Why do people say Jak sucks?

#1HemerukioPosted 12/9/2012 2:26:17 AM
I've been having a great time using him so far. In fact, I find him easier to use and grasp than anyone else; his level 1 feels fairly easy to pull off as well, and usually results in double kills for me, I don't know why people are complaining about his level 2 so much, and his level 3 is super awesome. Am I the only one who feels he's under-appreciated?
---
Official We're Doomed guy of the NUNSG board
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#2AttraFayttenPosted 12/9/2012 2:30:52 AM
in one on one, his super are poor.
---
"nin nin" a reference to a 'troll/ignorant TC', 'spam/naive topic' and 'boredom/filler subject'
#3CyborgTwentyPosted 12/9/2012 2:37:16 AM
Hemerukio posted...
his level 1 feels fairly easy to pull off as well, and usually results in double kills for me, I don't know why people are complaining about his level 2 so much, and his level 3 is super awesome.

then you must be playing against people who suck at this game pretty bad.
#4Switchfoot2008Posted 12/9/2012 2:40:13 AM
Jak has horrible combos just like Radec. The difference is Radec makes up for it with huge ranged attacks and easy to kill supers. Jak is one of the worst characters in the game right now IMO. I can't believe they didn't give him followup combo ability after forward square, up square. He needs an ISP combo by extending comboable moves after launching.
#5ImDyinSquirtlePosted 12/9/2012 2:43:59 AM
Jak has some of the worst supers in the game. The only thing he's good at is running away, which is why he excels in stock matches.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#6Lucarioaura22Posted 12/9/2012 4:33:40 AM
Jak is a good character IMO and my best. All of my friends who had the game told me Jak was a character slot wasted and I shouldn't bother with him but they couldn't be more wrong! It takes a while to get a feel for him and actually know when to use guns and supers. LightEcoSage if you read this, we should team up as 2 Jaks and take the world by eco storm.
---
We do what we must.................
#7JammerzWPosted 12/9/2012 4:42:40 AM
I main Jak and I am successful with him, he's also my favourite character out of the roster. But it's hardly an easy win compared to a Radec or Sweet Tooth win. Jak's AP gain on a lot of his moves bar his blaster, wave concussor and square attacks is lacking. His supers are relatively expensive and pretty hard to reliably hit. While he is a good character he is lacking in comparison to the rest of the roster.
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#8J_Dawg_Posted 12/9/2012 4:48:36 AM
Poor AP gain on all his moves except his squares, down circle, forward triangle, no reliable setups into supers, weird hitboxes on his square follow-up moves like his jetboard punch, bad supers.

If you want AP with him, you have to spam the same few moves over and over again, it gets really predictable. He's good at avoiding supers, but that's it.
---
Not changing this sig until I get a copy of Final Fantasy Type-0. Started: 8/29/2010
PSN: Mooglebane