I thought I would play this game for months, if not years. Instead I got a week.

#21J-Don-BonnePosted 12/9/2012 6:49:41 PM
Kat, Jak, and Dante have air dashes, and the "pegasus boot" (I'll call 'em that), grant air dashes.

The Fish item acts as a portable 3 time Focus Attack (not that a lot of people know that)

Sly, Kratos, Dante, Raiden, and Nariko have parries.

All we're missing is free flight from your argument's side, which would be broken for a game like this unless it was abominably slow.
---
Official Spike of the PSASBR Board
Fan of a "pretty hardcore evil" Vampire Queen.
#22BlackFeathersPosted 12/9/2012 7:13:30 PM
Leagult posted...
Wait wait, Focus attacks, parries, air dashing, and flight?

What kind of fighting game has all those?

I think he is joking myself, lol.
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better. :/
#23Grimsley-SanPosted 12/9/2012 7:17:54 PM
thebestestbest posted...

Where is the dashing? The running? Spot dodges? Focus attacks? Parries? Air dashing? Flight? There are just so many mechanics missing from this game that could be fit in so easily to make it faster paced and more exciting.

This is not Street Fighter, or Marvel vs Capcom....
---
<3Tim+Kayla<3;PSN: Grimsley-San; Twitter:GrimsleySan; YT: MrFenixWright
Playing: PSASBR, TTT2, SFxT, WKC2, BBCSE, P4A, SCV, UMVC3,
#24thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:27:03 PM(edited)
Grimsley-San posted...
thebestestbest posted...

Where is the dashing? The running? Spot dodges? Focus attacks? Parries? Air dashing? Flight? There are just so many mechanics missing from this game that could be fit in so easily to make it faster paced and more exciting.

This is not Street Fighter, or Marvel vs Capcom....

How would those additions make the game worse?

I don't understand this mentality.

"This game isn't exactly street fighter and should therefore ignore any and all advancements that make street fighter fun"

You sound like an idiot.
#25Retroxgamer0Posted 12/9/2012 7:33:43 PM
thebestestbest posted...
It's trying to be a normal fighting game, but it's not building off of the genre. It feels like it's starting against from scratch, and that's simply unacceptable with all of the fighting games that are already out there.

Instead it's just the most barebones a fighting game can be, and it's so slow it is almost turn based. Instead of a fast paced high excitement arena fighting game, we get street fighter minus the polish.

I'm disappointed, because the game could be so, so much more, and it isn't.

I don't even play it online anymore, it's just too shallow.

its not trying to be a normal fighting game. its trying to be a casual party brawler, that also has depth for more experienced players to explore. its not trying to expand the fighting genre, its trying to do something different. the advanced tactics you listed off do not mesh well with the way this game is meant to be, its not a true fighting game. i think you shouldve researched a little more before randomly purchasing it.
#26flame030191Posted 12/9/2012 7:36:08 PM
This game will survive without you TC.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#27MajesticFerretPosted 12/9/2012 7:40:57 PM
It feels like it's starting against from scratch, and that's simply unacceptable with all of the fighting games that are already out there.

Yes, because being different from everything else is clearly a bad thing.

Where is the dashing?

Raiden?

The running?

...they can all run.

Spot dodges?

...have you even played this game? They can all spot dodge.

Focus attacks?

Not sure what you mean here, but if this means attacks that can break guards, it has those.

Parries?

Tons of characters have this.

Air dashing?

Several characters have this and all can have it with Hermes boots.

Flight?

Anyone with 2 brain cells would see how bad flight would break this game, not that any fighting game character truly have flight. Being able to "levitate" in a confined stage doesn't really count as flight. Outright flight from a character would shatter this game it would be so broken.

There are just so many mechanics that I missed while playing the game.

Fixed for accuracy.

Instead it's just the most barebones a fighting game can be, and it's so slow it is almost turn based. Instead of a fast paced high excitement arena fighting game, we get street fighter minus the polish.

>Implying this game is slower paced than SF or Smash.
>Implying that SF's projectile spam fest is "polished."

I don't even play it online anymore, it's just too shallow.

It's strategic and situation, vs. most fighters where you memorize stupidly long combos, wait for your opponent to make a mistake to use a wake up and punish them by taking half of their health.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#28thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:53:28 PM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...

its not trying to be a normal fighting game. its trying to be a casual party brawler, that also has depth for more experienced players to explore. its not trying to expand the fighting genre, its trying to do something different. the advanced tactics you listed off do not mesh well with the way this game is meant to be, its not a true fighting game. i think you shouldve researched a little more before randomly purchasing it.

It's not trying to do anything different. It hasn't done anything smash or traditional fighting games haven't done except the "only kill with supers" part.

This whole "it's something different!" is a complete lie.

It's NOT different than street fighter or smash. It's the same damn gameplay with a small number of meaningless or detrimental additions and a lot of important stuff missing that makes the game fast and exciting.

And majestic, you are so wrong on so many levels it's not worth pointing them all out. I'll just say that what raiden does is NOT dashing according to fighting game terminology.