Lumi can celebrate now. All Stars sales revealed.

#111Pawkie07Posted 12/6/2012 6:17:25 PM
if only the roster wasn't so crappy the game could of done much better.
#112Kirbyguy99Posted 12/6/2012 6:18:13 PM
NPD is losing relevence because it's not really showing much period, and we have to scrounge for every piece of info we can get.
---
~{Sage of GTS Sexy Time}~ http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=kirbyguy99
Is it strange to worship my sageness?
#113rumbalumbaPosted 12/6/2012 6:20:12 PM
flame030191 posted...

They see it as if it was profitable, which it very well can be profitable.

They would admit if the game was flopping, and abandon it altogether. Look at TM and Resistance 3. After the first week, there were no more sales numbers, there was no more support, and Sony dropped them altogether. If that were to happen here, I'd see it plausible the game didn't do well. However, Sony is still pushing full force for the game, they're still giving support and promises to keep it supported have been made.

ROFL before SuperBot hired employees, it's in their contract clause if they're gonna do DLC or not. so all these "support" has always been in their contracts, as employees.

you sure are proving yourself to not know anything of the real world.
#114wwinterj25Posted 12/6/2012 6:21:33 PM
Team Rocket Elite posted...
However, it's probably not going to look that good in the end.

I disagree. I don't think Sony have high amounts of sales they are expecting from this game and I believe they would have met those figures. I mean they are already giving us free DLC so either that's a desperate grab at more sales (doubt it because DLC is free for 2 weeks only) or they are selling enough to further invest money into the game and give us DLC. Take your pick.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#115flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 6:23:00 PM
rumbalumba posted...
flame030191 posted...

They see it as if it was profitable, which it very well can be profitable.

They would admit if the game was flopping, and abandon it altogether. Look at TM and Resistance 3. After the first week, there were no more sales numbers, there was no more support, and Sony dropped them altogether. If that were to happen here, I'd see it plausible the game didn't do well. However, Sony is still pushing full force for the game, they're still giving support and promises to keep it supported have been made.

ROFL before SuperBot hired employees, it's in their contract clause if they're gonna do DLC or not. so all these "support" has always been in their contracts, as employees.

you sure are proving yourself to not know anything of the real world.

If the game was a total loss, which those numbers probably would have made it a total loss, then Sony would stop future DLC. The proof, again, is in Resistance and TM. Both had DLC planned, and some released. But shortly after the games were realized to be flops, they cancelled future plans of DLC and patching, as it would cost Sony even more money to do them.

Think about it like this: if a store has no customers, would they raise their prices or close shop?
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#116_Judge_GabranthPosted 12/6/2012 6:23:09 PM
I love all the damage control in this thread. Those are awful numbers. On the bright side I think Sony expected the game to be crap. There was basically no advertising.
#117rumbalumbaPosted 12/6/2012 6:24:06 PM
Sony also said they were happy with the sales of the Vita so it's best not to read too much into that statement. VGChartz numbers are bad and should never be used. NPD is losing relevance due to the shift to digital distribution but I think their estimates are still considered good. I disagree with the "lol digital sales" comments. Digital sales shouldn't be underestimated. In some cases, digital sales can be 2 or 3 times what is sold at retail. Will this game be one of them? I wouldn't really hold out hope but I think it's possible to get a fair sized boost in the sales figures. However, it's probably not going to look that good in the end.

it's through PSN. when has a PSN full game outsold its retail counterpart? NPD is losing relevance, but you can bet your life that right now and this game isn't the game changer. you're talking about something that WILL happen, probably next-gen. so this "losing relevance" argument isn't even relevant right now, let alone for a console-exclusive game. this isn't Steam, nor is it PC. and even if it were in PC, retail sales are still much higher for these types of multimillion budget games.
#118flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 6:24:07 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
However, it's probably not going to look that good in the end.

I disagree. I don't think Sony have high amounts of sales they are expecting from this game and I believe they would have met those figures. I mean they are already giving us free DLC so either that's a desperate grab at more sales (doubt it because DLC is free for 2 weeks only) or they are selling enough to further invest money into the game and give us DLC. Take your pick.

Not to mention they're supposedly announcing more DLC tomorrow at VGA.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#119MightymegaPosted 12/6/2012 6:26:32 PM
rumbalumba posted...
Mightymega posted...

The 2 shooters are on top of everything else and they were the only 2 released within november. The rest of the top 10 is sports titles and a dance game which is a whole other demographic of people and usually sell to people who only play that certain type of game. The only action game there is what AC3 so yes gaming is still kinda dying. We'll be stuck with like 4 genres come 2016.

oh now suddenly you go from "gaming is dying outside of FPS" to "oh oh oh the rest are crap anyway a sports game a dance game eeeewwww"

yes, come up with more excuses. what's next?

"oh oh oh all the top 10 are big budget games from greedy companies therefore yeah gaming is indeed dead!"

ROFL.

No the argument is still the same, sports games come out every year and sell well that doesn't change anything. Nice that you know how to dodge questions though when you can't back it up with an argument. If you even read anything in the sales thread you even see other people saying the market and sales of games in general are doing bad right now. You either have to be stupid or blind to not see this, but then again I forgot who i'm talking to a guy that keep keep up in arguments.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#120Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:30:09 PM
rumbalumba posted...
Sony also said they were happy with the sales of the Vita so it's best not to read too much into that statement. VGChartz numbers are bad and should never be used. NPD is losing relevance due to the shift to digital distribution but I think their estimates are still considered good. I disagree with the "lol digital sales" comments. Digital sales shouldn't be underestimated. In some cases, digital sales can be 2 or 3 times what is sold at retail. Will this game be one of them? I wouldn't really hold out hope but I think it's possible to get a fair sized boost in the sales figures. However, it's probably not going to look that good in the end.

it's through PSN. when has a PSN full game outsold its retail counterpart? NPD is losing relevance, but you can bet your life that right now and this game isn't the game changer. you're talking about something that WILL happen, probably next-gen. so this "losing relevance" argument isn't even relevant right now, let alone for a console-exclusive game. this isn't Steam, nor is it PC. and even if it were in PC, retail sales are still much higher for these types of multimillion budget games.

I haven't really followed PSN sales numbers. Do they actually release them? But you are right that this isn't likely to be the game that changes things. Not that this is relevant to this game but since you mentioned PC games, I think the latest WoW expansion had much higher digital sales for the first week than retail. I'm not sure about sales since then, though.
---
Pokemon VGC2012 Canadian Nationals - 8th place