Lumi can celebrate now. All Stars sales revealed.

#191SSBR10Posted 12/7/2012 1:44:40 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Plus, the game could have been so much more, both roster and marketing wise

You could say this for any crossover game. That doesn't mean that the current roster is bad.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#192Pinoy441Posted 12/7/2012 1:51:24 AM
SSBR10 posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Plus, the game could have been so much more, both roster and marketing wise

You could say this for any crossover game. That doesn't mean that the current roster is bad.

*Remembers MvC3 and UMvC3 boards when there wasn't any mention of megaman*

*Notices how everyone still plays it despite no megaman*

Yep, roster really doesn't matter too much
---
*grabs popcorn*
#193Chzrm3Posted 12/7/2012 1:51:33 AM
Team Rocket Elite posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64174174

This is Lumi, the first time NeoGAF had a "breaking story". It only took a week for it to be exposed as completely bogus and made up.

I wonder how long this one takes?

From earlier in this topic:
"There are moderators on Neogaf who have access to NPD numbers. So if Creamsugar had lied about them he would've been banned."

Multiple independent groups have access to the NPD numbers. You can't really get away with lying about them.

The thread I linked is some guy who pretended for months to be a VA of some anime without anyone on NeoGAF even questioning it. People took his word as gospel.

That community has already proven itself untrustworthy. : /
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#194MightymegaPosted 12/7/2012 2:08:51 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
Joey2cool posted...
We're getting DLC. So who cares.

DLC whose development was already started before the game shipped.

What has that got to do with anything? That's when DLC is supposed to begin the game went gold long before its actual release week so I don't know where your trying to go with this argument.

That said can you leave now you got what you want so there's no reason to stick around is there?
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#195Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:11:19 AM
If I remember correctly, that topic was marked as being a rumor from the start. Looking through the topic, evidence that it was fake started showing up 30 minutes into the topic. However, even something like that is a lot more difficult to verify than NPD numbers. As I said before, multiple independent groups have access to the NPD numbers. If it was a sales number buried in the middle of a chart for a low profile game there would be a possibility that no one doubled checked it. I can't see that being the case for a higher profile game like this.
---
Pokemon VGC2012 Canadian Nationals - 8th place
#196KlobziPosted 12/7/2012 2:33:39 AM
Meh, i'm not buying it.

In any case, Sony is already making a profit off of this game. Meeting expectations means it has already either broke even or well on its way to do just that at the time of the article.
#197SlashBoyPosted 12/7/2012 3:05:50 AM
Yeah im not believing any sort of sales numbers until Omar goes on a live broadcast hugging Seth Killian while crying and both yelling THIS GAME FLOPPED!
#198Chzrm3Posted 12/7/2012 3:25:59 AM
rumbalumba posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...
ylvis posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...
Not for nothing, but I'm looking through the thread, and I'm finding absolutely no information on anything besides someone claiming 8k sales for the vita, and then stating (in a horribly stupid way) that the PS3 sales are greater than the Vita sales by 10. There's literally no numbers anywhere that I can find. Can someone help me dig them out? I'm running low on battery here...

No one at Neogaf is allowed to directly post NPD numbers so they kinda have to improvise. We know that Vita + PS3 version of All Star sold less than 88k.

What I'm trying to figure out is where these NPD numbers are coming from. They're in very stark contrast to everything we've already heard, being less than 45% of the initial numbers we were getting in. That's not something I can wrap my head around, and even less so when some random guy says it on an Internet forum with zero proof. *shrugs*

VGChartz always inflate numbers. always. so them saying 170k means it sold waay less than 170k. they do that all the time, and they're estimates. NPD is LEGIT. not even close. look at the name alone. doez "VGChartz" sound crediblez?

Yeah, I can't let that one slide.

Chzrm3 posted...
Also, a good example of vgchartz under-reporting something is the TTT 2 sales. Vgchartz is still reporting TTT2 as only selling 450,000 worldwide.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Tekken+tag+tournament+2

However, when Namco released their latest financial reports, TTT2 had sold 840,000 copies in only Japan and Europe - they weren't even factoring NA in, and they were more than double what vgchartz is reporting.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/02/namco-bandai-profits-grow-tekken-tag-tournament-2-sales-strong/

The combination of having no way of tracking digital sales plus a few other odd things about vgchartz means they tend to under-track a lot of games. When you consider that TTT2 has assuredly sold more than a million copies by now, the fact that the site still reports it as 450,000k globally is just silly.

They always inflate numbers? They've got TTT2 at less than half of what it actually sold, what kind of inflation is that?

One day, you guys will stop believing things posted on the internet just because they were posted on the internet. To the people defending NeoGAF's "credibility" - you realize Paul Gale is a member there too, right? We all know what happened with that guy.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#199LuminescentRulePosted 12/7/2012 3:33:59 AM(edited)
They always inflate numbers? They've got TTT2 at less than half of what it actually sold, what kind of inflation is that?

One day, you guys will stop believing things posted on the internet just because they were posted on the internet. To the people defending NeoGAF's "credibility" - you realize Paul Gale is a member there too, right? We all know what happened with that guy.

That one TTT2 example is the only one you always come up with. In this case, they clearly overestimated this game's selling power. Even I did that. So, who really cares if the game flopped harder than those expecting it to flop predicted?

---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#200ylvisPosted 12/7/2012 4:01:20 AM
pixel378 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
flame030191 posted...
You act as if only NPD has those numbers, and with numbers so ridiculously small, I actually wouldn't doubt that. Sony has the REAL numbers, and has since pre-orders were available. If the game wasn't profitable and was just a waste of time, they wouldn't have announced 2 characters and a new stage, much less for free. They also wouldn't have teased new DLC reveals for VGA. They would simply abandon the game before it costs them too much.

another naive post.

what Sony cares about is their sales to retailers like Gamestop or Bestbuy a.k.a. shipped numbers. if Gamestop placed an order of 500k units of All-Stars, then Sony has already sold 500k and now it's up to Gamestop to sell those 500k for themselves, not for Sony. do you even know how this works? whether or not Gamestop sells 80k doesn't concern Sony, because Sony has already made a sale of 500k to Gamestop. they already got Gamestop's money. what you're paying is going towards Gamestop, not Sony.

of course it would be better if Gamestop sells everybit of that 500k and orders more copies from Sony, but once Sony sold that initial order, they already thought (as they should) that they sold enough units.

Yes, Sony is the Manufacturer, and Gamestop is the retailer. Except in this case the manufacturer has the power unlike in some cases in which the retailer is Walmart.

So its entirely possible Gamestop sold 88K copies but Sony sold 300k.

NPD covers the entire US market. Tracks about 60% of it and estimates the rest.