Anyone else's game just freezing at the "Blupoint engine" logo after the patch?

#1EurashalPosted 12/7/2012 6:05:37 AM
UK PSN copy here. I installed the patch, and every time I boot up the game it just freezes at the Bluepoint Engine logo. Let's me quit the game via XMB, but then the PS3 just shuts itself down.

Other PSN games work fine, as do some disc games, so I'm not sure what's happened here.
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72
#2Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/7/2012 6:06:03 AM
Good job, Superboy
#3N_broPosted 12/7/2012 6:10:50 AM
Eurashal posted...
UK PSN copy here. I installed the patch, and every time I boot up the game it just freezes at the Bluepoint Engine logo. Let's me quit the game via XMB, but then the PS3 just shuts itself down.

Other PSN games work fine, as do some disc games, so I'm not sure what's happened here.

This happens to me aswell, got the digital copy to. Luckily I can play on the vita.
---
All-star main: Dante
PSN: nibskhi
#4RainDrinkerPosted 12/7/2012 6:11:31 AM
Just continues loading whenever I try to do an arcade match and quitting the game restarts the PS3
#5diebuster2Posted 12/7/2012 6:14:30 AM
Speaking of general consensus, some people aren't able to load the game past the Bluepoint engine logo or unable to load matches or generally play offline being stuck on the character loading screen after selection. However, some are able to get into the offline content but are unable to access online play with some sort of connection error whilst others aren't able to get in online and if so, it's buggy up there with the patch.

All in all, it's quite the technical mess this patch has caused and at a random effect above across the board. Thus, there's no other choice but to wait for Superbot to clean things up or if you're impatient, just delete the patch for now, disconnect yourself from the internet and you should at least be able to play the offline portion of the game.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#6doraemonllh1989Posted 12/7/2012 6:18:41 AM
happens to me :(
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#7LluaZargPosted 12/7/2012 7:14:22 AM
Yup, it freezes
#8Chunga_WongPosted 12/7/2012 7:31:00 AM
when was there a patch? i never got an update i needed to dl
#9CrabhammarPosted 12/7/2012 7:36:27 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Good job, Superboy

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#10wwinterj25Posted 12/7/2012 7:43:41 AM
I can't connect online and came here to see if it's been fixed yet. I guess it hasn't. :3
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj