The majority of players must feel like Sly is weak or too hard to play

#412DFighter84Posted 12/7/2012 10:13:31 AM
when players use Sly, he can be annoying to fight against in FFA. lets be honest, no one is gonna keep track of an invisible opponent with so much going on at once. so he's bound to sneak up on you with his level one at some point.

but when the computer uses Sly on max difficulty... OMG he turns into a teleporting invisible beast from hell! he's literally just everywhere!

maybe thats why people say Sly is OP... they probably nagged about the Ai Sly rather than human opponents. i haven't seen any human player that can play Sly as sick as the max level AI. if you haven't tried FFA or anything against max level Ai Sly (and any other random opponents), try it. Sly just goes berserk.
---
2-frackin'-D... The voice of the voiceless
#42Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:22:18 AM(edited)
2DFighter84 posted...
when players use Sly, he can be annoying to fight against in FFA. lets be honest, no one is gonna keep track of an invisible opponent with so much going on at once. so he's bound to sneak up on you with his level one at some point.

but when the computer uses Sly on max difficulty... OMG he turns into a teleporting invisible beast from hell! he's literally just everywhere!

maybe thats why people say Sly is OP... they probably nagged about the Ai Sly rather than human opponents. i haven't seen any human player that can play Sly as sick as the max level AI. if you haven't tried FFA or anything against max level Ai Sly (and any other random opponents), try it. Sly just goes berserk.

thats true he will get off some level 1s in a chaotic free for all, but is that really any different than other characters comboing into an unavoidable level 1? i mean i combo into drakes level 1 repeatedly almost without fail i guarantee a kill or two. evil cole punches you and then supers. ratchet throws you and then hits you on wakeup and you cant avoid it. and in some ways you have to work even harder for slys level 1 cause theres no combo into it, so proper positioning is needed, and proper timing. i dont need to time supers with some other characters just do a cookie cutter combo. a jump spammer like fat princess or jak are actually hard to hit with sly's level 1, and might take too long that i might just hold out for a level 2 often.

the AI sly cheats, nobody with human reflexes can play sly like that, i dont think its a good benchmark.
#43LluaZargPosted 12/7/2012 10:21:56 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
2DFighter84 posted...

thats true he will get off some level 1s in a chaotic free for all, but is that really any different than other characters comboing into an unavoidable level 1? i mean i combo into drakes level 1 repeatedly almost without fail i guarantee a kill or two. evil cole punches you and then supers. ratchet throws you and then hits you on wakeup and you cant avoid it. and in some ways you have to work even harder cause theres no combo into it, so proper positioning is needed, and proper timing. i dont need to time anything with some other characters just do a cookie cutter combo. a jump spammer like fat princess or jak are actually hard to hit with sly's level 1.

the AI sly cheats, nobody with human reflexes can play sly like that, i dont think its a good benchmark.

Couldn't have said it better TC. You know your Sly.
#44PanzershreckPosted 12/7/2012 10:30:01 AM
Sly is my favorite character. I find him to be much more technical than a lot of other characters and just overall enjoy his playstyle.
---
Gunbullets. Why not just bullets? Who knows?
#45Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:33:59 AM
yeah hes definately unique and fun, but also challenging, those are the aspects that draw me to him too.
#46ChimcharwhoohooPosted 12/7/2012 11:56:43 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LluaZarg posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
its not when you fight kratos, he wipes the floor with sly without a block. cant even get near his square spam.

I admit that Kratos has a bit of an advantage, but on the other hand Sly has advantages against other characters. If you are against a kratos of equal skill you'll get in a dodge fest full of mind games where you are constantly trying to trip him up by playing keep away with clocks, mines and rail slide. Annoying the hell out of him until he makes a mistake. I know it ain't easy, but it is possible. And landing a level 1 is quite easy when he misses his. IIRC you can also land a level 1 after a sucessful counter.

definately easier said than done, especially on stages that kratos can see through your stealth. you're basically a sitting duck that cant block. spamming counter will make him spam his forward square, and everytime you try to get grounded before his forward square comes, youre eating squares. spamming counter and then attacking isnt really going to get you ap faster than he gets, you're playing defensive with an offensive based character. its tough.

Actually. Sly CAN counter Kratos forward Square. I've been doing it all day. Are you sure you are timing it right? I had a few Kratos ragequit because their precious fS wasn't working.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza
#47KenGi1226Posted 12/7/2012 2:43:40 PM
kupo1705 posted...
He's the best character.
Yes, better than Sackboy pre-nerf.
I main him.

Nope. He's good, not god, come on guys.
---
(SJ-Fox) Gaming Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KSJFoX