I thought I would play this game for months, if not years. Instead I got a week.

#1thebestestbestPosted 12/9/2012 2:29:42 PM
It's trying to be a normal fighting game, but it's not building off of the genre. It feels like it's starting against from scratch, and that's simply unacceptable with all of the fighting games that are already out there.

Where is the dashing? The running? Spot dodges? Focus attacks? Parries? Air dashing? Flight? There are just so many mechanics missing from this game that could be fit in so easily to make it faster paced and more exciting.

Instead it's just the most barebones a fighting game can be, and it's so slow it is almost turn based. Instead of a fast paced high excitement arena fighting game, we get street fighter minus the polish.

I'm disappointed, because the game could be so, so much more, and it isn't.

I don't even play it online anymore, it's just too shallow.
#2wwinterj25Posted 12/9/2012 2:30:35 PM
thebestestbest posted...
It's trying to be a normal fighting game.

Stopped reading right there. Move along folks nothing to see here.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#3ZeroGravity38Posted 12/9/2012 2:30:45 PM
Cool for you k bye,
---
PSN: ZeroGravity38
SSBB FC:1679-1467-0742
#4schmetePosted 12/9/2012 2:31:29 PM
This troll is HUUUUUUUNGRYYYYYYY.
#5WSPro17Posted 12/9/2012 2:45:32 PM
thebestestbest posted...
Where is the dashing? The running? Spot dodges? Focus attacks? Parries? Air dashing? Flight? There are just so many mechanics missing from this game that could be fit in so easily to make it faster paced and more exciting.

Ya! Where's the health bars, the rounds, the 1v1. And why the hell isn't Ryu, Ken, Scorpion, Jan Lee, Hitomi, Mario and Captain Falcon. I'm so pissed that this game is trying to be something different and isn't exactly like all the others.
#6BlackFeathersPosted 12/9/2012 2:47:58 PM
schmete posted...
This troll is HUUUUUUUNGRYYYYYYY.

Maybe he honestly is unhappy with some things. I know I am. I still play it a lot but I recognize that it could've been so much better...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/
#7thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:51:53 PM
WSPro17 posted...
thebestestbest posted...

Ya! Where's the health bars, the rounds, the 1v1. And why the hell isn't Ryu, Ken, Scorpion, Jan Lee, Hitomi, Mario and Captain Falcon. I'm so pissed that this game is trying to be something different and isn't exactly like all the others.

They aren't trying to do something different.

The only thing they changed is the method of scoring.

The gameplay is still the exact same as a fighting game.
#8LustiakPosted 12/9/2012 2:54:05 PM
So, what game isn't a normal fighting game? The moment you bring Brawl up is the moment I should probably report you for terrorism.
#9CrabhammarPosted 12/9/2012 2:56:31 PM
WSPro17 posted...
thebestestbest posted...

This. It's unique and refreshing; I love it.
---
PSN: Bluechacho http://s7.zetaboards.com/ICUclan/index/
"So how are you doing? Because I am a potato."
#10thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:58:31 PM
Lustiak posted...
So, what game isn't a normal fighting game? The moment you bring Brawl up is the moment I should probably report you for terrorism.

My point is that it is trying to be a normal fighting game but is lacking to many mechanics to compete with modern ones.

Work on your reading comprehension, you are off on some tangent that was never brought up.