Learn to play a character that isn't over powered. You noob, jeez

Well if you check my other posts, you'll see I main Toro, and I use Nariko and Raiden as subs.
---
#40DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 7:18:19 AM
Oh and are you referring to 1v1? Because then your argument is valid. But that mode doesn't exist, so you can't be.