You main your character because of "gameplay" or "affection"?

#21TUSMEnterprisesPosted 12/8/2012 2:13:01 PM
Affection. I loved playing R&C on the PS2, and I said when the game was first announced if Ratchet was in, I'm maining him.
---
The engine belongs in the back.
Official Dodge Viper of the GT5 Boards.
#22caffiend7Posted 12/8/2012 2:42:48 PM
Radec because he was BA in Killzone 2

Raiden is straight up CUHRAYZE

I'd use Dante but I hate that version so I don't use him
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#23keyblade_lordPosted 12/8/2012 2:45:41 PM
I like Radec because of Gameplay, Like Nariko because of her character.
---
OBJECTION! This Topic Clearly Sucks!
PSN, Steam and Gamertag: Joseponypants
#24FreshaSaurusRexPosted 12/8/2012 2:46:40 PM
Mostly gameplay, I switch it up a couple matches in and try to see who I like playing as but I mostly just like playing as Raiden.
---
"I will literally murder the person of your choosing if you just let me out of here. I never even liked Marcus, just, just say the word." - Claptrap
#25Parukia256Posted 12/8/2012 2:49:08 PM
Raiden. Affection.

IMPOSSIBLE, RIGHT?
---
Love like winter.
#26xXStNerevarXxPosted 12/8/2012 2:50:23 PM
Both. I main Sly. He's not perfect, but he's easy to use hard to be excellent with. His lack of block and roll sucks, and the invisibility is easy to see through some times, but I like the way he plays.
I also like the first couple Sly games.
---
Squats and bulking made my pants too tight.
Thanks a lot, now girls can see my small package pressing against the fabric. - ChopSocky
#27Thunder_ArmorPosted 12/8/2012 2:51:37 PM
I tried Ratchet early because I love the R&C series, and I kept using him because I was winning matches. So I guess it's a little of both.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AJmq5.gif
#28SpacePirateKhanPosted 12/8/2012 3:00:12 PM
I use Sackboy a lot because I friggin love LittleBigPlanet. :D
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#29An_EthiopianPosted 12/8/2012 3:02:24 PM
Nathan Drake for gameplay. I hate the uncharted series. Too cinematicky for me.
---
The statement below me is true.
The statement above me is false.
#30DanteTheBestPosted 12/8/2012 6:50:21 PM
Soo, you're basically saying that people who use characters who's style they like are metagame whores?? You really sound like your saying you should only use characters that you like because of the character, not the way they play in this game, otherwise your a f**got. To be honest, I only KNEW like 3 characters in this game (my brother bought the game, btw) and I started liking characters because of how they PLAYED, the way you SHOULD pick a character. If you don't like a characters move set, you shouldn't use him, and if your such a fanboy of a certain character that you feel obligated to use them even if you hate the way they're played, than why not just go play the game they're from instead?