Lumi can celebrate now. All Stars sales revealed.

#91rumbalumbaPosted 12/6/2012 6:02:04 PM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...

Keep in mind, this isnt directly from NPD. Its a link to a guy who claims to have inside information. In other words: an indirect approach. Until I see a link to official NPD sales, anything this guy says isn't credible.

you're never gonna see that chart you're looking for becausee NPD charts don't go that low.
#92MightymegaPosted 12/6/2012 6:02:42 PM
rumbalumba posted...
Mightymega posted...
rumbalumba posted...
^not meeting expectations =/= terrible even if it still sold millions.

the long-awaited Smash Bros. for the Playstation brand selling less than Resistance 3 = now that's terrible.

Maybe but again it matters budget and selling millions doesn't matter if the budget for something was in the millions. Why do you think EA had layoffs? Besides your helping my argument that FPS are the games that dominate which is also a point I was making so good job.

LMAO you said if the gaming is dying outside of FPS and that NPD chart just told you exactly the opposite. if non-FPS truly are dying, how come there's 8 out of 10 in the top 10 that aren't FPS? the majority of the top 10 not being FPS means they're dying? ROFL.

The 2 shooters are on top of everything else and they were the only 2 released within november. The rest of the top 10 is sports titles and a dance game which is a whole other demographic of people and usually sell to people who only play that certain type of game. The only action game there is what AC3 so yes gaming is still kinda dying. We'll be stuck with like 4 genres come 2016.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#93wwinterj25Posted 12/6/2012 6:03:20 PM
vital_tundra posted...
If its a sequel you guys are worried about, don't be. Sony themselves have already said their sales where right on target. Its not like Sony poured money into this game to only get a minor profit. They are making DLC and if there is DLC its Sony allowing it, which means they don;t think they are wasting their time with the game.

Mind providing a link to what Sony said? It's good news if true because as I said before. All that matters is Sony have reached there target and if they have we will no doubt get a sequel.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#94ylvisPosted 12/6/2012 6:03:46 PM
ylvis posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...
Wait wait wait. We are still arguing over the first 4/5 days of retail sales here? No digital sales, no preorder numbers?

This literally just went from "all-encompassing sales for the month of November" to "that stuff we all fought about a week and a half ago, that doesn't matter anyways"...

For the month of November, it's the 5th highest selling piece of video game content on the PS Store, and 2nd only behind ACIII in full game downloads.

Good lord, I thought you guys were actually trying to supply legitimate numbers for a second, no wonder these are so low, it's not even for a full week of sales.

Yeesh!

People said the EXACT same thing when this game debuted at 38th in the UK chart. "But it was only out for 2 days, wait for next week". Next week: Out of the top 40. Lol. Most games sell most of their shipment during the first week.

I really don't think the UK has many Sony fans to begin with. so 38/40 is still pretty impressive. So the people who wanted it, got it that first week.

It was confirmed in the PAL chart over at Neogaf that 38th place meant 2k-4k. Debuting with 2k-4k is impressive now? What happened with Sony fanboy's expectations? The UK is pretty much identical to the US market. Just swap FIFA for MADDEN.
#95ylvisPosted 12/6/2012 6:05:35 PM
flame030191 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
flame030191 posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...
Wait wait wait. We are still arguing over the first 4/5 days of retail sales here? No digital sales, no preorder numbers?

This literally just went from "all-encompassing sales for the month of November" to "that stuff we all fought about a week and a half ago, that doesn't matter anyways"...

For the month of November, it's the 5th highest selling piece of video game content on the PS Store, and 2nd only behind ACIII in full game downloads.

Good lord, I thought you guys were actually trying to supply legitimate numbers for a second, no wonder these are so low, it's not even for a full week of sales.

Yeesh!

I seriously think that was just day 1 or just Black Friday retail sales, as that's substantially lower than the reported 150k+ in the first week retail sales.

LOL VGChartz is not credible. when are you people gonna learn the difference between a "guess estimate" by a fake website and real, raw data analysis by a legit company like NPD?

VGChartz isn't credible, but that's the point. They, too, state the game sold poorly. The game is doing fine, Sony even said so.

Sony also said the Vita was doing fine, even though they constantly reduce their quarterly forecasts. So I would take what Sony says with a grain of salt.
#96ChimcharwhoohooPosted 12/6/2012 6:05:53 PM
ylvis posted...
ylvis posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...

Yeesh!

People said the EXACT same thing when this game debuted at 38th in the UK chart. "But it was only out for 2 days, wait for next week". Next week: Out of the top 40. Lol. Most games sell most of their shipment during the first week.

I really don't think the UK has many Sony fans to begin with. so 38/40 is still pretty impressive. So the people who wanted it, got it that first week.

It was confirmed in the PAL chart over at Neogaf that 38th place meant 2k-4k. Debuting with 2k-4k is impressive now? What happened with Sony fanboy's expectations? The UK is pretty much identical to the US market. Just swap FIFA for MADDEN.

The UK goes nuts over racing games, everything else is kinda just.. lost to them.
Also keep in mind that it got 38th WITHOUT ADVERTISING.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza
#97rumbalumbaPosted 12/6/2012 6:06:15 PM
Mightymega posted...

The 2 shooters are on top of everything else and they were the only 2 released within november. The rest of the top 10 is sports titles and a dance game which is a whole other demographic of people and usually sell to people who only play that certain type of game. The only action game there is what AC3 so yes gaming is still kinda dying. We'll be stuck with like 4 genres come 2016.

oh now suddenly you go from "gaming is dying outside of FPS" to "oh oh oh the rest are crap anyway a sports game a dance game eeeewwww"

yes, come up with more excuses. what's next?

"oh oh oh all the top 10 are big budget games from greedy companies therefore yeah gaming is indeed dead!"

ROFL.
#98flame030191Posted 12/6/2012 6:07:59 PM
rumbalumba posted...
flame030191 posted...

VGChartz isn't credible, but that's the point. They, too, state the game sold poorly. The game is doing fine, Sony even said so.

*facepalm*

yeah, VGChartz isn't credible and said the game sold poorly. so then uhh...we got this NPD who's saying the same things except it's 43% lower than what VGChartz said..so uhhh...both of them aren't credible.

PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH are you perhaps in junior high? my goodness.

So really, we should believe rumored numbers from some guy on the internet who claims he has inside information?

Yeah, let's completely disregard the fact Sony stated they are very pleased with the turn out, and the fact in 1 week it competed well against Assassin's Creed, a free episode to a game, and two beloved classics that all were available all month long.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#99Nether_RulerPosted 12/6/2012 6:09:34 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
vital_tundra posted...
If its a sequel you guys are worried about, don't be. Sony themselves have already said their sales where right on target. Its not like Sony poured money into this game to only get a minor profit. They are making DLC and if there is DLC its Sony allowing it, which means they don;t think they are wasting their time with the game.

Mind providing a link to what Sony said? It's good news if true because as I said before. All that matters is Sony have reached there target and if they have we will no doubt get a sequel.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/playstation-all-stars-sales-are-right-on-target
---
Powdered Toast Man
#100ylvisPosted 12/6/2012 6:09:39 PM
ylvis posted...
ylvis posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...

Yeesh!

The UK goes nuts over racing games, everything else is kinda just.. lost to them.
Also keep in mind that it got 38th WITHOUT ADVERTISING.

Again, the UK market is pretty much identical to the US market. So now that the game has bombed in Europe (it hasn't showed up in any of the top 10/20/40 lists in either of the countries) and the US, what's left? Japan? It's a western developed game and the game has a really low comgnet point score, so I doubt it'll sell there.