You main your character because of "gameplay" or "affection"?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. You main your character because of "gameplay" or "affection"?

User Info: AndKevinBacon

AndKevinBacon
3 years ago#11
Affection, though I've grown to appreciate Jak and Ratchet gameplay-wise as well.
You'll never win!

User Info: LaybackJo

LaybackJo
3 years ago#12
I main Spike for both.
PSN - LaybackJo

User Info: Majora999

Majora999
3 years ago#13
Mostly affection.

Although I've been playing Raiden all day, mostly for gameplay, partly for potential affection.

Watched a bunch of MGR gameplay yesterday, suddenly interested in Raiden. Read somewhere there's gonna be a demo on the 13th, can't wait.
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11

User Info: BlackFeathers

BlackFeathers
3 years ago#14
Sackboy because he's unique and I'm a LBPhead. :)
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/

User Info: IHeartJessAlba

IHeartJessAlba
3 years ago#15
As with any fighter, I gravitate to characters I "like" first, but I tend to stick with whomever I'm good with, or have a comfortable time with.

If its a series, I tend to start out with my best character from the last game, and move around a big to find a good fit. Sometimes, I'll main someone new for a while, but I tend to go back to whatever I'm really good at, and that usually tends to be a long-running character.

In a new game like this, I'll probably wind up maining the random button until something really clicks. Sly is my closest to a main so far, though.
psn - wokeupinapanic

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
3 years ago#16
Nik_Nack posted...
Big Daddy for both reasons.

You mean Mr. Bubbles. Who I like because of affection and he is the most interesting character of the game.

User Info: phil_hendrie

phil_hendrie
3 years ago#17
I main Big Daddy because of the Nostalgia he brings me from a game I enjoyed throughout, hes a scary BAMF, and I love that hes one of the biggest underdogs, if not tied with Fat Princess.
PSN: Bartuby_Jones
XBL: BartubyJones

User Info: Crabhammar

Crabhammar
3 years ago#18
Drake and Sweet Tooth for both reasons.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.

User Info: waspennator

waspennator
3 years ago#19
I main my characters half out of affection and half out of if they will suit my gameplay style. Heihachi fits into my theory pretty well.

User Info: Ktimleck

Ktimleck
3 years ago#20
E. Cole, and soon to be Kat, for both.
PSN ID: Dorito_2
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. You main your character because of "gameplay" or "affection"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived