**** Raiden

#41webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 7:25:59 AM
DanE4764 posted...
Oh and are you referring to 1v1? Because then your argument is valid. But that mode doesn't exist, so you can't be.

Uh? 9 kills from a level 3 in 1v1 would be impossible. Of course I'm referring to FFA.

Just try the combo I posted earlier, and then try the combo into the super. And you'll go "huh..." when you realise how easy it is to do over and over again for an easy win.

Certainly the Forward Square/Circle Counter > Level 1 Super is absolutely rudimentary. Basic skills. I'd start with those and work from there. You don't even need his level 2 and 3 when his level 1 is so good (best in game, by far).
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#42DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 7:32:56 AM
I'M referring for his lvl 1 being impossible to avoid. Which it is. You just have to avoid getting stuck in a combo. Which is simple. Btw raiden isn't the only that can combo into his lvl 1. Half the roster can. I know all the tricks raiden has. Btw I'm still waiting for proof that you can get 9 kills with his 3, and 6 with his 2.
#43DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 7:36:31 AM
Omg arguing with you is pointless. You're just a ignorant raiden hater and always will be. I'll just leave with this. In the recent article Omar only states that kratos will get a nerf
#44webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 7:40:36 AM
DanE4764 posted...
I'M referring for his lvl 1 being impossible to avoid. Which it is. You just have to avoid getting stuck in a combo. Which is simple. Btw raiden isn't the only that can combo into his lvl 1. Half the roster can. I know all the tricks raiden has. Btw I'm still waiting for proof that you can get 9 kills with his 3, and 6 with his 2.

Actually, everyone except Jak has a currently known combo to their level 1. The point I'm making is that for most characters it's reasonably difficult, or at least requires some element of timing. Raiden can counter and level 1. Easy.

Nariko must be at the correct distance, jump, up circle, but then hold down, so it aims down, and then Level 1 as soon as she lands, and you've got a tiny window to do it in. Bit harder, I think.

And I don't know how you "avoid getting stuck in a combo" - the whole thing about combos is that you cannot break them once you get hit once.

So, never get hit? Yeah that would work. But you'd be the best player ever to never get hit even once. If you EVER take a counter, or forward square to the face, you are going to eat either a level 1, or a 155 AP combo. That's why he's so good.

I'm not going to make you a video when you can try it yourself in 10 minutes, never mind the fact that you've been incredibly rude and ignorant.
---
#45webbc99Posted 12/6/2012 7:41:49 AM
DanE4764 posted...
Omg arguing with you is pointless. You're just a ignorant raiden hater and always will be. I'll just leave with this. In the recent article Omar only states that kratos will get a nerf

I don't hate Raiden, at all. I don't know what your problem is, but you're clearly very stressed about this whole affair.

I've told you numerous times that I like Raiden. Doesn't mean I don't think he's overpowered. The two things are not mutually exclusive.
---
#46zxelmanPosted 12/6/2012 7:48:16 AM(edited)
Raiden is only a pain to me (like Kratos) because he's over-used, not necessarily over-powered IMO. I've won most my matches with them, and the good Raidens have good reasons for winning. Kratos is actually easy to deal with too.

If we did have to consider people at the same skill level using these characters though, they can be OP especially since they have more "tools" to aid their victory. However, I think devising strategies will ultimately help you in the end, and the abundance of Kratos/Raiden/whatever players online only help us practice against them.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx
#47DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 8:58:39 AM
Then what you say about getting 6 kills with a lvl 2 and 9 with a 3 is complete bs. Iv played raiden. Iv done that 155 combo. And you can get out of it. Its just small time slots that you have to escape.
#48wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/6/2012 9:18:18 AM
oh the irony
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#49TerotrousPosted 12/6/2012 9:44:53 AM
The problem with Raiden is both his level 1 and level 2, not just level 1. He can also combo into level 2 and it's comparable in kill potential with many level 3s, often getting 3 kills for free on activation and then several more.

Both his level 1 and level 2 need their AP cost increased by 50.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#50DanE4764Posted 12/6/2012 9:49:12 AM
I'd be fine with an increase of 50. But my point is that webbc say that 6 and 9 kills for lvl 2 and 3 is just stupid. He clearly doesnt use raiden and is exaggerating to make a point.