For those who have played SSB/SSBM/SSBB, do you think...

#1TutelaVidesPosted 12/7/2012 9:49:56 PM(edited)
Just so you know, this is NOT a topic for debating which is the better game. So don't start trippin'.

Do you think it's affected your playstyle in this game? I've probably logged more hours in Brawl than any other game, and I know for sure that it's helped me in picking up this game a lot quicker. Still working on how to string together major combos, but for the most part, I think Smash Bros really helped me understand this game better.
---
Still can't think of a good sig.
#2xKazeruxPosted 12/7/2012 9:51:41 PM
In a way, yeah. When I first played, I played a lot like I did in any of the Smash Bros games. In fact, that playstyle still shows when I use Toro in his Justice form. It took me a while to adapt, but I did and I love the way the game plays. I can't really decide between this or Smash though, both are great with friends and I'm playing them both with the same friends anyway.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
Playing: RE6, ACIII, DMC HD, MGS: PW, Borderlands 2, LBP2, RE4, CV: HoD, Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi 2, LoL, PSASBR (soon)
#3vital_tundraPosted 12/7/2012 10:01:46 PM
At first it did. Then I got use to it.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#4G-ScythePosted 12/7/2012 10:14:57 PM
not really

I play pretty much all fighting games, 2d/3d/brawler/ect
im good at adapting my playstyle and combos in this game are a breeze compared to other combo-based fighters
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#5cosmojamesPosted 12/7/2012 10:18:32 PM
Yes. There is times I want to play it like smash and that's the part that ends up killing me in battle lol. I need to play some brawl and see on how much this game has affected the was I play .. Oh god if this game had spot dodge. X3 A man can dream.
#6xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 12/7/2012 10:21:26 PM
I don't think I'm alone here when I say the "rolling" habits from Smash have definitely carried over...

It can be a good or bad thing, depending on the situation :\
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 12/7/2012 10:23:02 PM
not at all. this game doesnt play anything like smash. ive only spiked one person off a cliff before and it didnt feel anything like smashbros. i wish you could grab while blocking but you cant, so my playstyle is completely different.
#8TutelaVides(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:25:08 PM
I don't think I'm alone here when I say the "rolling" habits from Smash have definitely carried over...

Lol, I had a bad, bad habit of over-rolling in Brawl.
---
Still can't think of a good sig.
#9shadow_sakePosted 12/7/2012 10:25:47 PM

---
PSN: Shadow_Sake
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#10NekaitoPosted 12/7/2012 10:41:44 PM
Not really, I frequently played a lot of different brawler type games (such as D.O.N., Onimusha Blade Warriors, Dream Mix etc.)

I just looked at it like D.O.N. and got quickly familiar with it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4081 - 5968 - 9750
XBL and PSN: Nekaito