Low Sales because of No Crash?

#1Ultim87Posted 12/6/2012 10:03:47 PM
I want this game to be doing great, but it's been getting low sales. Everyone I've talked to said they weren't gonna get it because Crash isn't in the game, and I know that's just my experience, but is this a thing with people I know, or is it everywhere? And any idea if something'll cause sales to pick up?
---
Official King of All Cosmos of the Playstation All-Stars board
#2wwinterj25Posted 12/6/2012 10:06:28 PM
No. It's simple because of COD or other yearly titles people buy. Also the lack of big names. If this game had Snake, Sora, Clod and so but no Crash I doubt folk would care.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#3Reece504Posted 12/6/2012 10:15:33 PM
definitely should have had Crash, Spyro, Snake, Lara Croft in it they were the faces of sony for awhile Yes I know snake was on NES but MGS put ps1 on the map.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#4Joey2coolPosted 12/6/2012 10:19:13 PM
Lack of advertising.

Also: Halo 4, Blops 2.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
Dart for PSASBR -- # of people who agree: 1,061,384
#5Joey2coolPosted 12/6/2012 10:19:25 PM
Joey2cool posted...
Lack of advertising.

Also: Blops 2.

---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
Dart for PSASBR -- # of people who agree: 1,061,384
#6blaze19_0XPosted 12/6/2012 10:22:17 PM
It's sad but it just goes to show that Sony's first party IPs pretty much have no drawing power whatsoever.

Maybe this is what Sony gets for not milking an IP to death but constantly creating new ones.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#7TheBestGman2007Posted 12/6/2012 10:31:01 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
It's sad but it just goes to show that Sony's first party IPs pretty much have no drawing power whatsoever.

Maybe this is what Sony gets for not milking an IP to death but constantly creating new ones.

That's not true at all. This is a new IP, it would have been risky for Sony to put COD level marketing into it. I'm not saying it's right, but it's most likely why. There was very little marketing for this title.

Also, Low sales are because of no Lightning.
---
"If season is two, is better than season one, it'll go down as the greatest show of all time." - Myself.
Official nomad of Gamefaqs...
#8ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/6/2012 10:34:03 PM
The roster has nothing to do with the sales. How much more do you think the game would have seriously sold just from adding Crash to the roster?

Also, I don't see why it matters. We've already been promised more DLC following the Kat and Emmet one, good enough for me.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#9blaze19_0XPosted 12/6/2012 10:38:02 PM(edited)
ChocoboDreams posted...
The roster has nothing to do with the sales. How much more do you think the game would have seriously sold just from adding Crash to the roster?

Also, I don't see why it matters. We've already been promised more DLC following the Kat and Emmet one, good enough for me.

If you go anywhere and everywhere and look for complaints for this game here's the two that will be most common:

1. Smash bros ripoff.
2. Character roster sucks/Where is X character.

For a game like this, it's obvious the roster matters a lot to casuals. It's probably the most important thing.

Also knee-jerk reaction to the super system is that it's stupid and broken.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#10ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/6/2012 10:40:41 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

If you go anywhere and everywhere and look for complaints for this game here's the two that will be most common:

1. Smash bros ripoff.
2. Character roster sucks/Where is X character.

For a game like this, it's obvious the roster matters a lot to casuals.

And adding Crash alone to the roster would have totally doubled the sales, I take it?

"Low Sales because of No Crash?"

And before you bring it up, adding the "big 6" wouldn't have increased the sales by anymore than 30%. The roster has nothing to do with the poor sales. Then again, it's not like we can get any proof of that now, so no point in arguing it. :3
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams