I feel like i bought and paid for a beta game.

#1NewVirtuePosted 12/8/2012 4:58:28 PM
does anyone else feel like this? I mean i loved it at first and it was all "PSA FTW!" but really once the blind love fades...it just feels like an open beta. its got all the potential, you can see the work put in and what it could become. but theres so many bugs, so little bonus content and features. aside from balancing issues and one or two moves, the fighting is great, the work put in to limit lag imo has been great too. but everything else is barebones, the menus and unlockables, game modes. options. just enough to reach quota and nothing more. theres so much more they could have done with the stuff that already exists.

i would have rather they delayed again and waited a few more months so i could get a finished product.
#2DeZA_UKPosted 12/8/2012 4:59:44 PM
This reminds me of mvc3 imagine an ultimate psasbr being released in 6 months time :D
#3SoulRegaliaPosted 12/8/2012 4:59:45 PM
Nope it's been my most played game since it released.
---
If it defecates, urinates, or rudely barks orders, I have no issues with crushing its skull.-Shale
#4Myles98Posted 12/8/2012 5:00:51 PM
There was a lot more potential but its just a new company who big names aren't gonna be very happy to hand over their precious IPs to, especially since a lot of ps characters are third party creations and not owned by Sony.
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#5mexicannonPosted 12/8/2012 5:01:28 PM
I know what you mean, and I expect the sequel to be immensely better
#6WSPro17Posted 12/8/2012 5:10:56 PM
NewVirtue posted...
does anyone else feel like this? I mean i loved it at first and it was all "PSA FTW!" but really once the blind love fades...it just feels like an open beta. its got all the potential, you can see the work put in and what it could become. but theres so many bugs, so little bonus content and features. aside from balancing issues and one or two moves, the fighting is great, the work put in to limit lag imo has been great too. but everything else is barebones, the menus and unlockables, game modes. options. just enough to reach quota and nothing more. theres so much more they could have done with the stuff that already exists.

i would have rather they delayed again and waited a few more months so i could get a finished product.

I do not feel like this is in beta. I feel like I paid for and was treated with a full retailed and polished game. Are there bugs? Of course, no game is bug free. Id love to know what these "so many bugs" are. Bonus content? The game just came out and there was already a DLC announced FOR FREE (for two weeks) and another stage. Let them get started.

Maybe I am in the very, very pleased minority but this game is good. I don't care about the menus and how they look. I am fighting other people and the stages and characters look awesome and you can tell how much work went into them. Game modes would be nice but they don't detract from what we have. This is a fighting game, fighting games do not need to have all the stuff that a shooter does.

Does it have fighting? Yes.
Does it have more than 10 characters? Yes.
Are there alternate costumes and color schemes? Yes.
More than 5 stages? Yes.

The connection is solid and getting better. The fighters are solid and growing in number. The stages look awesome and are getting more innovative. SuperBot is 100% behind their project, they are dedicated, they know we are dedicated and they are going to deliver to the best of their ability. Which, in my humble opinion, is all any of us should ask for.
#7Majora999Posted 12/8/2012 5:13:02 PM
...What's the difference between buying something and paying for it...?
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#8NewVirtue(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:18:13 PM
majora999 posted...
...What's the difference between buying something and paying for it...?

idk thats just the phrase "bought and paid for"
#9NewVirtue(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:42:51 PM
WSPro17 posted...
NewVirtue posted...

I do not feel like this is in beta. I feel like I paid for and was treated with a full retailed and polished game. Are there bugs? Of course, no game is bug free. Id love to know what these "so many bugs" are. Bonus content? The game just came out and there was already a DLC announced FOR FREE (for two weeks) and another stage. Let them get started.

Maybe I am in the very, very pleased minority but this game is good. I don't care about the menus and how they look. I am fighting other people and the stages and characters look awesome and you can tell how much work went into them. Game modes would be nice but they don't detract from what we have. This is a fighting game, fighting games do not need to have all the stuff that a shooter does.

Does it have fighting? Yes.
Does it have more than 10 characters? Yes.
Are there alternate costumes and color schemes? Yes.
More than 5 stages? Yes.

The connection is solid and getting better. The fighters are solid and growing in number. The stages look awesome and are getting more innovative. SuperBot is 100% behind their project, they are dedicated, they know we are dedicated and they are going to deliver to the best of their ability. Which, in my humble opinion, is all any of us should ask for.

i do like the game, and i like their commitment but...

quickmatch can random switch your character but thats never happened to me in ranked...why is that?
also how come some ppl have trouble with their game while others dont. how is it that not all copies are the same. if you click skip after a game nothing ends up in the summary. if you watched the whole thing then u dont really need the summary, and if skipping the info doesnt show the info in summary..well what good is it.

thinks that i think show they werent quite ready.
- making it possible to quit out of a ranked game with no loss seems to be a conscious decision on their part since they reward players who stay in the game by giving bonus rp for consecutive completions. thats not broken but its not very professional imo.
- the rp system is cute, but everything important is unlocked after 2 matches, everything worthwhile is unlocked by lvl 100 and everything else is unlocked by 300. how is there any incentive to things like the consecutive completions.
- why do we only get updates about the game from their tumbler or twitter. i dont use either. why cant they get an official way of announcing patches/server down time and stuff. at the very least they could put them on the official forum as a sticky.
- they lack options to do things like raise/lower ppls audio chat. apparently a persons voice falls under sound effects.
- i think this was supposed to be fixed with the patch, but making it impossible to mute someone unless the game has started shows shows that they hadnt thought some things through.
- even tho its a party brawler, player 2 gets nothing, no name, no minion, none of the unlockables,

these are all things that should have been tested with a beta. and i dont mean a stress test beta.