The majority of players must feel like Sly is weak or too hard to play

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 12/7/2012 6:43:12 AM(edited)
i barely see anyone actually playing as sly. very rarely. he is one of the funner characters, yet i see more people that complain about him than actually play him. infact, actually playing him, he doesnt feel as good as you would think. i mean kratos absolutely destroys him. he cant block any of his lagless attacks, and the grab gets around his counter effortlessly. his level 3 tracks you even with stealth, and in some stages you can see right through his stealth. granted his level 1 is pretty powerful, thats almost all he has going for him, other than his natural agility and teleportation (that only really half makes up for his lack of a block button though)

people normally gravitate to easy characters to dominate with, or characters they feel are powerful for them, and sly is a very rare character to see online. i almost never see two slys, thats a pretty rare occurance. dispite the fact that this character is fun, and has a powerful level 1, seeing a sly isnt a common thing.

do people still feel this character needs to be nerfed or have they changed their minds? dont be afraid to say youve changed your mind if you did, we dont always have to be right. my minds changed a few times about certain characters too, i thought nathan drake sucked the first time i played him, then i thought he was overpowered, now i see him as just good, but not as good as i once thought, like maybe a B rank character at best.
#2NDgamer1122Posted 12/7/2012 6:44:07 AM
Just playing to get him to level 100 online was a struggle for me. Since he plays completely differently without blocking or dodging, I really had to change how I had to play.

Wasn't easy going back to normal characters afterwards, either. You go back to normal ones, and then you're like "Why can't I go invisible anymore?!"
#3DirtyToenailsPosted 12/7/2012 6:48:37 AM
Still OP because of his level 1 super. All you have to do is button mash until you get level 1, then super while invisible. The hitbox and speed is big enough that reflexes are pretty much thrown out the window. You will ALWAYS get a kill with this unless someone knocks someone out of the way or puts them in invincible frames.
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 6:51:41 AM(edited)
DirtyToenails posted...
Still OP because of his level 1 super. All you have to do is button mash until you get level 1, then super while invisible. The hitbox and speed is big enough that reflexes are pretty much thrown out the window. You will ALWAYS get a kill with this unless someone knocks someone out of the way or puts them in invincible frames.

but why does nobody play him then?
#5kupo1705Posted 12/7/2012 6:52:21 AM
He's the best character.
Yes, better than Sackboy pre-nerf.
I main him.
#6360ChambersPosted 12/7/2012 6:55:53 AM
lol not always buddy, fat ps lvl 1 can be interrupted but slys isnt.
plus fat ps puts her in harms way and sly stands back and lets murray go for the kill
---
Travis Touchdown for SSB4!
#7DirtyToenailsPosted 12/7/2012 6:57:11 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
DirtyToenails posted...

I don't play him because I don't like having to hold L1 the entire game. I imagine a lot of players dont like that, and probably don't like that you're also invisible to yourself.

Also, there's Kratos, where spamming f1 is an even easier way to win games.
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 6:57:21 AM
360Chambers posted...
lol not always buddy, fat ps lvl 1 can be interrupted but slys isnt.
plus fat ps puts her in harms way and sly stands back and lets murray go for the kill

you can combo into her lvl1 though and very easily
#9LluaZargPosted 12/7/2012 7:00:31 AM
DirtyToenails posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
DirtyToenails posted...

I don't play him because I don't like having to hold L1 the entire game. I imagine a lot of players dont like that, and probably don't like that you're also invisible to yourself.

Also, there's Kratos, where spamming f1 is an even easier way to win games.

You know, you don't have to hold L1, you can also play Sly without turning invisible. Anyone whose half decent can see through invisibility anyway. I know I can.
#10flame030191Posted 12/7/2012 7:03:08 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
DirtyToenails posted...

Because Sly isn't as popular or a character as Kratos, Sackboy, Raiden, or Dante.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.