You know what? No. Screw Kratos!

#21holysquidPosted 12/8/2012 11:52:29 PM
Crabhammar posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
He's REALLY not that bad.....annoying yes but not that big of an issue.

This. His supers are ass. Seriously, the only ways you'd die to them is if a dumbass locks you into a combo and Kratos blindsides you both with his Level 1/2 or you mess up air dodging his Level 3 hadouken (which most Kratii eventually spam in frustration). They can potentially come fast and furious, yes, but can be seen from a mile away most times.

EDIT: I do agree that he's way too safe. Block his neutral Square combo? LOL HERE'S ANOTHER

I disagree. His level 1 can easily catch a group if he goes unnoticed, and his level 2 is instantaneous and has a fairly large kill radius. Not to mention his level 3 is deadily in the right hands.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#22CrabhammarPosted 12/8/2012 11:58:32 PM(edited)
holysquid posted...
Crabhammar posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
He's REALLY not that bad.....annoying yes but not that big of an issue.

This. His supers are ass. Seriously, the only ways you'd die to them is if a dumbass locks you into a combo and Kratos blindsides you both with his Level 1/2 or you mess up air dodging his Level 3 hadouken (which most Kratii eventually spam in frustration). They can potentially come fast and furious, yes, but can be seen from a mile away most times.

EDIT: I do agree that he's way too safe. Block his neutral Square combo? LOL HERE'S ANOTHER

I disagree. His level 1 can easily catch a group if he goes unnoticed, and his level 2 is instantaneous and has a fairly large kill radius. Not to mention his level 3 is deadily in the right hands.

That's what I said: getting locked into a combo and getting blindsided. His level 2 has a fairly large kill radius vertically. On the ground, one can easily see it coming and roll to safety. I guess you could put "getting knocked back into the aerial kill zone" as another way to feel Kratos' wrath, but I really don't think any of his supers are anything to write home about.

EDIT: If your character is too slow and doesn't have any mobility moves, then I suppose Kratos' Level 3 will slice you right up. When I'm Drake, I air Triangle (Wall Runn) and Up Circle (Zipline) my way to safety, but with Sweet Tooth, I'm basically a sitting duck.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#23IAmMC2Posted 12/9/2012 12:03:14 AM
Kratos is designed as a beginner character. He's easy to mash with and gains AP fast, but none of his supers are good AT ALL and he is prone to counters.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#24DanteTheBestPosted 12/9/2012 12:04:25 AM
I think that 90% of the reason everyone on this damned site hates Kratos is that every time they see Kratos, they get their panties in a bunch and basically give up before the match even starts. You know, if you actually took the time to learn Kratos a little bit and understand how he works, you wouldn't have such a problem with him

First of all, what you say about him having zero cooldown is COMPLETELY false. Unless you have the reaction time of a stoned tortoise, you can EASILY punish everything Kratos throws out at you if you get a simple read. YOU ADMIT that Kratos's spam, so why don't you just do something that people who are good actually do and try to predict what they're going to do!

You say that you block, dodge, and try to get in close to Kratos. I think your idea of 'blocking and dodging' is just spamming your roll until you get in close. If you have any sense, you would know that rolling on Kratos is a big no no.

Yes, Kratos has a big range and high priority and racks up AP fast, but guess what? His specials suck and are incredibly hard to land, and his attacks aren't 'light speed' like half the people on this site claim.

"I say it doesn't really matter how good you get at this game. Unless you're using a ranged character, a spammy Kratos is gonna win."
You're basically admitting that you suck and that you can't beat retarded spammers.
Come on dude, you must have heard people say this 20 times before, THE BEST PLAYER ALWAYS WINS. Even if one person has the better character, the person who can outplay the other WILL WIN. Plus, you say that you use alot of characters. If you just stuck to 2 or 3 characters, learned how to fight every character with them, you would be so much better, and you wouldn't b!tch about dumb Kratos spammers.
#25CrabhammarPosted 12/9/2012 12:12:06 AM
^Kratos main confirmed? lol but seriously, stop with the blanket statements. If you'd read more than the original post, I'm sure you'd see we all don't think that exact way.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#26DanteTheBestPosted 12/9/2012 12:14:27 AM
Actually Crabhammer, I main Dante. I don't use Kratos at all, but instead of complaining about him I just learn how to fight him, and frankly it works! You guys need to just not piss your pants of anger everytime you see Kratos and you'd do so much better against him -.-
#27Retroxgamer0Posted 12/9/2012 12:14:56 AM
kratos IS a ranged character
#28DW4fReAk31Posted 12/9/2012 12:38:55 AM
Whenever I see Kratos or Sackboy I just go after them the entire match.

It usually works out for about 20 seconds before it becomes a huge cluster**** but still.
---
PSN: BloodOps
"In my book, experience outranks everything."
#29ScholarshipPosted 12/9/2012 12:56:31 AM
The fact that Kratos is relatively fast, has range to his melee, is one of the combo monsters, and has an auto-lock on move makes it hard for even ZONERS to stay away from him. He gets in quick, and in an attempt to escape, something such as his aerial spinning move is likely to hit you.

Lol, I know that Santa Monica helped out with this game, but they just purely decided to make their presence obvious with this character, and with that new medusa head item.
#30flame030191Posted 12/9/2012 12:58:07 AM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Smh.
I've been in a game with 3 Kratos and won. I don't have that much of a issue with Kratos players.

Did your character have a significant amount of ranged attacks?

Was your character Raiden or Kratos?

If neither, then respect for you, sir.

Anyone with skill can take down Kratos with ease.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.