Lumi can celebrate now. All Stars sales revealed.

#141Dark_ZenoPosted 12/6/2012 7:08:42 PM(edited)
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
flame030191 posted...
You really don't pay attention to anything, do you?

They shipped lots and lots of copies of TM and Resistance 3. However, a week in, Sony stopped support as it would end up costing more money than it would make. Sure, they got paid for their shipped copies, but they also look at activity and store sales to determine business wise if it would be wise to invest more money into the game.

Dude, stop posting. Replying to him, makes it seem you actually care about his views.

This^

rumba and flame, its obvious that you two won't agree in this matter never, so why not just stop and take a deep breath and go do something fun?

And also, if you don't like/trust NeoGAF, just wait for a site you trust to post the sales.

Getting worked up because of the sales won't do you any good now, so just enjoy your game.
#142_Judge_GabranthPosted 12/6/2012 7:03:17 PM
flame030191 posted...
You act as if only NPD has those numbers, and with numbers so ridiculously small, I actually wouldn't doubt that. Sony has the REAL numbers, and has since pre-orders were available. If the game wasn't profitable and was just a waste of time, they wouldn't have announced 2 characters and a new stage, much less for free. They also wouldn't have teased new DLC reveals for VGA. They would simply abandon the game before it costs them too much.

Those characters and stages where probably done before the game was released. It costs them nothing to release that stuff
#143rumbalumbaPosted 12/6/2012 7:04:54 PM
flame030191 posted...
You really don't pay attention to anything, do you?

They shipped lots and lots of copies of TM and Resistance 3. However, a week in, Sony stopped support as it would end up costing more money than it would make. Sure, they got paid for their shipped copies, but they also look at activity and store sales to determine business wise if it would be wise to invest more money into the game.

oh now you're going back to that argument again?

haven't i already explained this? they're stated on contract clauses. most games that you see that has had DLCs, before a dev signs a contract it will explicitly state there that "hey you'll be involved in DLCs post launch". this happens because every dev has to work after finishin a project, and most finish work a month before the game releases. if somehow a dev was already in talks to join another team making another game, then a publisher (or a dev company) would have to spend money to find and hire a new guy again to do his work. that's why we got contracts. Sony has a contract with SuperBot, and SuperBot has a contract with its employees. so if Sony mandates SuperBot to make DLCs post-launch through a contract, it would be more efficient for SuperBot to ALSO say in the contracts of its employees that they're expected to hang around post-release to work on DLC. if not, then SuperBot would lose money since it's a fixed budget. get it, now? and then there are also contracts for 3rd party licenses that they have to honour.
#144rumbalumbaPosted 12/6/2012 7:10:23 PM
pixel378 posted...
rumbalumba posted...

another naive post.

what Sony cares about is their sales to retailers like Gamestop or Bestbuy a.k.a. shipped numbers. if Gamestop placed an order of 500k units of All-Stars, then Sony has already sold 500k and now it's up to Gamestop to sell those 500k for themselves, not for Sony. do you even know how this works? whether or not Gamestop sells 80k doesn't concern Sony, because Sony has already made a sale of 500k to Gamestop. they already got Gamestop's money. what you're paying is going towards Gamestop, not Sony.

of course it would be better if Gamestop sells everybit of that 500k and orders more copies from Sony, but once Sony sold that initial order, they already thought (as they should) that they sold enough units.

Yes, Sony is the Manufacturer, and Gamestop is the retailer. Except in this case the manufacturer has the power unlike in some cases in which the retailer is Walmart.

So its entirely possible Gamestop sold 88K copies but Sony sold 300k.

someone gets it. considering it's the holiday season, Gamestop would have bought a lot of units even if pre-orders are low. you also have to look at it from Gamestop's perspective. they probably want to buy enough units to last for six months. why? because shipping and distribution is NOT cheap. imagine paying for shipping fees for a cargo of 300k blurays. and then it's up to Gamestop to distribute it all over US, Canada, Europe, and Asia. that's a lot of fuel.
#145Darknessbeast10Posted 12/6/2012 7:11:38 PM
_Judge_Gabranth posted...
flame030191 posted...
You act as if only NPD has those numbers, and with numbers so ridiculously small, I actually wouldn't doubt that. Sony has the REAL numbers, and has since pre-orders were available. If the game wasn't profitable and was just a waste of time, they wouldn't have announced 2 characters and a new stage, much less for free. They also wouldn't have teased new DLC reveals for VGA. They would simply abandon the game before it costs them too much.

Those characters and stages where probably done before the game was released. It costs them nothing to release that stuff

Except there was an event that showcased the characters and they were incomplete. Care to try again?
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#146MightymegaPosted 12/6/2012 7:18:42 PM
rumbalumba posted...

popular has always been the mainstream. Gran Turismo is inferior to RFactor or iRacing, but how come GT sells 10 million+? you speak as if the mainstream games have always been the hipster, gameplay-focused, games. even in the SNES/MegaDrive era, the most popular ones aren't always the best ones either. so get that crap of an argument out of here.

and your the one changing your arguments. you said anything other than FPS won't sell well, but look at those top 10. then now you're saying, "oh but they're crap games anyway.." you go from "if you're not an FPS, you won't sell well! gaming is dead!" to "oh all the other games that sold well are crap anyway! gaming is dead!"

then gaming has been dead for a long, long time.

See putting words into people mouths, I never said that any game in the list was a hipster game nor did I say any of them were crap I want you to show me where I said anything like that. Mainstream games are mario games as well and they still sell very well.

My argument hasn't changed my first argument was that gaming is dying which going by the sales of the last 2 years they are down except for with most FPS games which is true. I also never said that they weren't selling well for what they were, my point is that the sales overall is getting lower by the years. Gaming dying is and was just important to my argument as fps being the only games that'll be left to play.

I'm also happy that you skipped over my wiiU argument which was the first thing I was talking about when I was mentioning gaming is kinda dying.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#147MightymegaPosted 12/6/2012 7:21:16 PM
So rumbla is arguing with everyone and lumi is nowhere to be found when sales data comes out? Yeah I'm beginning to think they are on in the same. It wasn't all that hard to believe in the past either with their post being almost identical.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#148_Judge_GabranthPosted 12/6/2012 7:28:16 PM
Darknessbeast10 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Except there was an event that showcased the characters and they were incomplete. Care to try again?

What was incomplete about them? Even if you are right making a few characters isnt going to cost anything for them to make
#149rumbalumbaPosted 12/6/2012 7:29:07 PM
Mightymega posted...
rumbalumba posted...

popular has always been the mainstream. Gran Turismo is inferior to RFactor or iRacing, but how come GT sells 10 million+? you speak as if the mainstream games have always been the hipster, gameplay-focused, games. even in the SNES/MegaDrive era, the most popular ones aren't always the best ones either. so get that crap of an argument out of here.

and your the one changing your arguments. you said anything other than FPS won't sell well, but look at those top 10. then now you're saying, "oh but they're crap games anyway.." you go from "if you're not an FPS, you won't sell well! gaming is dead!" to "oh all the other games that sold well are crap anyway! gaming is dead!"

then gaming has been dead for a long, long time.

See putting words into people mouths, I never said that any game in the list was a hipster game nor did I say any of them were crap I want you to show me where I said anything like that. Mainstream games are mario games as well and they still sell very well.

My argument hasn't changed my first argument was that gaming is dying which going by the sales of the last 2 years they are down except for with most FPS games which is true. I also never said that they weren't selling well for what they were, my point is that the sales overall is getting lower by the years. Gaming dying is and was just important to my argument as fps being the only games that'll be left to play.

I'm also happy that you skipped over my wiiU argument which was the first thing I was talking about when I was mentioning gaming is kinda dying.

so that means every commodity, every service, every product is dying, then.

it's not about gaming dying, it's about the economy tanking. so no, your "argument" is invalid. why? because year-in and year-out, everything has been down, save for those things that do well in this economic climate like credit or canned foods, or any DIY, maintenance-type of goods and services because people now would rather fix something than replace it.

so LOL @ gaming is dying. just lol.
#150Darknessbeast10Posted 12/6/2012 7:40:11 PM
Darknessbeast10 posted...
flame030191 posted...

What was incomplete about them? Even if you are right making a few characters isnt going to cost anything for them to make

lmao did you just say they wouldn't cost anything? what about time? what about Licenses to get? what about effort? everything has a cost, stop talking about things you don't know.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest