i think we can all agree nariko is the weakest 1v1 character in the game

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 12/8/2012 2:44:20 AM(edited)
heres just some of the reasons i feel she is worse than even big daddy @ 1v1

-combos that constantly break either because its easy to read and block (her grabs), or because she breaks her own combos by being slow
-supers that are quite frankly useless. her level 1 cannot kill a good player, ever. her level 2 can be comboed into, but it is actually risky to use because if you use it too close to an opponent he can simply stand in your deadzone and kill you with a super. her level 2 is the only super in the game that literally puts herself at risk as much as the opponent. her level 3 is great, problem is level 3s in 1v1 arent ideal.
-her projectiles do not generate much ap and are slow and easy to read at a distance. can actually get you comboed if you use them too close.
-her stun move (down circle) leaves a lot of lag and is very easy to retaliate against.

feel free to share your insight also on why she needs buffs.

here are some reasons i feel even big daddy is better
-he has a reliable way to generate ap with his drill
-his level 1 super can be hit after a plasmid. hard to hit, but its still more reliable than narikos level 1
-big daddy has a level 2 super that increases his speed, on a small stage this can mean death, so at least there are stages favoring him. platforms actually ruin narikos supers because it leaves deadzones or makes the barrels float midair wtf?
-he doesnt leave himself wide open when he uses his supers. its hard to actually hit him during lvl2 because he moves very fast.
#2T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/8/2012 2:41:41 AM
Her level 3 can get all 3 kills (most people play stock 3) so she doesn't need to even use her useless level 1 and 2.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:44:50 AM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Her level 3 can get all 3 kills (most people play stock 3) so she doesn't need to even use her useless level 1 and 2.

the topics about her in 1v1
#4T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/8/2012 2:45:45 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...

the topics about her in 1v1

I know. 1v1 Stock 3, Nariko wins with 1 single level 3.
---
#5Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:48:07 AM(edited)
that just makes her even more predictable. block her obvious grabs, throw her a lot and kill her with lvl1s before she gets her level 3. also on large stages her level 3 isnt very good, and there are actually ways to avoid it completely such as being maximum height with toro and using your parachute.
#6T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/8/2012 2:51:37 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
that just makes her even more predictable. block her obvious grabs, throw her a lot and kill her with lvl1s before she gets her level 3. also on large stages her level 3 isnt very good, and there are actually ways to avoid it completely such as being maximum height with toro and using your parachute.

Thats true about staying out of range. Thats not possible on dojo though, and most 1v1s happen on dojo. I do agree that she is not that great though.
---
#7ThatBoyDJPosted 12/8/2012 2:52:27 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

easier said than done.
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:57:35 AM(edited)
so if you have a character that is only capable of winning on a small stage like dojo with a level 3 only then i think you have the worst 1v1. big daddy does not need his level 3 to win, im pretty confident i can use a level 2 or even a well placed level 1, but it doesnt matter how well you place narikos level 1 because its slow. anyone can evade it, even if its right ontop of them. it needs to be instant to be competitive, or there needs to be a better way to combo into it than throwing a discus and hoping they walk into it. i compare her to big daddy because i think hes pretty bad also, but even he sounds decent compared to nariko to me. what about you?
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:06:19 AM
dojo isnt really a good competitive stage, look at how much kratos and sackboy dominate on it.
#10RaRaillePosted 12/8/2012 3:07:36 AM
you don't really need to say 1v1, nariko is the worst in any sort of match