Why do people want Tomba? His games flopped even harder than this.

#21Kaydos25Posted 12/7/2012 11:43:24 PM
SmallSpock posted...
On top of being unpopular during his time, his time has long since passed, so he would alienate the average consumer. At least Sir Dan's games were successful at the time.

Is it just because hipsters want to mention the most obscure characters they can think of in their desperate attempts to look cool?

I'm serious, I want a serious answer.

The PlayStation one was filled with lots of hidden gems. The Tomba games are such examples. As for MediEval being popular? eh... they only made two during the PS1/2 era, a remake for the PSP, and the Move game is... lets not go there.

Think of it more as if they include Tomba (or Tombi :P) that it might expose players to some potential games on the PSN they might never have considered before.
#22TheNardDogPosted 12/8/2012 12:18:02 AM(edited)
SmallSpock posted...
Tombas games flopped

games

Then they clearly didn't "flop" that hard, did they?
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#23IcyFlamez96Posted 12/8/2012 12:19:47 AM
I know you're an obvi troll but Toomba isn't even that obscure of a PS1 character.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#24TheNardDogPosted 12/8/2012 12:21:55 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I know you're an obvi troll but Toomba isn't even that obscure of a PS1 character.

this.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#25_krat0s_Posted 12/8/2012 1:28:39 AM
Were you guys expecting me? lol everytime someone makes a Tomba comment one about me shortly follows .. im surprised lol....

as for this question , Tomba is great thats why, deserves a spot over lots of currents imo..... like the Emmett guy, starhawk was fun for a week.... instead of fixing the exploits & glitches they gave us character skins for 49 cents........................
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Not changing this until Tomba is revealed for PSASBR 7/30/12
PSASBR Main: Sackboy/Heihachi. Msg to IcyFlamez: No U
#26PhantasyStar23Posted 12/8/2012 7:02:22 AM
this game flopped?
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#27Trickery1688Posted 12/8/2012 7:20:52 AM
I forgot about Tomba...

Such memories...

GIVE ME TOMBA NOW!
#28IngSlayerPosted 12/9/2012 11:49:46 AM
Flopstation All-Flops Flopple Flopale

Flopos
Flop Princess
Cole McFlop
Heihachi Flopima
Flopo
Pafloppa the Flopper
Flopec
Big Floppy
Nathan Flop
Sweet Flop
Sly Flopper
Flop & Daxter
Flopboy
Flopte
Floppet & Clank
Flop-ike
Evil Cole McFlop
Flopden
Flopiko
Sir Daniel Flopesque
Flopt
Emmett Flops

Floppygon Man

Available in Flopember
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#29WeeScottyPosted 12/11/2012 3:33:32 PM
I think it has less to do with them being hipsters and more with this game's fanbase being obsessed with every cartoony platformer in existence.
#30AerodarPosted 12/11/2012 3:36:34 PM
Joey2cool posted...
Its because some people are basking in their nostalgia.

And no, I'm not a hypocrite for mentioning Dart in my sig. LoD sold almost a million copies in NA.

As much as i loved LoD it is still a hypocritical remark since that game is something in the past that brought you happiness. Maybe that is the same for those that loved Tomba?

"The term nostalgia describes a sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations."

What does sales have to do with nostalgia?
---
"It is what it is."