Why do people want Tomba? His games flopped even harder than this.

#1SmallSpockPosted 12/6/2012 11:39:28 AM
On top of being unpopular during his time, his time has long since passed, so he would alienate the average consumer. At least Sir Dan's games were successful at the time.

Is it just because hipsters want to mention the most obscure characters they can think of in their desperate attempts to look cool?

I'm serious, I want a serious answer.
---
http://w11.zetaboards.com/New_Super_Smash_Pros/online/
Looking for a fun place? Go to New Super Smash pros.
#2peephole303Posted 12/6/2012 11:40:53 AM
Sir dan hasn't been gone for long? i saw at least a few PSP games with him in it. and well the Vita only been around for a year so yeah the PSP was still relivant
#3KindertotenwaldPosted 12/6/2012 11:41:19 AM
I played the demo of Tomba one when I was a kid, all I remembered were pigs and thought the character was one until I saw a pic recently lol.

Saw some gameplay and I cant see him having a very interesting moveset.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#4Joey2coolPosted 12/6/2012 11:45:11 AM
Its because some people are basking in their nostalgia.

And no, I'm not a hypocrite for mentioning Dart in my sig. LoD sold almost a million copies in NA.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
Dart for PSASBR -- # of people who agree: 1,061,384
#5ConradimusPrimePosted 12/6/2012 11:46:48 AM
Because people's adoration of a game or character is not directly tied to its sales success?

What a ludicrous, loaded question.
It's like Justin Bieber in reverse. The world can't seem to stand him, yet he still keeps selling millions upon millions o albums

People love double fine to death, but nobody buys any of their games. That doesn't make the game or it's characters bad, it just means they didn't sell well

I love tomba games and would love to see him in here
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#6legendofskylandPosted 12/6/2012 11:47:26 AM
Didn't Tomba get a sequel? Doesn't that mean it sold well at least?
#7redeyeddragon36Posted 12/6/2012 11:47:42 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
I played the demo of Tomba one when I was a kid, all I remembered were pigs and thought the character was one until I saw a pic recently lol.

He had a huge amount of different weapons/items to use. I thought the games were fun, personally; he has about as much worth as Sir Dan or Parappa being in the game.
---
Don't know the answer; resonance!
#8SmallSpock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:49:53 AM
legendofskyland posted...
Didn't Tomba get a sequel? Doesn't that mean it sold well at least?

Neither game reached greatest hits status and the devs quickly went bankrupt.
---
http://w11.zetaboards.com/New_Super_Smash_Pros/online/
Looking for a fun place? Go to New Super Smash pros.
#9KindertotenwaldPosted 12/6/2012 11:50:10 AM
redeyeddragon36 posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...

He had a huge amount of different weapons/items to use. I thought the games were fun, personally; he has about as much worth as Sir Dan or Parappa being in the game.

I would say back then Sir Dan was abit more popular.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#10DirtyToenailsPosted 12/6/2012 11:50:47 AM
I would not compare Tomba to Parappa (everyone knows Parappa, the demos were everywhere!)

Tomba, however, is awesome! Tomba games were unique and a ton of fun. I have very fond memories of this game. That's why I want Tomba.