Lumi can celebrate now. All Stars sales revealed.

#201CrimsonGear80Posted 12/7/2012 4:03:33 AM(edited)
They also do not count Amazon and Walmart, two of the biggest retailers in the US, making NPD numbers giant estimates at best and anyone who takes them as solid gospel deserve no quarter.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#202ylvisPosted 12/7/2012 4:03:58 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
Wow, I really don't know why this is being given any credibility whatsoever.

Wasn't NeoGAF the same place that had that "breaking" story about how Paul Gale was on Superbot's payroll, and a ton of people had been fired from Sony because of the beta leak? Then a week later, the guy who posted that (who claimed to be a VA for some anime) was exposed as a massive fraud because the wife of the actual guy came and proved it wasn't really him?

NeoGAF is a joke. The only reason it has any credibility whatsoever is because of people blindly believing them. They don't vet their sources at all, you can sign up and say "I'm so and so!" and until someone else calls you out and proves that you're a fraud, they'll all believe you.

It's a community of children and liars. I wouldn't believe a word they say, personally.

Developers, famous gaming site editors etc. all post on NeoGAF. And as I said earlier, mods over there has access to the numbers along with a few of the other postsers, like Creamsugar. His numbers have ALWAYS turned out to be the truth, so why shouldn't they now? And if they aren't he will get banned.
#203ylvisPosted 12/7/2012 4:08:03 AM
grzajabarkus posted...
ylvis posted...

"20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th. Count my friend. Digital sales are no way near physical sales. So even if it bumps sales up a bit it's still irrelevant. The game bombed, just deal with it. Stop defending it. It's pathetic. Just man up and admit that the game has bombed. It makes me personally sad, beause I'm enjoying the title quite much and looking forward to the DLC. But you can already kiss a sequal goodbye."

What is 24-20? Thats the number of actually days it was out. Math is your friend :)

WOW. You must have failed math. Let's count together the amount of days that 20-24 covers.

20th: That's 1 day.
21st: That's 1 day
22nd: That's 1 day
23rd: That's 1 day
24th: That's 1 day

1+1+1+1+1= 5 days

I see a lot of people are still in denial over the numbers, questioning NeoGAF as a source. A forum that as regularly posted NPD numbers since back in 2003 and have multiple people who has access to the NPD numbers. LOL!
#204ylvisPosted 12/7/2012 4:11:45 AM
Klobzi posted...
Meh, i'm not buying it.

In any case, Sony is already making a profit off of this game. Meeting expectations means it has already either broke even or well on its way to do just that at the time of the article.

Just because a game met the company's expectations the first week, doesn't mean it has broken even. The amount of ridiculous Sony fanboy denial in this thread is well... Ridiculous! Sony also said they were happy with Vita sales, even though they later reduced their quarterly forecast TWICE in a row.
#205ylvisPosted 12/7/2012 4:14:40 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
They also do not count Amazon and Walmart, two of the biggest retailers in the US, making NPD numbers giant estimates at best and anyone who takes them as solid gospel deserve no quarter.

They have been counting Walmart since May. And if NPD isn't trustworthy why does all of the big three companies use it as a source? Why does Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony give ut PRs after every NPD? Why does Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony use NPD when they talk about sales in at their E3 conferences? Oh, and accoding Pachter, Amazon is less than 1 % of the entire US market. So basically nothing.
#206CrimsonGear80Posted 12/7/2012 4:17:03 AM
And if NPD isn't trustworthy why does all of the big three companies use it as a source?

Cause it's the only source they can use.

and did you just site Patcher as a credible source? My god.....
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#207ylvisPosted 12/7/2012 4:43:55 AM(edited)
CrimsonGear80 posted...
And if NPD isn't trustworthy why does all of the big three companies use it as a source?

Cause it's the only source they can use.

and did you just site Patcher as a credible source? My god.....

Yeah, I don't listen to Pachter's predictions as well, but that wasn't a prediction. It was a statement he made sometime ago. Dont remember if it was on Pach attack or a roundtable Gametrailers show.
#208grzajabarkusPosted 12/7/2012 9:25:20 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...
Why the hell do people care about the sales? Whether it sold 8 or 8 million, as long as you're having fun what does it matter?

Game does bad, game loses support. Its first party so if it does bad Sony does bad and Sony has to start making cuts.

Sales are important.

Its actually 2nd party.
#209KlobziPosted 12/7/2012 9:36:10 AM
ylvis posted...
Klobzi posted...
Meh, i'm not buying it.

In any case, Sony is already making a profit off of this game. Meeting expectations means it has already either broke even or well on its way to do just that at the time of the article.

Just because a game met the company's expectations the first week, doesn't mean it has broken even. The amount of ridiculous Sony fanboy denial in this thread is well... Ridiculous! Sony also said they were happy with Vita sales, even though they later reduced their quarterly forecast TWICE in a row.

I never saw their financial reports, but are you quoting Sony Group or just Sony Computer Entertainment? If it's Sony Group then you should know better. Adjusting forecasts also has nothing to do with sales of one product in a company that sells millions of products. If you're saying Sony adjusted their forecast just because of the Vita, then that's a bad assumption of yours. It has to do with a dozens of factors, mostly that were unforeseen.

Also I said it is on its way to become profitable. I'd say SCE has a good grasp on when and what something becomes profitable.