Just brought the game :)

#11Milkydragon102Posted 12/7/2012 4:44:19 PM
XplodnPnguins92 posted...
brought

---
TAAAAAAARKUSSSS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHtRggFsNA&feature=related
#12RogueDarkPosted 12/7/2012 4:56:32 PM(edited)
She's great in this game as she is. If her supers were better she would be OP.

Here are some of the most important things for you to know.

1. Use up circle (disk throw) you can hold up or down after it starts to make it go in either or direction. This is one of her best moves, to many Nariko's think that she is an up in your your face character this is not true. She's great at range with this and it builds crazy ap in a group.

2. Down triangle (someone mentioned it) is your other BFF especially the air version, which causes her to hover in the air during the animation. When it finishes you can use your second jump or up triangle to make is safe on hit or block. If it hits wait till you almost hit the ground and combo it into down square which causes a bound. From that you can go into any number of combos/setups/resets you want.

3. Circle is great for 2 vs 2 because it holds enemy in place for easy partner kill and can be combo-ed off of down triangle ground or air, down square ground or air, and down circle. I don't like using it in FFA unless your alone as it takes a while and will get you killed, but if the other 2 players are far away its fine.

4. Up triangle is another great over when landing down circle's or down squares in FFA its your best way to combo because it takes your combo to the air where its safe and harder to interrupt. Its also great when they are on a short platform above you.

Her level 1 can be used very effectively in FFA and 2 vs 2 for multi kills, just pick a good time to use it. there are a few set ups worth trying 1 on 1 and it can be linked off a disk for a inescapable kill.

Her level 2 can be used in combo but is on certain stages can be almost useless.

Her level 3 is one of the best in the game, again a few stages make less valuable but that's true with most level 3's. Dojo level 3 is your best friend :P

Here is a few videos you should watch to get creative ideas for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPoDvmG0Rrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5c9qYYl7EI

My PSN is InverseLina feel free to message me or if you wana train sometimes let me know.
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.
#13LanoitakudePosted 12/7/2012 4:58:37 PM
Pegeta posted...
UberSweet posted...
She can't combo into her supers. Well, she can into her level 2, but only situationally and you have to aim the cannon properly. Her crappy supers hold her back quite a bit unfortunately.

well if this game is based on landing supers then it sounds to me like she is trash

Being able to combo directly into a super is useful, but not necessarily vital to success with all characters. It really depends on the character and the super. Some supers are best used on a "mind read", while others are meant to be combo'd into.

Additionally, depending on the mode, different styles will take precedence. Combo'ing into a Level 1 is less useful in an FFA than it is in a 2v2.

Don't completely ignore a character simply due to the presence or lack of combo'able supers.
---
Xboxlive/PSN: Lanoitakude
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
#14Pegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 5:03:31 PM
RogueDark posted...
She's great in this game as she is. If her supers were better she would be OP.

Here are some of the most important things for you to know.

1. Use up circle (disk throw) you can hold up or down after it starts to make it go in either or direction. This is one of her best moves, to many Nariko's think that she is an up in your your face character this is not true. She's great at range with this and it builds crazy ap in a group.

2. Down triangle (someone mentioned it) is your other BFF especially the air version, which causes her to hover in the air during the animation. When it finishes you can use your second jump or up triangle to make is safe on hit or block. If it hits wait till you almost hit the ground and combo it into down square which causes a bound. From that you can go into any number of combos/setups/resets you want.

3. Circle is great for 2 vs 2 because it holds enemy in place for easy partner kill and can be combo-ed off of down triangle ground or air, down square ground or air, and down circle. I don't like using it in FFA unless your alone as it takes a while and will get you killed, but if the other 2 players are far away its fine.

4. Up triangle is another great over when landing down circle's or down squares in FFA its your best way to combo because it takes your combo to the air where its safe and harder to interrupt. Its also great when they are on a short platform above you.

Her level 1 can be used very effectively in FFA and 2 vs 2 for multi kills, just pick a good time to use it. there are a few set ups worth trying 1 on 1 and it can be linked off a disk for a inescapable kill.

Her level 2 can be used in combo but is on certain stages can be almost useless.

Her level 3 is one of the best in the game, again a few stages make less valuable but that's true with most level 3's. Dojo level 3 is your best friend :P

Here is a few videos you should watch to get creative ideas for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPoDvmG0Rrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5c9qYYl7EI

My PSN is InverseLina feel free to message me or if you wana train sometimes let me know.

THIS is what I want to hear, I'll get started on this right away
#15RaRaillePosted 12/8/2012 3:16:58 AM
ITT: Nerds who will deny all flaws about the game, lying to OP. Nariko is one of those flaws.

This game has terrible balancing OP, multiple instant win characters and multiple instant lose characters.

Nariko is an instant lose character.
#16Retroxgamer0Posted 12/8/2012 3:27:16 AM(edited)
Pegeta posted...
UberSweet posted...
She can't combo into her supers. Well, she can into her level 2, but only situationally and you have to aim the cannon properly. Her crappy supers hold her back quite a bit unfortunately.

well if this game is based on landing supers then it sounds to me like she is trash

she is, please read my topic on why shes the worst in the game. some are lying to you and saying that shes good, because she has flashy moves. the truth is she is broken and needs to be buffed and nobody online uses her except when theyre bored of dominating with better characters.
#17Pegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:28:47 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Pegeta posted...
UberSweet posted...

she is, please read my topic on why shes the worst in the game.

I spent 3 hours with the game and I agree with the guy who posed above you, I saw alot of easy mode characters and I was like "why is this such a uphill battle to win with nariko?"

This game has MASSIVE balance issues, I'm curious they even tested the thing themselves.

But yeah I read your topic and I posted the "answer" to your 1v1 nariko problem in my 4 hours experience with nariko.
#18Retroxgamer0Posted 12/8/2012 4:29:13 AM(edited)
i read it and replied. also as the above poster said about circle button to hold a partner for a super, it leaves you just as vulnerable to supers yourself. also her circle is easily blocked especially after down triangle, everyone blocks after that move so its almost useless. throwing the disk isnt a reliable way to get a level 1 super either, but it is a good move to use at a distance.
#19Pegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:33:01 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
i read it and replied. also as the above poster said about circle button to hold a partner for a super, it leaves you just as vulnerable to supers yourself. also her circle is easily blocked especially after down triangle, everyone blocks after that move so its almost useless. throwing the disk isnt a reliable way to get a level 1 super either, but it is a good move to use at a distance.

it seems to connect within 3 frames. An even if they start blocking and you mess up whats wrong with throwing after that move anyway?
#20Retroxgamer0Posted 12/8/2012 4:49:53 AM
Pegeta posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

it seems to connect within 3 frames. An even if they start blocking and you mess up whats wrong with throwing after that move anyway?

whats wrong is i usually get paired with raiden, and hes the one throwing me lol