You know what? No. Screw Kratos!

#31flame030191Posted 12/9/2012 1:01:46 AM
holysquid posted...
Crabhammar posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
He's REALLY not that bad.....annoying yes but not that big of an issue.

This. His supers are ass. Seriously, the only ways you'd die to them is if a dumbass locks you into a combo and Kratos blindsides you both with his Level 1/2 or you mess up air dodging his Level 3 hadouken (which most Kratii eventually spam in frustration). They can potentially come fast and furious, yes, but can be seen from a mile away most times.

EDIT: I do agree that he's way too safe. Block his neutral Square combo? LOL HERE'S ANOTHER

I disagree. His level 1 can easily catch a group if he goes unnoticed, and his level 2 is instantaneous and has a fairly large kill radius. Not to mention his level 3 is deadily in the right hands.

Lvl 1 can kill an enemy who is completely ignoring him. Lvl 2 can catch an enemy too stupid to realize he's setting up right below. Lvl 3 can catch an enemy who doesn't know how to use the stage right.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#32DW4fReAk31Posted 12/9/2012 1:06:39 AM
flame030191 posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...
Smh.
I've been in a game with 3 Kratos and won. I don't have that much of a issue with Kratos players.

Did your character have a significant amount of ranged attacks?

Was your character Raiden or Kratos?

If neither, then respect for you, sir.

Anyone with skill can take down Kratos with ease.

Ease is pushing it. Any new kid can pick up the game and spam some of Kratos' easy moves.
---
PSN: BloodOps
"In my book, experience outranks everything."
#33DireProphecyPosted 12/9/2012 1:17:27 AM
Evil Cole, Raiden, Sackboy, Sly Cooper, and Drake are all just as good/arguably better than Kratos. They all have better supers or ease of landing their supers. Don't understand all the Kratos hate. Most of the people doing it are probably below-average skilled scrubs.
#34CephrienPosted 12/9/2012 1:22:38 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
Smh.
I've been in a game with 3 Kratos and won. I don't have that much of a issue with Kratos players.

You've probably been playing with brain dead button mashers that don't know what they're doing then.

Kratos players that are, at least, decent will dominate every time.
#35DW4fReAk31Posted 12/9/2012 1:24:28 AM
DireProphecy posted...
Evil Cole, Raiden, Sackboy, Sly Cooper, and Drake are all just as good/arguably better than Kratos. They all have better supers or ease of landing their supers. Don't understand all the Kratos hate. Most of the people doing it are probably below-average skilled scrubs.

lol no. I'll give you Sackboy and maybe Raiden.

Drake, Evil Cole and Sly definitely take some time to being good or dominant with.
---
PSN: BloodOps
"In my book, experience outranks everything."
#36313ArcherPosted 12/9/2012 1:28:04 AM
ITT: Do you even skill, bro?
#37NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:24:23 AM
I think that 90% of the reason everyone on this damned site hates Kratos is that every time they see Kratos, they get their panties in a bunch and basically give up before the match even starts. You know, if you actually took the time to learn Kratos a little bit and understand how he works, you wouldn't have such a problem with him

First of all, what you say about him having zero cooldown is COMPLETELY false. Unless you have the reaction time of a stoned tortoise, you can EASILY punish everything Kratos throws out at you if you get a simple read. YOU ADMIT that Kratos's spam, so why don't you just do something that people who are good actually do and try to predict what they're going to do!

You say that you block, dodge, and try to get in close to Kratos. I think your idea of 'blocking and dodging' is just spamming your roll until you get in close. If you have any sense, you would know that rolling on Kratos is a big no no.

Yes, Kratos has a big range and high priority and racks up AP fast, but guess what? His specials suck and are incredibly hard to land, and his attacks aren't 'light speed' like half the people on this site claim.

"I say it doesn't really matter how good you get at this game. Unless you're using a ranged character, a spammy Kratos is gonna win."
You're basically admitting that you suck and that you can't beat *r-word* spammers.
Come on dude, you must have heard people say this 20 times before, THE BEST PLAYER ALWAYS WINS. Even if one person has the better character, the person who can outplay the other WILL WIN. Plus, you say that you use alot of characters. If you just stuck to 2 or 3 characters, learned how to fight every character with them, you would be so much better, and you wouldn't b!tch about dumb Kratos spammers.

1. I DO take the time to learn Kratos. I fight so many of them online, I have no choice in the matter.

2. I said NEXT TO zero cooldown time. Seriously, you have maybe a max of half a second to react after an attack. The only one that is easy to punish is if you block his forward square when right next to him, because at least that has an average cooldown time. His neutral square and up square are ridiculously safe as-is.

3. Yeah, no. I usually do jump airdodges, get in close, block an attack while I'm right next to him, try to punish that, and then get raped by his blindingly fast recovery.

4. His supers aren't terrible like you make them out to be. They're about average, really. His level one can easily get a grounded group, and with enough timing, it can catch someone as they're landing on the ground, and apparently it can also be combo'd into from his down circle stun. His level 2 has TREMENDOUS vertical range, and given you usually have to be above Kratos to expose his weaknesses, it's pretty hard to simply stay on the ground and still best him. Meanwhile, he's still getting hits in, eventually getting to his level 3.

5. I do have my mains, and coincidentally they're almost all ranged characters. Yeah, playing as new characters is going to make me weaker, but I should think that all my experience with noob spammy Kratos users should at least help me avoid him and punish him, but this is not the case.

Now, next time you make an argument, I'd appreciate you not insult me by saying that I suck, or that I have the reaction time of a stoned turtle. That's immature and unneccessary, and is detrimental to your credibility. You're lucky I even acknowledged your arguments with an approach like that.
#38morechillyramenPosted 12/9/2012 10:26:45 AM
Short hop air dodge and throws destroy bad Kratii aaaaaaaallll day.

Now a good Kratos, on the other hand...Then we've got a hard match.
---
"Life is far too important to take seriously"
Oscar Wilde
#39DireProphecyPosted 12/9/2012 1:20:32 PM
DW4fReAk31 posted...
DireProphecy posted...

lol no. I'll give you Sackboy and maybe Raiden.

Drake, Evil Cole and Sly definitely take some time to being good or dominant with.

You aren't very smart are you. How long a character takes to be dominant with has nothing to do with how good the character is. Learn to think for yourself.
#40DanteTheBestPosted 12/9/2012 1:52:06 PM
If you get beaten by spamming Kratos users, than I don't think you know how to fight Kratos. For the love of god, Kratos isn't nearly as good as all you people say he is!

Kratos doesn't have 'next to zero second cooldown'. Its pretty big. Nothing compared to Dante, sure, but it's still perfectly punishable. For the love of god, all you have to do is get 1 good read on Kratos, which is SO FREAKING EASY IF THEY'RE A SPAMMER, than you can hard punish them. And btw, a half a second is PLENTY of time to react and punish kratos. Unless of course your a stoned tortoise.

Another thing, it is SO easy to predict when Kratos is about to use his supers. In a corner? His level 1's coming out. Falling to the ground? His level 1's coming out. He's running towards you while your high in the air? Guess what. Level 2's coming out. All you have to do when fighting a Kratos is predict what they're going to do, which is incredibly easy.

Oh, and btw, your statement about only ranged characters being able to beat Kratos is SOO FALSE. I main Dante, the most melee heavy character in this game. Guess what? I have NEVER had a problem with Kratos, even when I first started and I sucked. I can even beat Kratos users with Sly, who CAN'T BLOCK OR AIRDODGE. (And btw, I've seen my fair share of Kratos. Very good ones, too. The good ones beat me with SKILL because they're better than me.)

It seems that everyone on this site just spams ignorant garbage about Kratos that they only say because other people say it. Seriously, hating Kratos is becoming a bandwagon on this site. I bet half of what people say about Kratos they don't even truly believe.