Beat all the Character Challenges on All-Star difficulty. My thoughts.

#1SinnerOrSaintPosted 12/7/2012 4:20:21 PM
Certainly rewarding (for someone who likes to clear out all goals and challenges in his games), but overly frustrating a lot of the time.

Radec's Level 1 Mastery challenge (All-Star, of course) was hands-down my biggest problem. The radius of the explosion once it hits an enemy is far too small for this challenge to really be about skill. There is certainly an element of strategy in drawing all three opponents together, but you need luck more than anything else in your attempt to kill more than one of them with a single shot. I spent at least a couple hours on this single challenge alone. Of course, several of the Level 1 Mastery challenges proved to be quite annoying.

Other than those, persistence and recognition of patterns should give you the win within a handful of attempts on the challenges.

In any case, now I at least have a grasp of how every character can actually be a contender against just about every other character. I'd recommend at least trying all the challenges if you care to get good with every character instead of just picking a couple to main (I enjoy most fighting games for their variety, so I rarely main just one or two).
---
PSN: SinnerOrSaint / 'Elders of the RuneStone' ModNation Racers Creations:
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/SinnerOrSaint/creations/
#2AttraFayttenPosted 12/7/2012 4:29:23 PM
You must love this game..... also that what deserved a Trophy.
---
"nin nin" a reference to a 'troll/ignorant TC', 'spam/naive topic' and 'boredom/filler subject'
#3SinnerOrSaint(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:35:03 PM
Haha, I do love the game. It took some getting used to (being a huge Smash Bros. fan), but I have really come to enjoy it. It stand on its own merits, so I'm glad I gave it a chance.
---
#4rahmed51387Posted 12/7/2012 4:49:23 PM
Do you have any tips for someone struggling on Drake's Dodging Super 2 (pillars in Dojo)?

I'm trying to bait him to do it in the middle of the level facing away from the corners, but either he's a stubborn bugger, or he refuses to do it unless it's in a corner (which is how you'd use the Super 2 anyway.)

Or a reliable way to dodge out of them? I can't roll through it, and I am having trouble air dodging it long enough without falling back into them.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#5CrabhammarPosted 12/7/2012 5:23:59 PM
^I did it. Keep your distance and stay out of the corner. Sometimes he uses it just because.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#6SinnerOrSaint(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 10:54:30 AM
rahmed51387 posted...
Do you have any tips for someone struggling on Drake's Dodging Super 2 (pillars in Dojo)?

I'm trying to bait him to do it in the middle of the level facing away from the corners, but either he's a stubborn bugger, or he refuses to do it unless it's in a corner (which is how you'd use the Super 2 anyway.)

Or a reliable way to dodge out of them? I can't roll through it, and I am having trouble air dodging it long enough without falling back into them.

I stood very close to him, and then I made sure to hold block and mash toward him during the brief delay as he began his super. If you're close enough to him, you'll roll through to his other side with just enough space to avoid touching the pillar.
---