Low Sales because of No Crash?

#31ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/7/2012 7:46:10 AM
Reece504 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Reece504 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Roster was actually the most important thing for me as well. For a game like this, it's only logical for the roster to be the most important part of the game. I still bought the game despite it's roster, but I suppose I can see others in my situation looking the other way.

I just don't think there were many others in my situation. The game feels like it was -very- under-the-radar.

Look at MVC3 UMVC3 characters matter those games would have sold double the amount if they listened to the fans and actually put in the top characters people voted for. The roster is important to sony fans and casuals the first thing they gonna do is pick it up look on the cover and notice Kratos, sackboy, and nathan drake raiden and say oh theres the bioshock guy lol the casual gamer is going to only notice the popular ones where as hardcore gamers are going to recognize all of them.

Thank freakin' god Capcom didn't "listen to fans" with MvC3 if it meant not having the roster it does have.

Marvel vs. Capcom is a fighting game, by the way. This is a party game. The roster meant much, much less for Marvel vs. Capcom. They still managed a very solid roster despite that though, so I see no reason to complain.

Also, please don't tell me you -actually- think having Crash in this game would have put a significant impact on it's sales. That's almost like saying putting Megaman in MvC3 would have actually meant something for it's sales.

actually it might impact it not saying it would be by a crazy amount but it would help and as far as MVC3 megaman was #1 most voted character for MVC3 and for UMVC3 but just look at how it was missing captain comando, Venom,Cable,Gambit etc I know a lot of people that didn't buy it just because it was missing ppl from mvc 2 that people only played with. Look at MK It sold real well but had a great roster then Kenshi and Rain help boost the sales even more.

No, it wouldn't be a crazy amount. It would in fact be an insignificant amount. Also, there's always going to be a "most voted" character that someone wants in a game. When a game's roster is as solid as MvC3's is, it doesn't -need- characters like Captain Commando, Venom, Cable, or Gambit. The only reason people want characters like that is so they could continue to main the characters from the last game (which is understandable, but negligible).
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#32McFordmansonPosted 12/7/2012 7:53:21 AM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Reece504 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Roster was actually the most important thing for me as well. For a game like this, it's only logical for the roster to be the most important part of the game. I still bought the game despite it's roster, but I suppose I can see others in my situation looking the other way.

I just don't think there were many others in my situation. The game feels like it was -very- under-the-radar.

Look at MVC3 UMVC3 characters matter those games would have sold double the amount if they listened to the fans and actually put in the top characters people voted for. The roster is important to sony fans and casuals the first thing they gonna do is pick it up look on the cover and notice Kratos, sackboy, and nathan drake raiden and say oh theres the bioshock guy lol the casual gamer is going to only notice the popular ones where as hardcore gamers are going to recognize all of them.

Thank freakin' god Capcom didn't "listen to fans" with MvC3 if it meant not having the roster it does have.

Marvel vs. Capcom is a fighting game, by the way. This is a party game. The roster meant much, much less for Marvel vs. Capcom. They still managed a very solid roster despite that though, so I see no reason to complain.

Also, please don't tell me you -actually- think having Crash in this game would have put a significant impact on it's sales. That's almost like saying putting Megaman in MvC3 would have actually meant something for it's sales.

This.

If fans had their way, it would have been Street Fighter vs. Female X-Men (plus Megaman and Venom)
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.