Low Sales because of No Crash?

#11blaze19_0XPosted 12/6/2012 9:40:51 PM
Advertising is also a major reason of course but I partially blame Superbot for that.

They advertised the game using Fat Princess. I mean come on. At least show actual Sony icons.

And yes Sony is in charge of advertising but Superbot is the one that can decide who can atleast partially decide who the flagship characters are. Or do you think it's just a coincidence FP gets to hog so much screen time when she was made by the same devs?
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#12ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/6/2012 9:43:12 PM
Roster was actually the most important thing for me as well. For a game like this, it's only logical for the roster to be the most important part of the game. I still bought the game despite it's roster, but I suppose I can see others in my situation looking the other way.

I just don't think there were many others in my situation. The game feels like it was -very- under-the-radar.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#13Reece504Posted 12/6/2012 9:49:11 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Roster was actually the most important thing for me as well. For a game like this, it's only logical for the roster to be the most important part of the game. I still bought the game despite it's roster, but I suppose I can see others in my situation looking the other way.

I just don't think there were many others in my situation. The game feels like it was -very- under-the-radar.

Look at MVC3 UMVC3 characters matter those games would have sold double the amount if they listened to the fans and actually put in the top characters people voted for. The roster is important to sony fans and casuals the first thing they gonna do is pick it up look on the cover and notice Kratos, sackboy, and nathan drake raiden and say oh theres the bioshock guy lol the casual gamer is going to only notice the popular ones where as hardcore gamers are going to recognize all of them.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#14ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/6/2012 9:56:19 PM(edited)
Reece504 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

Look at MVC3 UMVC3 characters matter those games would have sold double the amount if they listened to the fans and actually put in the top characters people voted for. The roster is important to sony fans and casuals the first thing they gonna do is pick it up look on the cover and notice Kratos, sackboy, and nathan drake raiden and say oh theres the bioshock guy lol the casual gamer is going to only notice the popular ones where as hardcore gamers are going to recognize all of them.

Thank freakin' god Capcom didn't "listen to fans" with MvC3 if it meant not having the roster it does have.

Marvel vs. Capcom is a fighting game, by the way. This is a party game. The roster meant much, much less for Marvel vs. Capcom. They still managed a very solid roster despite that though, so I see no reason to complain.

Also, please don't tell me you -actually- think having Crash in this game would have put a significant impact on it's sales. That's almost like saying putting Megaman in MvC3 would have actually meant something for it's sales.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#15An_Unkind_RGNPosted 12/6/2012 10:26:09 PM
If this game had low sales just because one character was not in the game, people need to re-evaluate why they even play video games.
---
Toro. Nuff Said.
~Academics Like to Fantasize too, You Know?~
#16LuminescentRulePosted 12/6/2012 11:26:50 PM
An_Unkind_RGN posted...
If this game had low sales just because one character was not in the game, people need to re-evaluate why they even play video games.

You do know why people are even playing this, right? Because of the characters. Not the gameplay.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#17Pinoy441Posted 12/7/2012 12:45:44 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
An_Unkind_RGN posted...

You do know why people are even playing this, right? Because of the characters and the gameplay.

Fix'd
---
*grabs popcorn*
#18SSBR10Posted 12/7/2012 12:54:39 AM
The roster really doesn't have anything to do with the supposeth "low sales". In fact, the roster is actually pretty good. Just simply saying "where's Crash/Spyro/Cloud/Lara?" doesn't really speak anything bad about the roster. It just means that there are more characters that would have made just as much sense for this game.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#19ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/7/2012 12:56:26 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
An_Unkind_RGN posted...

You do know why people are even playing this, right? Because of the characters. Not the gameplay.

You're right, I strongly agree with that, but I'm also not naive enough to think that just adding one character that hasn't even been popular since PS1 would have any impact on how much the game sells. :P
---
#20RocketJessPosted 12/7/2012 3:28:10 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Advertising is also a major reason of course but I partially blame Superbot for that.

They advertised the game using Fat Princess. I mean come on. At least show actual Sony icons.

And yes Sony is in charge of advertising but Superbot is the one that can decide who can atleast partially decide who the flagship characters are. Or do you think it's just a coincidence FP gets to hog so much screen time when she was made by the same devs?

I don't agree (or at least I'm not certain) that SuperBot are definitely to blame for it, but I do think that Princess was a poor choice for advertising. I have no issue with her being in, or even being one of the original "reveal" characters, but it makes no sense to use her so much over more popular characters. (And that one promo pic of her that they use all the time is such an awkward looking pose! Especially her hands.)
---
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles