Tips on spike

#1ApolloJusticeAAPosted 12/8/2012 8:01:49 PM
I recently acquired this game. after playing through a few matches online and playing a few arcade stories i have decided i want to use spike. I am learning his moves and have most down. are there any tips or combos i should focus on with him?
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
#2Valefor500Posted 12/8/2012 8:12:11 PM
Link yur lvl 1 and 2 avoid using lvl 3
---
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Free DLC characters!
#3lightdragoon88Posted 12/8/2012 8:21:12 PM
Spike user here and been told I am really good.

Go into his advance tutorial to learn some good combos, especially the side square into up square.

Square combos: All are great. Use them all. Especially standard and up square.

His elec. net is great for setting combos and supers. Never forget it.

Hoop is useless. Never use it.

Teleport to escape supers and people coming at you.

Banana boomerang is great for hitting them far away or hit them on the return to interrupt their combos.

Monkey Radar: This is your ace gadget. Use the badana version in the air whenever you can to keep 3 banana on the field. Used the Giant Monkey on the ground. Best to use this after a three hit square hit and they are near the wall.

Supers:

Level 1 only with a link.

Level 2 when they are fighting close to each other.

Level 3 while only netting one kill to each opponent, if you are good at dodging, those kills are all you need.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#4NewVirtuePosted 12/8/2012 8:27:20 PM
not a spike user and dont know much about him. but one thing i saw that seemed nice. his...i think its neutral triangle. the one where he controls something that shoots lightning straight up. its not very noticeable when theres a lot going on and i see a few spike users putting that out imediately after knocking a melee character away so as to follow up after they recover.
#5lightdragoon88Posted 12/8/2012 9:08:28 PM
NewVirtue posted...
not a spike user and dont know much about him. but one thing i saw that seemed nice. his...i think its neutral triangle. the one where he controls something that shoots lightning straight up. its not very noticeable when theres a lot going on and i see a few spike users putting that out imediately after knocking a melee character away so as to follow up after they recover.

That is the satellite RC.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#6shadow of sonic 2001Posted 12/8/2012 9:15:51 PM
I've been trying to find ways to hit his supers consistently, because I'm pretty good at actually fighting with him.

For his level 2, if you use down-square while your opponent is on the ground, then mash R2 to use his super ASAP, it hits most of the time. If you use his down-triangle while your opponent is on the ground and you're fairly close to them, then wait about half a second to press R2 (While they're being zapped), it hits most of the time.

I can't do crap with his level 1, though. I actually use his level 3 in FFA a lot, since I don't have a problem gaining AP. Does anyone know how to use his level 1 good? The RC car lets you hit it, but that move itself is unreliable.
---
Strickland Propene does not have a vending machine. It smells, and I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded.
#7ApolloJusticeAA(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:51:43 PM
What is a good way to build AP with spike?
---
#8ApolloJusticeAA(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:54:15 PM
Also what are some weaknesses and general gameplay tips with him?

I like to play team and FFA are there any opponents you had a hard time fighting as spike?
---
#9MusicVisualizerPosted 12/8/2012 9:59:51 PM
Hoop is useless. Never use it.

I like to use the hoop to stall in the air just out of reach so I can keep my movement options open or bait and punish.
---
Music for the eyes.
#10PirateKing290Posted 12/8/2012 10:03:29 PM
Hoop is good for staying in the air and the air version hits more times I think.

Anyways know your hit confirms into level 1, but always be saving up for level 2 in a 1v1, until you actually hit one of your hit confirms.

These are, to name a few-
N2
Air D2
S3 Fully Charged
Ground Radar Banana
Ground Radar Banana (when they walk into it)
Air S1 guard break

Use all the monkeys in the monkey radar, use all your moves and play a good zoning game when you can.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer