Dante Issues

#1Mattrickxx_Posted 12/7/2012 9:02:38 AM
Been working on Dante for a while now, got just about all of the combos down, little trouble executing when i catch people, but dante just feels so punishable if you miss your first attack.
Is there something that im missing or is it just i have to learn to mind game better to catch people offguard.

Honestly because it feels like theres times where i miss one attack and that's it im getting punished
---
PSN ID: Mattrickxx
#2XpLiCiT_GaMiNgPosted 12/7/2012 9:05:09 AM
Well considering every well executed combo is an instant lv 1 super, the only way to balance him, iMO, is to make it punishable when you mess up a combo.

Im gonna go with, no.

Try to gun cancel maybe?
---
Everyone's posts should at one point include a "tl;dr" because this is GameFaqs: honestly, no one cares for your opinions.
PSN: Triple_Threat
#3xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 12/7/2012 9:07:50 AM
Angel Dash is your friend. When you feel you're open, try cancelling into one of those.
#4CajunspiritPosted 12/7/2012 9:07:52 AM
Learn to dash cancel
---
PSN : Seth_Mortifer
I like pancakes... a whole lot
#5vinz2Posted 12/7/2012 9:09:06 AM
cancel your square to triangle to side circle
---
Trainspotting
#6Mattrickxx_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:27:40 AM
Now see i had considered dash cancelling and i had also considered counter cancelling, the later working less in my favor than the former.
im also struggling to find a way to combo into his level 1, air down sq would be a good option if it worked more like coles where it popped up, but i have yet to find a really good way that doesnt allow people to either flip out, or gives them invinicbility frames. any suggestions?

I usually find i have to counter into it to land it unless i just catch em off guard.
---
#7TerotrousPosted 12/7/2012 9:37:14 AM(edited)
A lot of people seem not to realize that Dante can't bold cancel his square attacks on block or whiff. Only on hit.

I'll have to try testing the safety of his various square attacks at some point. Certainly, [], [], [] is not very safe, but if you do just the first or second attacks it might not be as bad.

Mattrickxx_ posted...
im also struggling to find a way to combo into his level 1, air down sq would be a good option if it worked more like coles where it popped up, but i have yet to find a really good way that doesnt allow people to either flip out, or gives them invinicbility frames. any suggestions?.

[], [], [], ^/\, <v(), <v(), (turn around) R (Lvl 1 or Lvl 2).

Note that those () attacks are "down back"

This is the only way for Dante to combo into his level 1. Those last 3 inputs must be inputted quickly and precisely, if done right Dante will flash twice but not actually do any attack, then you can just turn around and super (which also must be fast as the crumple doesn't last forever).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#8Mattrickxx_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:37:45 AM
Terotrous posted...
A lot of people seem not to realize that Dante can't bold cancel his square attacks on block or whiff. Only on hit.

I'll have to try testing the safety of his various square attacks at some point. Certainly, [], [], [] is not very safe, but if you do just the first or second attacks it might not be as bad.

You know after having tried this out, this is totally correct, you can only cancel out of attacks that connect. Which means, Dante is still extremely punishable if you miss. When comparing him to other characters that have literally no recovery on attacks it seems to just put lower on the list when compared to many others.

Frustrating.
---
#9SoaD0031Posted 12/7/2012 10:05:37 AM
I find Dante's forward square really good. You can combo into square square square after it. Plus if someone is rolling past you when you do it, the blade will hit behind them behind you. However, while it is great for 1v1, I don't find Dante to be very good outside 1v1. He relies on combos to generate AP, but combos executing combos is very difficult in FFA and 2v2.
---
PSN: SoaD_009
#10TerotrousPosted 12/7/2012 10:23:44 AM
SoaD0031 posted...
I find Dante's forward square really good. You can combo into square square square after it.

He takes a while to put the scythe away though so I suspect it's not safe on block, though I can't test it now.

One thing you CAN poke with though is air /\, air >(), air >[]. It's an air scythe attack that is pretty safe and stuns if it hits, allowing you to land and do [], [], [] safely.

I don't find Dante to be very good outside 1v1. He relies on combos to generate AP, but combos executing combos is very difficult in FFA and 2v2.

I've been using him in some FFAs and he's viable. His combos don't stay on the ground long so they're actually pretty hard to interrupt, and his level 3 is good.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery